Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 19-04-2014, 02:13 AM   #1
washywashy
Dragon

Default True albino silver aro

Had a family gathering today and my relative showed me his recent catch... True albino silver aros with red eyes! Was glad to know that he got the real McCoy and not the ones that are flooding the market. Although the lights are pink lights, I witnessed for myself the red eyes. Too bad the semi short piece has rather bad PLJ. Nonetheless, enjoy!

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
washywashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 02:39 AM   #2
nel

the mouth is really very damn jialat.
Old 19-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
takanori
Senior Dragon

Where your relative got this true albino silver? I never believe those flooding in the market are albino silver as I do saw before albino silver with ruby eyes even at juv size. No such thing as grow big then can see ruby eyes...
takanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
Lex
Dragon

than what are those flooding the market? cause they are white with black eyes? will they turn silver once adult??
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
Vitor
Dragon

Ya flood market ones also albino. Mine red red eyes, under yellow light it's a bit yellowish, and pink....

Mine at 12" ,hehe...

Ya ur plj quite bad.....
Vitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #6
nel

what is a true albino? eyes red, so its albino? what else we look at?

what is a fake albino? how come its fake? how u see those LFS selling fake?

share lehz. i am a noob about albino. personal, i am not a fan of albino fish, and i notice alot of fishes are albino nowadays.

I only like snow white aro. can never forget the snow white i saw at Aro Dynasty 10 years ago at Potong Pasir there and the snow white at OTF. its so classic, like one in a million.
Old 19-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
washywashy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel View Post
the mouth is really very damn jialat.
Agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by takanori View Post
Where your relative got this true albino silver? I never believe those flooding in the market are albino silver as I do saw before albino silver with ruby eyes even at juv size. No such thing as grow big then can see ruby eyes...
He got it through a friend. That was exactly what I told him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
than what are those flooding the market? cause they are white with black eyes? will they turn silver once adult??
No, cause the eyes are not even red to begin with. About turning colours, I really don't think it's possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
Ya flood market ones also albino. Mine red red eyes, under yellow light it's a bit yellowish, and pink....

Mine at 12" ,hehe...

Ya ur plj quite bad.....
Flooded in market and some are even tagged with cert as albino but no red eyes.
Quote:
what is a true albino? eyes red, so its albino? what else we look at?

what is a fake albino? how come its fake? how u see those LFS selling fake?

share lehz. i am a noob about albino. personal, i am not a fan of albino fish, and i notice alot of fishes are albino nowadays.

I only like snow white aro. can never forget the snow white i saw at Aro Dynasty 10 years ago at Potong Pasir there and the snow white at OTF. its so classic, like one in a million.
Mentioned already. Most of those in the market are with yellowish body but brown to black eyes. At least this is what I have observed.
Old 19-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #8
nel

thats what i noticed too. yellow body with black eyes. i dunno its a fake albino, no wonder its so cheap. i wonder what technique the breeders use this time.
Old 19-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #9
washywashy
Dragon

Quote:
thats what i noticed too. yellow body with black eyes. i dunno its a fake albino, no wonder its so cheap. i wonder what technique the breeders use this time.
I won't call it fake lah. At the end of the day, people must know what they are buying. Price is slashed by the folds now as high supply low demand. Foresee this happening when it first entered the market. If you search on Youtube you can see almost all SEA countries having them in the farms
Old 19-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #10
nel

Quote:
Originally Posted by washywashy View Post
I won't call it fake lah. At the end of the day, people must know what they are buying. Price is slashed by the folds now as high supply low demand. Foresee this happening when it first entered the market. If you search on Youtube you can see almost all SEA countries having them in the farms
SEA is flooded with many kinda of weird cross breeding, weird grooming, etc. Its so hard to find a classic aro nowadays. Aro is just like luohan at times. simplicity is gone.....

i would prefer a simple silver aro. my $12 silver aro is now 2 ft long....