Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 01-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #81
magpie
Arofanatic

The most you have to pay 2 red notes for the mosura foods.
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #82
Gexrian

Is there a way to induce moulting for CRS?
Old 12-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #83
cleeon

Exclamation ask

hi all i'm new here and i live in Indonesia, but very interesting after read your articles.

i have question :

1) the optimum amount of TDS value for breeding CRS is ?
2)my aquarium TDS with CRS/BCS, cherry shrimp, also white bee have tds value = 285

now i'm have plan to :
add carbon active and change it every 2 weeks
change water with RO water everyday
stop add any fertilizer to my plant.
maybe i'm also will stop to feeding my aquarium species in next few days

please correct me if i'm wrong, also please share any solution to make my tds down.

thanks before
Old 17-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #84
kiat

Hi guys,

I have a fan that i on 24/7. everyday water is evaporated due to the fan. Is it correct that i top up the water that i aged with mosura shizhen & mineral plus?
Old 20-09-2010, 12:46 AM   #85
iewnuj
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiat View Post
Hi guys,

I have a fan that i on 24/7. everyday water is evaporated due to the fan. Is it correct that i top up the water that i aged with mosura shizhen & mineral plus?
I dont think you should top up with shizhen & mineral plus but if its isn't broken, why fixed it?
iewnuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #86
Navanod
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiat View Post
Hi guys,

If you're topping up with tap water, the ShiZhen is required to remove the chloramine.
However, as water tends to get harder and harder if you just top up without changing water, I would advice against adding anymore mineral plus. Otherwise, you may end up with very hard water, and that'll be bad for shrimp molting.

Best way is still to be hardworking and remove some (25%?) water during one of your top ups at least once a week.
Navanod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #87
kiat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
If you're topping up with tap water, the ShiZhen is required to remove the chloramine.
However, as water tends to get harder and harder if you just top up without changing water, I would advice against adding anymore mineral plus. Otherwise, you may end up with very hard water, and that'll be bad for shrimp molting.

Best way is still to be hardworking and remove some (25%?) water during one of your top ups at least once a week.
I set aside 10L of water with shizhen & mineral plus for my weekly water change. But due to evaporation i top up with it. So do i need to top up the tank? Or wait until my weekly water change?
Old 20-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #88
kiat

In other words, i can top up with water containing shizhen. Just to replace the water that is evaporated. During weekly water change, then i will top using water with shizhen & mineral plus. Am i rite to say that?
Old 27-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #89
davidchi

advise needed. i have been keeping crs for past 3 years. suddenly i found an "alien" crs which is transparent black in my tank. is it a mutated one?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #90
Ningning
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidchi View Post
advise needed. i have been keeping crs for past 3 years. suddenly i found an "alien" crs which is transparent black in my tank. is it a mutated one?
post a pic for us to see?
Ningning is offline   Reply With Quote