Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 18-07-2007, 03:19 PM   #31
Koji™
Account Disabled

Dun you think it's alittle bit too troublesome when it can be done by doing some filtration cleaning and water changing with added salt if the gill curl was detected early? I cured gill curl problem fishes with this method and some show result as fast as overnight. No medication used infact, no powerhead used too. In some very bad water condition situation, I added a good bag of active carbon in helping with the process.

As most bros here have mentioned and agreed, gill curl is due to bad water management.

Just to share my view.
Old 18-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #32
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATARI"18 View Post
wow,20 years ago..tat a long way run. yup,what u said is true..coz of your method is new in here if i want to buy u lunch oso cannot,i here n u at there..
hehe...i'll take a raincheck... with all that good aros u guys got here, i might just go from there to here!

Old 18-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #33
WATARI"18

will wait,will wait..

Old 18-07-2007, 03:37 PM   #34
Tustar
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
Dun you think it's alittle bit too troublesome when it can be done by doing some filtration cleaning and water changing with added salt if the gill curl was detected early? I cured gill curl problem fishes with this method and some show result as fast as overnight. No medication used infact, no powerhead used too. In some very bad water condition situation, I added a good bag of active carbon in helping with the process.

As most bros here have mentioned and agreed, gill curl is due to bad water management.

Just to share my view.
Treat your water good , water will treat your fish better
Old 18-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #35
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:

Just to share my view.
totally agree with you bro. i dont see the point of rubbing the gill plate of the aro and causing stress to it when there is a perfect and safe way to treat such problem. by rubbing on the gill plate we will also rub off the protective layer of the fish and increasing the chances of it from getting infections.
Old 18-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #36
TROY041004
Senior Dragon

Thank you for sharing! It takes guts (and time too!) for a hobbyist to share such information and experience especially knowing that not all hobbyist will agree. But who cares...most important is you have shared what you think will be someday helpful to fellow hobbyist.

I only wanted to highlight what I really learned from all this solutions and everything (which i first heard from a good friend) .... take good care of your water and your water will take good care of your fish

Have a great day to all!
Old 18-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #37
WATARI"18

Quote:

Just to share my view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tustar View Post
Treat your water good , water will treat your fish better
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROY041004 View Post
Thank you for sharing! It takes guts (and time too!) for a hobbyist to share such information and experience especially knowing that not all hobbyist will agree. But who cares...most important is you have shared what you think will be someday helpful to fellow hobbyist.

I only wanted to highlight what I really learned from all this solutions and everything (which i first heard from a good friend) .... take good care of your water and your water will take good care of your fish

Have a great day to all!
yup,i still believe in this way..gd water managment will prevent aro gills curls n others sickness..

Old 18-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #38
Tustar
Senior Dragon

Quote:
yup,i still believe in this way..gd water managment will prevent aro gills curls n others sickness..
My belief is tat water condition is the root of most problem,
wan 2 keep fish cannot be lazy , wan 2 be lazy v hard to keep fish

thou one can take many alt. measures.

mY 2Cents
Old 18-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #39
WATARI"18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tustar View Post
My belief is tat water condition is the root of most problem,
wan 2 keep fish cannot be lazy , wan 2 be lazy v hard to keep fish (gd rythem)

thou one can take many alt. measures.

mY 2Cents
yup,this is true too..

Old 18-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #40
sunlight

Default Good clean water is best to prevent curl gill

Quote:
yup,this is true too..
Early stage of gill curl can cure easily wt clean water n peat moss, but if too late secondary stage ask massage lady to massage also i dont think can cure just cut & trim easy & fast straight to the point.tks for sharing anyway.