Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 30-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #11
PKB
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohsk View Post
Sounds good bro! hmmm, will keep a look out for any suitable plants/rock that can fit into the theme when I visit LFS soon. Hmmmm.... Or probably I'll just stuff some mosses there....
The sandy area is too thin to plant anything. Tying some moss to rock or just some bare rock and woods to cover that area seems more feasible.

And just my opinion, don't just cover the suction cap, extend your cover plants or rock from the sandy area all the way to the top black substrate area, might look more natural this way.
PKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:51 AM   #12
cherabin
Arofanatic

The hardscape and flora looks decent. However, isn't the bioload very high for an 18" tank? The 2 pairs of caca is such a small volume of water do not sound very feasible too. Just my humble opinion and hope you take no offense
cherabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #13
berlinjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohsk View Post
Thanks for the kind words.

Yes bro, went to glass cutter to custom make the size and then just bought the suction cup holders off the normal LFS. What you can do is ask the glass cutter to also help u silicon it, it will look even neater, as I did not want it to be permanent thus I decided to use the suction cup holders. Doing the job just fine, but just a little unsightly...
learning a idea here= its new to me anyway.