Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 08-04-2006, 01:23 AM   #1
silane
Senior Dragon

Default Commerical Denitrator

Hi,

Has anyone use commerical denitrator? Which model is work consistently? and hassle free like bacteria feeding and such, or feeding is alway a must?
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
Tigger

I m using a commercial unit. From Aquamedic which was purchase from HK. Cost is 30-40% cheaper than local LFS.

Recommendation is to feed the deniballs w denimar powders, but I didnt as I believe the bacteria will self cultivate anyway, only thing is it takes longer. It takes abt 4-6 weeks to cultivate the bacteria for my case. If u look ard the major forum in sgp, the more popular model is made by Aquamedic followed by Sulphur base units.

I have a DIY S base model which u can check it out in this forum.

Reef depot is also having a 10% discount on Deltec S base model.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #3
lyz77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
I m using a commercial unit. From Aquamedic which was purchase from HK. Cost is 30-40% cheaper than local LFS.

Recommendation is to feed the deniballs w denimar powders, but I didnt as I believe the bacteria will self cultivate anyway, only thing is it takes longer. It takes abt 4-6 weeks to cultivate the bacteria for my case. If u look ard the major forum in sgp, the more popular model is made by Aquamedic followed by Sulphur base units.

Can tell me which part of hong kong did u get yr denitrator? Thanks!
Old 09-04-2006, 02:43 AM   #4
RedWateR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger

agree, aquamedic denitrator a better unit. without feeding 4 weeks considered very fast liao lo.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:22 PM   #5
sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane
Hi,

Has anyone use commerical denitrator? Which model is work consistently? and hassle free like bacteria feeding and such, or feeding is alway a must?
Hi, I am new to this forum but I have been keeping marine for a few weeks,planning to buy a denitrator. Question is how do I put into a sump tank and how do I draw water from the sump into the denitrator? Do I need an extra pump? I have the intention to buy this. Anywhere I can get it locally in Singapore?
http://www.aqua-medic.de/seawater/en...treductor1000/
Old 09-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #6
cwloo

can try the remote DSB method .. I think it should work much better than a denitrator
Old 09-04-2006, 04:58 PM   #7
lyz77

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon
Hi, I am new to this forum but I have been keeping marine for a few weeks,planning to buy a denitrator. Question is how do I put into a sump tank and how do I draw water from the sump into the denitrator? Do I need an extra pump? I have the intention to buy this. Anywhere I can get it locally in Singapore?
http://www.aqua-medic.de/seawater/en...treductor1000/
U can try Aqua Mart!
Old 09-04-2006, 08:04 PM   #8
sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyz77
U can try Aqua Mart!

Hi, where is AquaMart and how much is it? How do I make water enter this denitrator?
Old 09-04-2006, 09:17 PM   #9
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon
Hi, where is AquaMart and how much is it? How do I make water enter this denitrator?
AquaMart is located at the beginning of Jalan Besar ....

The NR1000 denitrator comes with a dosing pump SP3000 and this pump draws water from the sump to the denitrator, placed externally, and the output of the denitrator goes back to the sump.

Connection hose (black airline tubing) is included in the package too.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:23 AM   #10
sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
AquaMart is located at the beginning of Jalan Besar ....

The NR1000 denitrator comes with a dosing pump SP3000 and this pump draws water from the sump to the denitrator, placed externally, and the output of the denitrator goes back to the sump.

Connection hose (black airline tubing) is included in the package too.
Hi, thanks for the reply. So the denitrator is plug and play? I intend to fix this inside my sump tank but not sure if the denitrator can fit into the cabinet. Do you know the dimension of this denitrator? My sump tank takes up too much space in the cabinet so I won't be able to fix it externally