Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 01-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #31
OracleNemesis
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
with ram I think you should not add shrimps...
I have shrimps with betta, tiger barb and neon tetra and they looks fine...
Think I might not go with Rams.... sadly. Any other fish recommendations ? I liked cardinals but I want something different this time. Not the usual Tiger barbs, neons or angel fishes.

I'm sticking with having Fire Red shrimps thou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthh View Post
I think a school of lambchop rasboras will look very nice. They can take our high temperature too, which is an added plus.
They're nice bro but I am thinking about other fishes still. But I'll definitely keep them in mind ! Thank you =)
OracleNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:27 AM   #32
OracleNemesis
Arofanatic

Welcome My First Inhabitants

Old 02-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #33
Royston
Dragon

Truthfully nice effort but I personally do not like the placement of the rocks. Try to look up on the golden ration of placement & depth creation(Amano & many other hobbists did talk alot about these). So it looks more "comfortable" to the eye.

Do spread the moss & tie them up with lesser on the top because overtime they will cluster more on the top of your rocks due to higher light available(that or algue will do the job instead).

Your tank looks small 1ft cube? Can try with boraras species(quite common) & small corydoras like pygmaeus, hastatus etc. Nice badis badis btw

Did you cycle your tank 1st?
Royston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #34
eggegg

Hi bro, may I know what is the name of the red fish n where u buy from? My wife like it. Thanks
eggegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #35
OracleNemesis
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royston View Post
Truthfully nice effort but I personally do not like the placement of the rocks. Try to look up on the golden ration of placement & depth creation(Amano & many other hobbists did talk alot about these). So it looks more "comfortable" to the eye.

Do spread the moss & tie them up with lesser on the top because overtime they will cluster more on the top of your rocks due to higher light available(that or algue will do the job instead).

Your tank looks small 1ft cube? Can try with boraras species(quite common) & small corydoras like pygmaeus, hastatus etc. Nice badis badis btw

Did you cycle your tank 1st?
Thank you for taking time to look out my tank. I will be studying these meanwhile to await for the next scape but I will hang with this in the meantime to see how it grows out. Thank you for the fish introductions, been looking around to see for corys and boraras to hopefully join the community.

My tank is a 50cm cube tank. Hunted these Dario Darios for awhile and am happy to have them finally as part of my aquarium community.

My tank is using old water and running on a previous setup's cannister (the one before tearing down) so the cycling process is instilled prior to fish introduction.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #36
OracleNemesis
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggegg View Post
Hi bro, may I know what is the name of the red fish n where u buy from? My wife like it. Thanks
Hi, it is dario dario, also known as scarlet badis. I bought mine at Qian Hu but I believe C328 might have it now. Do make a call before heading down =)
Old 02-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #37
eggegg

Thanks bro
eggegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #38
burntrubber
Dragon

I think the anubias looks out of place in the tank. It is disproportionate compared with the other plants. More moss or smaller plants would be better.
burntrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #39
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Don't add any sandsifters. Else soon, you will no longer have a slope.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #40
OracleNemesis
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntrubber View Post
I think the anubias looks out of place in the tank. It is disproportionate compared with the other plants. More moss or smaller plants would be better.
Thanks bro for the Suggestiob. What plant would you suggest ? I am looking around for something.

Also reconsidering the middle stone to change to a bogwood/driftwood. hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Don't add any sandsifters. Else soon, you will no longer have a slope.
Sandsifters are loaches ? I am getting fire red shrimps thou. Dont know what else to get