Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 03-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #331
atom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrava View Post
I am new to this gadget, i have a 65 litre marine tank, would like to add a denitrator to my current setup, any brand and model of denitrator to intro for such a setup?
If you have LR in the tank and a good protein skimmer, the NO3 level should be pretty low. Just get a denitrator that is over-spec by 2 times.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #332
ostrava

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
If you have LR in the tank and a good protein skimmer, the NO3 level should be pretty low. Just get a denitrator that is over-spec by 2 times.
Yeah i have live rock, live sand and a deltec skimmer for my setup, nitrate level around 5 ppm but i wanna make it until untraceable. Hence i thinking whether to get a denitrator. I keep a some sps in my tank hence nitrate is my enemy

Bro what u mean by over spec by 2 times? For instance is it something like if my setup is 60 Liters, i should get a denitrator that can handle more den 120 liters setup?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:02 AM   #333
atom

Quote:
Yeah i have live rock, live sand and a deltec skimmer for my setup, nitrate level around 5 ppm but i wanna make it until untraceable. Hence i thinking whether to get a denitrator. I keep a some sps in my tank hence nitrate is my enemy

Bro what u mean by over spec by 2 times? For instance is it something like if my setup is 60 Liters, i should get a denitrator that can handle more den 120 liters setup?
Wow SPS! Better get a denitrator that has an output to handle at least 1x turnover of the tank per 2 days.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #334
ostrava

Quote:
Wow SPS! Better get a denitrator that has an output to handle at least 1x turnover of the tank per 2 days.
Thanks bro. I looking at this denitrator call deltec nfp 509.

Specifications
- Minimum / maximum suitable tank size: 200 – 1000 ltrs
- Maximum flow rate / hour: 1.5
- Media Volume: 2 ltrs
- Daily food volume: 8 ml (1 bag)

Suitable for my tank base on the spec listed? My tank abt 60 ltrs but its min suitable tank size is 200ltr, unsuitable rite?
Old 04-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #335
atom

Quote:
Thanks bro. I looking at this denitrator call deltec nfp 509.

Specifications
- Minimum / maximum suitable tank size: 200 – 1000 ltrs
- Maximum flow rate / hour: 1.5
- Media Volume: 2 ltrs
- Daily food volume: 8 ml (1 bag)

Suitable for my tank base on the spec listed? My tank abt 60 ltrs but its min suitable tank size is 200ltr, unsuitable rite?
I will only look at the output figure. At 1.5 l/hr, you will get 36 litres of free NO3 water per day. In 2 days, you will get 72 litres. Looks ok but the denitrator is running max output which at might not be possible at times.

Have you consider using sulphur base denitrator? You don't have to provide food daily into the denitrator.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:35 AM   #336
ostrava

Quote:
I will only look at the output figure. At 1.5 l/hr, you will get 36 litres of free NO3 water per day. In 2 days, you will get 72 litres. Looks ok but the denitrator is running max output which at might not be possible at times.

Have you consider using sulphur base denitrator? You don't have to provide food daily into the denitrator.
Thanks for the info. Yeah i have tot of that as well. Now still thinking. I wonder does the daily feeding of the food to the denitrator gg to be expensive?
Old 18-06-2009, 12:41 AM   #337
Bryan
Dragon

Which model of pump recommend for Aqua Medic NR1000
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 12:47 AM   #338
atom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Which model of pump recommend for Aqua Medic NR1000
For standard setup, SP3000 is still the best bet.
Old 18-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #339
Bryan
Dragon

Quote:
For standard setup, SP3000 is still the best bet.
What LFS selling it ????
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #340
Repz

Quote:
There should not be any smell of hydrogen sulphite.

1. Try increase the output flowrate further. If the smell is not there, test the output after 1 day for nitrate n nitrite.

2. If above not successful, time for maintenance.
I can't thank you enough for your help and patience, I did a maintenance clean on my Nitrate filter and removed more than half the deniballs only using about 7-8 pcs. Now there is no foul rotten egg smell.

I think the anaerobic bacteria was booming and was choked up.