Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 24-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #121
frontosa
Dragon

Agree with ray2828 re the Chinese and Korean products.

Jebao does seem to be improving (at least with the power consumption) but quality is yet to be proven. I am into my 2nd Jebao FM 8000, after the first one konked out after 6-8 mths. If this one also cannot last, I will be switching to other pumps.....at least until I see feedback that Jebao has lowered their "lemon" percentage.

Bro shiokmc - your red dragon seems promising....please keep us updated on the performance
frontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #122
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray2828 View Post
The first generation pumps from jebao, hailei and other consume tons of energy and break down often. After ten years, the latest chinese pumps are as good if not better than European ones. I have been using the chinese pumps for more than 10 years and never bought any other pumps since. Value for money in terms of acquisition and life cycle costs, lower operating cost and increasingly reliability. My current pond uses two unknown chinese centrifugal pumps, two years and still humping along fine. Jebao 10000 used for 14 months also humping along.

Give the chinese some credit remember how in the 80s we use to think Korean products are lousy. Look the hyundai and Samsung, they are industry leaders today. In the technology sector huawei is now leading producer of internet routers and switches. Jebao has the potential to take the aquarium world by storm if its hasn't already done so.
Until today, I have not seen any chinese pumps that are as reliable as the Japanese iwaki pumps.

I have used resun, rio, boyu, jebao of various models. None of which can match iwaki.

I bought my iwaki 2nd hand, used it in marine then later fresh water. Ground up fishes, carbon, coral chips, seachem media. It's still running for the past 8-9 years with me, I don't even know how long did the previous owner use.

Of course iwaki pumps are not cheap but it's not very expensive either.

I paid around 200+ for my 2nd hand md-40. In terms of reliability, the chinese pumps still got long way to go.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #123
Zhuoyuting
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarraCuda™ View Post
Until today, I have not seen any chinese pumps that are as reliable as the Japanese iwaki pumps.

I have used resun, rio, boyu, jebao of various models. None of which can match iwaki.

I bought my iwaki 2nd hand, used it in marine then later fresh water. Ground up fishes, carbon, coral chips, seachem media. It's still running for the past 8-9 years with me, I don't even know how long did the previous owner use.

Of course iwaki pumps are not cheap but it's not very expensive either.

I paid around 200+ for my 2nd hand md-40. In terms of reliability, the chinese pumps still got long way to go.

For iwaki pumps any agent here in Singapore carry them?
I would like to know what range does they have? And the specification of the pump. How high is the wattage consummation?
Zhuoyuting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #124
canopy
Dragon

I only trust ehiem now. All 5 sets running for close to 3 years now. No problem at all. Jebao pump died less than 3 months.
canopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #125
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuoyuting View Post
For iwaki pumps any agent here in Singapore carry them?
I would like to know what range does they have? And the specification of the pump. How high is the wattage consummation?
You can buy from iwaki singapore but they are very very expensive. It's better to buy from HongKong goldfish street.

There are alot of models available as they are industrial pump makers. You can search on the net. Please note that there are standard / high flow / high pressure models. You should want the high flow models.

Old 24-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #126
shiokmc
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontosa View Post

Bro shiokmc - your red dragon seems promising....please keep us updated on the performance
Sure... No problemo

And if this Fails within nx 12mths.....

.....wil juz go back to Eheim ! Hhahhahahahahaaaa
shiokmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #127
Zhuoyuting
Dragon

Guys want to check where got sell a gadget that monitor how many watt of power when you are running your equipment.

I want to monitor.
Old 24-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #128
Zhuoyuting
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarraCuda™ View Post
You can buy from iwaki singapore but they are very very expensive. It's better to buy from HongKong goldfish street.

There are alot of models available as they are industrial pump makers. You can search on the net. Please note that there are standard / high flow / high pressure models. You should want the high flow models.

Just nice i heading to HK.. Iwaki i looking at a 10k per hour flow pump which model you recommend?

Seems like they are all external pumps are you using the submerge type?
Old 25-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #129
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuoyuting View Post
Just nice i heading to HK.. Iwaki i looking at a 10k per hour flow pump which model you recommend?

Seems like they are all external pumps are you using the submerge type?
I'm using MD-40RX, high flow model.

What is yr tank and sump size? Most of the iwaki pumps are external.

You cannot compare the 10k l/hr iwaki with a 10k chinese pump.

I once used a mx-70 (rated around 6500l/hr) and it drained a 3ftx2x1.5 sump in less than 15secs.

I recommend nothing more than MD-55 otherwise it gets too expensive to run.

Last edited by BarraCuda™; 25-06-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 25-06-2013, 12:31 AM   #130
marshy

Senior Moderator

So iwaki basically is not a submerged pump... Other then this point, if using for a 732 tank with 5ft sump and return piping is one pump split to 2 outlets. MD55 series should be ok?

I noticed iwaki is either high flow or high head.
marshy is offline   Reply With Quote