Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 16-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
Hugoboss
Arofanatic

OSUKAA TOSAI RANCHU GROW-OUT EVENT 2010
OBJECTIVE
- To promote the Japanese Ranchu hobby
- To share grooming and improvement skills
- To foster friendship among Ranchu hobbyists

Venue : To be decided (Depending on total number of entries)

Date of event:
1 Aug 2010 – Entry Registration (on site photo session)
15 & 29 Aug – Photo submission of progress (email)
12 Sep 2010 – Judging (on site assessment)
Bench in : 0830-1000hrs
Bench out : 1700hrs / after prize presentation which ever is earlier.

All ranchus are welcome to participate. .

The Ranchu must not exceed 10 or 11cm on 1 August

Registration form and Entry fees to be submitted/paid by 30 July to organisers.

Entry Fee: SGD 25.00 per ranchu

TOSAI GROW-OUT FORMAT

All participants are to bring down their ranchus to Osukaa Ranchu farm
for photo taking and registration on 1st August 2010 at 10 am.

All pictures taken by organizers on 1st August 2010 will be posted at Arofanatics Goldfish Forum, Rafflesgold Forum and Fynnmood Forum.

All subsequent updated pictures submitted by participants will be kept strictly ONLY with organizers for any event purposes.

Participants are to update with photos of their ranchu on the 15 and 29 Aug
with registration number clearly indicated and email it to daryl.wee@gmail.com

There shall be no restriction to the ranchu for the Grow-out Event and can be purchased from any goldfish farm

Each entry will consist of 1 ranchu under one registration number and at a fee of SGD 25.00

On the 12 Sep by 10 am, participants are to bring their participating Ranchus to venue
for judging. Each Ranchu will be displayed in individual basin.

After judging, a group discussion session with the judges will be held if they are available.

JUDGING CRITERIA
Judging reference to Nichiran :
- Development of the funtan
- Development of the tail
- Development of the body
- Development of size bench mark to 13 cm
- Swimming stability and grace

*Judges to be decided at a later date

PRIZES
1st (East Ozeki) Trophy
2nd (West Ozeki) Trophy
3rd (Tategyoji) Trophy
4th (East Torishimari) Trophy
5th (West Torishimari) Trophy
6th-10th Certificates to be awarded

*Top 10 winning ranchus will also gain free entry to the Mid Autumn TVR Competition.(subjected to total entries and to be announce by 4th August 2010

Rules and Regulations

1. All fish must be brought to the competition venue for bench in, late bench in is not accpetable. During
bench in organizer reserves the right to reject any fish that is sick or injured

2. Each entry will be provided with a basin,aeration for all entries. All special request have to be indicated in
advance via applications form subjected to organizer's approval.

3. In the event that the competition shortened or extended due to any cause whatsoever beyond the control of
the organizer, the organizer shall not be held responsible for any loss sustained by the participant directly or
indirectly.

4. Applicants must submit duly completed and signed Entry Forms. Entry Forms with incomplete and/or
incorrect information may be rejected.

5. All participants are advice to fast their fish 2-4 days prior to the bench in to prevent any complications to
their fish; Fish will not be fed throughout the event and participants are not allowed to feed their fish during
the event.

6. The acceptance of entries is subject to full payment of the Entry Fees stipulated in the Entry Forms.

7. Entry Forms may be submitted to the Organizer, by post at ATTN: OSUKAA GOLDFISH FARM. 32,
Jalan Merdu(548666) Entry Forms must reach the Organizer by 30th July 2010 (Closing Date). Entry forms
received by the Organizer after the Closing Date will NOT be entertained.

8. The acceptance of entries will be subject to availability of space. Applicants will be advised of their entry
status within 2 (two) weeks of the Closing Date.

9. Entry Fees paid on confirmed entries are non-refundable not withstanding subsequent withdrawal by the
participant and/or disqualification of the entry through the participant’s own default.

10. Fish that have been benched in for competition may not be removed from their display basin without the
Organizer’s prior written consent, until the stipulated benching-out time on the last day of the show.

11. The judges' decisions are final and no complaints or disputes will be entertained.

12. Whilst the Organizer will take best efforts to ensure the health and well-being of all participating fish for
the duration of the competition, it disclaims liability for any loss, mortality, injury, sickness and/or any form
of harm whatsoever to participating fish.

13. Competing fish must be brought to the proposed venue on 12th September 2010 between 9am to 10am.

Entry Forms can be downloaded below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fwosukaatosairanchugrowoutcomp2010.zip (40.9 KB, 178 views)

Last edited by TVR; 21-07-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Hugoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
Hugoboss
Arofanatic

Hello all,

Please do note that judging will emphasize on improvement of ranchu made during that period of time which to say the most beautiful ranchu might not win.

Last edited by Hugoboss; 16-07-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 16-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
Hugoboss
Arofanatic

***Since this is Osukaa's Event and for all the massive support i've got from Arofanatics, Rafflesgold, Ozeki and Fynnmood it is an obligation for me to make this event a successful one in every single way hence i will openly share with participants all of my ranchu knowledge i've gained over the years on photo taking session(1st August 2010). Participants who are interested to listen or entertain me sharing must importantly come with an open mind. Cheers to all!!!

Last edited by Hugoboss; 16-07-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 21-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
Hugoboss
Arofanatic

Dear all,

Alternatively, payments for registering grow-out event can be made through bank transfer or be made at Osukaa Goldfish Farm by 30th July 2010 together with entry form.

Bank Name: OCBC BANK
Bank account number: 588-054-882-001

*for bank transfer, please inform us once transfer have been done. Receipts MUST be kept for verification purposes if needed.

Thanks you.
Old 23-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
goldrush

Let me join in the fun to perk up some awareness by this videographic presentation of the upcoming event

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Time is not on my side to join in the fun in this inaugural event cos I'm still not a TVR keeper but I can still make my modest contibution

doc
Old 02-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #6
Hugoboss
Arofanatic

Dear All,

Please kindly note that the venue of the grow-out event will be held at OSUKAA GOLDFISH FARM (19, SELETAR WEST FARMWAY 1) on 12th Sepetember 2010. All participants, a gentle reminder to update your participating ranchu pictures on 15th and 29th August 2010 and email me at daryl.wee@gmail.com

Looking at the quality of ranchus on display, it simply amazes me so LET THE EVENT BEGIN..........

Last edited by Hugoboss; 02-08-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:12 AM   #7
Hugoboss
Arofanatic

Old 02-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #8
Hugoboss
Arofanatic

Old 03-08-2010, 03:29 AM   #9
Hugoboss
Arofanatic