Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 30-12-2017, 08:49 AM   #11
CZQ
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanantosis View Post
Around there ba. Hahaha i only get 1kg for my pond first. With 1 kg bio sphere. For 22 small gold fish. Haha will need to top up bio media when they bigger
Ic. 1kg each enough for so many gf? Bio sphere got sell 1kg?
CZQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 03:47 AM   #12
thanantosis
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZQ View Post
Ic. 1kg each enough for so many gf? Bio sphere got sell 1kg?
I felt that we as fish keeper very ks hahha put many media. According to biohome 1kg treat 3000l. Of cos it depends bio load etc. My pond is 700l. Means 1kg is already 4 times more. And after testing. Its more then enough to handle my 22 small 3 inch goldfish.

Maxspear. Come in 2kg. I already place 1 kg in hahaha as back up
thanantosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 07:35 AM   #13
CZQ
Arofanatic

Quote:
I felt that we as fish keeper very ks hahha put many media. According to biohome 1kg treat 3000l. Of cos it depends bio load etc. My pond is 700l. Means 1kg is already 4 times more. And after testing. Its more then enough to handle my 22 small 3 inch goldfish.

Maxspear. Come in 2kg. I already place 1 kg in hahaha as back up
i feel cannot use the water volume formula. bio load is hard to judge. try to get the best. can use the remaining bio spheres to have better result and seed them need time.
Old 31-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #14
thanantosis
Arofanatic

Quote:
i feel cannot use the water volume formula. bio load is hard to judge. try to get the best. can use the remaining bio spheres to have better result and seed them need time.
Of cos. Some uses how much media per inch of fish etc. Hard to say some time. Different fish different bioload. Need to test. Haha
Old 31-12-2017, 01:53 PM   #15
CZQ
Arofanatic

Quote:
Of cos. Some uses how much media per inch of fish etc. Hard to say some time. Different fish different bioload. Need to test. Haha
yes. get the best especially if space is a concern. yesterday i went to plant nursery and saw 1kg pumice at $3. it is like matrix but at a much lower price. wondering can use this anot.
Old 31-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #16
thanantosis
Arofanatic

Quote:
yes. get the best especially if space is a concern. yesterday i went to plant nursery and saw 1kg pumice at $3. it is like matrix but at a much lower price. wondering can use this anot.
Yes according to many forum. Its the same as matrix. However if u not using much bio media. Invest in a good brand is the best. For a piece of mind ba hahahha.

And btw i found a video of max spec bio sp. Goes to 8:20

After seeing that i guess u will try it hahaha

https://youtu.be/0HdcB86YkaA
Old 31-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #17
CZQ
Arofanatic

Quote:
Yes according to many forum. Its the same as matrix. However if u not using much bio media. Invest in a good brand is the best. For a piece of mind ba hahahha.

And btw i found a video of max spec bio sp. Goes to 8:20

After seeing that i guess u will try it hahaha

https://youtu.be/0HdcB86YkaA
It looks the same as matrix. Guess can use. The price is very good. 1kg at $3. 1l matrix is 400g and is 10+. I always look at the surface area vs the price. I'm using bio home and marine pure at the moment. May I know how many balls in a 2kg pack? Thanks.
Old 31-12-2017, 06:00 PM   #18
thanantosis
Arofanatic

Quote:
It looks the same as matrix. Guess can use. The price is very good. 1kg at $3. 1l matrix is 400g and is 10+. I always look at the surface area vs the price. I'm using bio home and marine pure at the moment. May I know how many balls in a 2kg pack? Thanks.
Hahaha looks the same does not mean inside all same. If anything goes wrong. Then all your previous investment all gone to waste liao haha.

Im in japan now. Only back in jan haha. Will count for u when im back. And surface area vs price is how i judge too. However all seller will say they have xxx number of surface area etc. Its up to them to put whatever they want. Hahah
Old 01-01-2018, 09:59 AM   #19
CZQ
Arofanatic

Quote:
Hahaha looks the same does not mean inside all same. If anything goes wrong. Then all your previous investment all gone to waste liao haha.

Im in japan now. Only back in jan haha. Will count for u when im back. And surface area vs price is how i judge too. However all seller will say they have xxx number of surface area etc. Its up to them to put whatever they want. Hahah
yes maybe can try on others first. Can get gf and koi. Should be good quality. I don't think they dare to fake on the surface area. Especially is from USA.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:59 AM   #20
thanantosis
Arofanatic

Quote:
yes maybe can try on others first. Can get gf and koi. Should be good quality. I don't think they dare to fake on the surface area. Especially is from USA.
Ya lor. With 1kg of biohome and 1kg of max sp. My 22 goldfish all doing well and growing fast. No death so far. And water condition is ok too. My pond only abt 600l. Already way over filter. Im testing to see whether this works. As i think we all place too much media for our tank. Which is under utilize.