Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > AquaMedics Board & Pet Loss > Pet Loss

Old 13-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #11
Vitor
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovertg View Post
kena before myself. got some clear algae and make water clear solution. add in jitao aro swim left right centre and gasping for air. lucky quickly change water and my bro brought some tank water from his house to mix in. lucky he survived

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
I went c328 last time ask the boss wat clear algae, then told him I keep aro....
He pick a solution for me. Told him nv take oceanfree brand.
He gave me a nono look.

I tried in small quantity, heng bought small bottle.
Quite useless and felt mt aro not happy too.... Ended WC best....
Vitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #12
fishlover1971
Arofanatic

I tried an algae cleaner that supposed to clear the water. It did the job but also clear away the mollies
fishlover1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 03:40 AM   #13
Gordy
Dragon

We'll never know if the different products from different company might react with another chemical. I remember there was some product from Seachem that would be affected by other brands of anti chlorine or something. For me i try to stay on a brand of products.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #14
kuay5
Dragon

Ya painful lesson learnt, stick to basics, wc.

The product does work, water super clear now. But what a heavy price i paid for it, don't even want to enjoy it now.
kuay5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #15
joshua02
Arofanatic

i dont add any chemical product to my tank except for the anti chlorine during WC. I believe WC and good filtration is the way to keep your water condition good.
joshua02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #16
Brichardi
Dragon

Sorry for your huge loss bud. Thanks for sharing such experiences even though it's painful for you. We can only learn from our mistakes and improved ourselves from it.
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #17
gereld_hor
Endangered Dragon

my deepest condolences
gereld_hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #18
joemalu
Arofanatic

Sorry for your loss. Im staying away from petfran products due to the same reason. I also try not add any binder chemical and rather depend on frequent water changes. Of course the only exception chemical is anti chorine which i trust on the safe powder.

I recall when i still have 30 mini ebh growing up i did try adding water clarifier plus by microbe-lift. It is a polymeric blend solution. I thought i want to enjoy pristine clear water. Last wc about a week back then. Just few minutes upon adding the solution into the tank my ebh starts dashing around and 3 belly up. Fhfl do wc and save the rest of my ebh. Other than microbe-lift clarifier i also tried bioearth with no ill effect. But still wc the best to clear up water.
joemalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #19
washywashy
Dragon

To me, moral of the story is if it ain't broken, don't fix it. I have never used products that guarantee crystal clear water as I know that at the end of the day, it all depends on the filtration. About Petfran products on the other hand, I try to stay away as I trust more seasoned companies who have been in the industry for a while. I had a bad experience using their pH pen as the reading is far from accurate. I actually used a Sera Test kit and a Pinpoint pH meter to confirm the readings and they were world's apart.
washywashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #20
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by washywashy View Post
To me, moral of the story is if it ain't broken, don't fix it. I have never used products that guarantee crystal clear water as I know that at the end of the day, it all depends on the filtration. About Petfran products on the other hand, I try to stay away as I trust more seasoned companies who have been in the industry for a while. I had a bad experience using their pH pen as the reading is far from accurate. I actually used a Sera Test kit and a Pinpoint pH meter to confirm the readings and they were world's apart.

bro, bingo! I guess the bottomline : maintain good water parameters.

honest, I am still using petfran ultimate coat formula 7 water conditioner. so far so good for more than 3 years.
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote