Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > AquaMedics Board & Pet Loss

Old 14-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #11
shark
Dragon

Found this old thread from the search. My 4" IT kanna then same problem as the TS. It mouth cannot retract back normally. It happen last night when I out in the feeder. That IT try to suck the feeder and this happen. End up the feeder escape from mouth.

Poor fish,Thereafter he cannot eat properly.

Anyone got any idea how to treat this? Should I do a mini operation?

I try to net it up and force close, it help.. But when it try to eat again, this happen again.. This morning wake up saw the unclose mouth again...

Help..anyone can advise.
shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
cher boon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
Found this old thread from the search. My 4" IT kanna then same problem as the TS. It mouth cannot retract back normally. It happen last night when I out in the feeder. That IT try to suck the feeder and this happen. End up the feeder escape from mouth.

Poor fish,Thereafter he cannot eat properly.

Anyone got any idea how to treat this? Should I do a mini operation?

I try to net it up and force close, it help.. But when it try to eat again, this happen again.. This morning wake up saw the unclose mouth again...

Help..anyone can advise.
Wah! U very good in search.... Ur IT still small so just push back the jaw again and feed with smallest feeder or mp that for him to easy swallow.
cher boon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #13
shark
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cher boon View Post
Wah! U very good in search.... Ur IT still small so just push back the jaw again and feed with smallest feeder or mp that for him to easy swallow.
So u mean this happen becaus the food is too big for the IT to swollen. Ok I will try to push back. But if every time happen, it is recommendable to do it always? Cos I need to net it and push back.. Scare too much stress on the fish?

Is there is cure? Or the poor fish has to live with such handicap?
Old 14-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #14
cher boon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
So u mean this happen becaus the food is too big for the IT to swollen. Ok I will try to push back. But if every time happen, it is recommendable to do it always? Cos I need to net it and push back.. Scare too much stress on the fish?

Is there is cure? Or the poor fish has to live with such handicap?
There are two reasons for this happened, 1 is food too big to fix his mount , 2 is too stress like got other fishes chase or attack him.

If its happening too often then u must stay there n observe what cause that. Or throw into my tank...lol...
cher boon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
menthod
Arofanatic

Since you r able to close it. You should just close it and stop feeding for 2weeks. Juz to let the strained jaw recover before you feed. Hope its help.
menthod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #16
shark
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cher boon View Post
There are two reasons for this happened, 1 is food too big to fix his mount , 2 is too stress like got other fishes chase or attack him.

If its happening too often then u must stay there n observe what cause that. Or throw into my tank...lol...
I saw it, that fish trying to suck a feeder, then suck too hard, mouth cannot retract back properly, so stuck liao loh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menthod View Post
Since you r able to close it. You should just close it and stop feeding for 2weeks. Juz to let the strained jaw recover before you feed. Hope its help.
Just now came back, saw the jaw still the same, so net it and push it back, it actually not so easy as the bone seem to get stuck and unable to close. So try for a few more second and finally the jaw is retracted back. Now swimming , but can see the mouth is not close properly, look like must not feed any feeder for the next few weeks.
Old 15-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #17
Luc
Senior Dragon

Try throwing in a feeder and let it chase and eat it, maybe during the process, it can be adjusted back.

Gd luck....
Luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #18
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Try feeding smaller pieces of food or smaller feeders.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #19
issacyeo
Endangered Dragon

i think u shld not feed for the time being and let it heal first.
issacyeo is offline   Reply With Quote