Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 09-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
noobmiyavi
AFC Member

Default Lighting for 5FT Tank

Hey Bros,

I recently acquired a 4FT arcadia red tanning light submersible for my 5 FT tank. And I observe the following behaviour: Silvers dollars, IT, and Knife all hide once the light is on. (They all hide behind the driftwood). Any idea why is this the case? Once light is off, they instantly come out to swim -.-

My conclusion was maybe they could be too stressed? But I'm not too sure, cannot confirm. Any other recommendations for me to change light or positioning?
noobmiyavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
tropical_fishes
Dragon

Bro,

They just need to get used to it... When I switch on my 3ft light, all my Clown Loaches hide behind DW too! Lolx...!
tropical_fishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
kc9wolf

I've the same problem with my MGBB too. Not as active when the lights are turn off. I think its a matter of time for her to get use to it
kc9wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
vyap

Talking

In nature, only sun light, some spe ies of fish need to get use to artificial light
Old 10-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #5
noobmiyavi
AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical_fishes View Post
Bro,

They just need to get used to it... When I switch on my 3ft light, all my Clown Loaches hide behind DW too! Lolx...!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc9wolf View Post
I've the same problem with my MGBB too. Not as active when the lights are turn off. I think its a matter of time for her to get use to it
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyap View Post
In nature, only sun light, some spe ies of fish need to get use to artificial light
Hi Bros,

Actually this problem has been already on for like 2 months liao. Just that I didnt have time to find a solution, that's why the late posting to get a remedy. I have no idea why they are so scared, anyway i reposition my light on top of the tank instead, perhaps it will be better? But by the looks of it, dun think so.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #6
Vitor
Dragon

For me opp.
My light always on bright. Then for a few night I off lights, my aro splash a lot.
Like shock.

Then I intstall a dim night light. Those 1watt clip on for my 5 ft. After ok Liao. Peaceful
Vitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
noobmiyavi
AFC Member

I got a bit frustrated so I left the light on overnight, now the fishes seem to be getting used to it ^.^