Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 02-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
innovest_11
Dragon

Default Koi dying, flashing, red veins, lying sideway! Pls help

Hi all,

Got a new koi into pond, initially only this is flashing , ichy, on 1st day, then 3rd day, all started to flash, and with red veins on their body, some koi with white layer of stuff on their body, and all kee flashing, 2 bigger koi now lying on their sides, over turned at times

I have added in 0.3% salt yesterday, but today they still seems the same, wat can I do? Or should I just wait somemore? Did 10-20% water change in between.

Check ph is 7, some slight ammonia present, and nitrite also present, that's why I didchange water.

Also did feed about 5 adult prawn cut up into pieces before this disaster happen

What can I do now ? Some of my bigger koi started to over turn , that's watt worry me
innovest_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
uv_ray2003
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovest_11 View Post
Hi all,

Got a new koi into pond, initially only this is flashing , ichy, on 1st day, then 3rd day, all started to flash, and with red veins on their body, some koi with white layer of stuff on their body, and all kee flashing, 2 bigger koi now lying on their sides, over turned at times

I have added in 0.3% salt yesterday, but today they still seems the same, wat can I do? Or should I just wait somemore? Did 10-20% water change in between.

Check ph is 7, some slight ammonia present, and nitrite also present, that's why I didchange water.

Also did feed about 5 adult prawn cut up into pieces before this disaster happen

What can I do now ? Some of my bigger koi started to over turn , that's watt worry me
bro
use S1 medicine it well help
uv_ray2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
noidea
Dragon

Most likely is bacteria attack. If you can get Malachite green, then give it a dose into your pond. Observe the behavior of the koi for a day or two. If still the same, add another dosage.

If you don't like Malachite green, you can also get bio tope.

First, must find out what is the volume of your pond and the dosage per 1 ton.

Or you can call a Koi Farm to come and help you.

Did you mix the bag water into the pond. Then this is a likely cause also and new koi without quarantine also might cause such problem when introduce into the existing pond.

Been there and done that...in the end lost a big Karashi Koi.
noidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
uv_ray2003
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_ray2003 View Post
bro
use S1 medicine it well help
Quote:
Hi all,

bro
where you stay , i have S1 medicine,if you stay i east can drop my place to get it.lasttim e i do have this problem..it help can see the effect in a day.do call me at 97732674.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
bingkla

it is comforting to know there is great help amongst the bros here.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
Wilgan
Dragon

How about Yellow Powder? Should be able to help right? I have S1 too but doesn't find it to be very effective.
Wilgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
uv_ray2003
Arofanatic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilgan View Post
How about Yellow Powder? Should be able to help right? I have S1 too but doesn't find it to be very effective.
hi bro

you have to remove all charcoal and zeolite before u used and add more salt help the koi to recover faster .
i have this problem last month all my koi recover within 2 day.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #8
uv_ray2003
Arofanatic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingkla View Post
it is comforting to know there is great help amongst the bros here.
hi bro
i do receive help from all bros (koi lover),it natural to help those bros have koi problem.after all we are in the same family (koi lover) right?
Old 02-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #9
innovest_11
Dragon

hi bro, thanks for your offer, i just bought the Potassium permanganate from ntuc

I bought the crystal form and take out some gram of it and mix it with water in plastic bag, then i pour it in slowly into my pond

Initially, it is purple, now after about 30 min, it has become clear, non purple, so fast? i thought it takes 2 hours to become clear, or maybe i pour too little PP?? scare that it will kill my koi

So what should i do now? wait 3 to 6 hours then change water?

Now 3 big koi lying bottom, slanting, 4 others listless swimming, fin clam, always rubbing against sides, red veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_ray2003 View Post
hi bro
i do receive help from all bros (koi lover),it natural to help those bros have koi problem.after all we are in the same family (koi lover) right?
innovest_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #10
uv_ray2003
Arofanatic

Quote:
hi bro, thanks for your offer, i just bought the Potassium permanganate from ntuc

I bought the crystal form and take out some gram of it and mix it with water in plastic bag, then i pour it in slowly into my pond

Initially, it is purple, now after about 30 min, it has become clear, non purple, so fast? i thought it takes 2 hours to become clear, or maybe i pour too little PP?? scare that it will kill my koi

So what should i do now? wait 3 to 6 hours then change water?

Now 3 big koi lying bottom, slanting, 4 others listless swimming, fin clam, always rubbing against sides, red veins
bro for my case i off the main filter and increase the air pump .and add salt and s1 medicine can see the koi start to recove after 1day.where you stay,i can pass u the medicine if u want to try.i can understand your feeling to see your love koi sick.