Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 04-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
Koji™
Account Disabled

Default Rays - Bullfrog Diet

How many of the bros here include bf into their ray's diet? I just tried on my rays and only some of them are taking the bf. Can really swallow them and the hump become bigger. Some still trying out and not swallowing the bf.

As the bf are floaters, I did what most endies keeper will do. Freeze the bf and then make them sink to the bottom so that the rays can "capture" them.

Actually these bf are left overs from my arowana feeding. Not the gaint one but the small type of bf of 1 inches plus.
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
Liang_Zai
Senior Dragon

when i feed my aros if the bf swim onto the bottom my rays will hood liao
Liang_Zai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
kirby74

i though ray eat only mp, fillet and torsat only. it eat bf also wow....never seen before
kirby74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liang_Zai View Post
when i feed my aros if the bf swim onto the bottom my rays will hood liao
Ya. Provided the bf dive down. In another case is those very active rays will do chin up and hunt for food near the surface.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
uluaking

got once feed my Aro the BF swim too low .... one of my pdr hood immediately .... and gone in matters of second... that day I scare sia thinking whether can digest or not...
Old 04-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #6
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby74 View Post
i though ray eat only mp, fillet and torsat only. it eat bf also wow....never seen before
I guess basically they will accept anything given to them provided they like the diet. But mine are mainly on sinking pellet diet and occasionally sutchi fillet.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:23 PM   #7
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by uluaking View Post
got once feed my Aro the BF swim too low .... one of my pdr hood immediately .... and gone in matters of second... that day I scare sia thinking whether can digest or not...
I want to try on mine and see if I can super pump them up with this diet. But will try on alternate days first or once every 3 days.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #8
uluaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
I want to try on mine and see if I can super pump them up with this diet. But will try on alternate days first or once every 3 days.
if want to pump.... MP still the best.....frog will have bones and difficult to digest. If cannot digest, ray will perish. Second water must be nice... then ray can grow fast... not entirely on food
Old 05-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #9
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by uluaking View Post
if want to pump.... MP still the best.....frog will have bones and difficult to digest. If cannot digest, ray will perish. Second water must be nice... then ray can grow fast... not entirely on food
I'm just exploring into new diet for my rays. Mine aint very small and the bf used not very big either. And the extra calcium from the bone may be good for the rays.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #10
Shadow7
Senior Dragon

My previous PDR comm do hunt for the BF i threw in for the XB but they were not very big then about 10-11" so can only swallow those 1" ones the bigger BF were shred to pieces and only the flesh eaten leaving the skin behind. I can see they really like the taste of BF flesh then
Shadow7 is offline   Reply With Quote