Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 14-01-2010, 07:08 AM   #1
PamAnn

Default Help, Help! New fish need advise quick!

Hi, I just received two large (2-3 inches) Comet Goldfish as a gift from a friend for my backyard water garden. I had a 5 inch one living there for many years until a neighborhood cat finally caught it. The problem is I'm in Alabama and it's unseasonably cold here, 44 now and 22 tonight. It will be warming up to the 60's daytime and 40's at night by this weekend but the fish are in a bag now with not much water and I don't have any place to keep them for three days. Should I go ahead and float the bag in the cold pond water and hope they adjust? Please help... any advise will be welcome. Thanks
Old 14-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
terence28

Hi, welcome to AF. I suppose alot of us here live in Asia, and we dun really have experience keeping fish outdoors in winter.... perhaps that's why nobody dare to reply in case we give wrong advice.

But we do have some US-based forummers around, hope they can offer some tips fast...
Old 14-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
kitsilano

AFC Member

Alabama is Crimson Tide Country.....I agree with bro Terence that we in Asia don't have that kinda wintry situation.

Maybe go to website like this US based website and ask forummers there to help you.

http://www.goldfishkeepers.com/forum/

If you insist on trying out and the fishes in the bag are (so far) kept indoor....suggest you use indoor water fill into a pail and float the bag in the pail and bring it outdoor....that way the sudden shock and change in temp is not as adverse as if you float bag directly in the outside pond.

Welcome to Af

Cheers!!

Kitsilano
kitsilano is offline   Reply With Quote