Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 08-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #21
slypower50
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD3S View Post
Thanks. Yes I agree, I'd like them more if they had a more erect tail.
no problem bro.. just posting on what i see.. however, i love the first one very much.. nice body posture and bulk.. ya.. erected is the right word.. any picture of the parents?
slypower50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #22
FD3S
Dragon

this is the father when it was a little younger, now not so good condition.

No pic of the mother, but it's just another ordinary thai oranda.

Last edited by FD3S; 08-03-2010 at 10:55 PM.
FD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #23
Koji™
Account Disabled

Very nice very nice
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #24
dragonhart
Dragon

good job on raising them...if u hand spawn , u will have a lot more fries to choose from....fertilization is almost 100%

btw do u put a light to grow algae for them to eat.....u raise them indoor?
dragonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #25
FD3S
Dragon

they are handspawned, depending on the parent used, fertilisation rate is very high, but I don't collect many eggs. I handspawn one basin sparsely then i put them back into their tank. I think you know too how much work it is to raise a few hundreds/thousands of them. Haha...

They are partially outdoor, so they do get a bit of algae. Bro you think I should work on their colors too, now?

Pls advise.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #26
dragonhart
Dragon

color is the last thing i am worried about...put light, algae comes, clean water, good food, color will come naturally...

these are very good size for 2 months+ fries!

can share what u feed them with at different stages...? days old fries, 1 cm, 2 cm, feed what pellets. ...thanks.

ya..very hard work man...cull till my eyes blur...WC till backache.....last spawn was maybe just 200 fries...

Quote:
they are handspawned, depending on the parent used, fertilisation rate is very high, but I don't collect many eggs. I handspawn one basin sparsely then i put them back into their tank. I think you know too how much work it is to raise a few hundreds/thousands of them. Haha...

They are partially outdoor, so they do get a bit of algae. Bro you think I should work on their colors too, now?

Pls advise.

Last edited by dragonhart; 09-03-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #27
FD3S
Dragon

LOL. The pains that precede the joy of raising our own goldfish. I like 300 fries or so, but depends on the parents and luck. Any more than that is very tough, as I found out recently.

I've not used pellets much until 3 weeks ago, or unless I can't find live food. For this spawn they were on daphnia for approx 2 weeks, then switch to tubifex/fbw. The auntie at JK4 has some cheap fine pellets, on and off I feed some of that too.

What about your fries' diet?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #28
dragonhart
Dragon

live daphnia for a few weeks..then tubifex then tubifix + micro pellets in the afternoon.(got to work ma)+ tubifex ....

on hindside, tubifex should be replaced with FBW...risk of disease is high.....problems will surface when water conditions not good and fish stressed...but i find FBW pollutes the water more...so WC WC WC...

1 more thing to take note: choose the potential ones(fast growers as well as good shape and fins) and raise separately.

Quote:
LOL. The pains that precede the joy of raising our own goldfish. I like 300 fries or so, but depends on the parents and luck. Any more than that is very tough, as I found out recently.

I've not used pellets much until 3 weeks ago, or unless I can't find live food. For this spawn they were on daphnia for approx 2 weeks, then switch to tubifex/fbw. The auntie at JK4 has some cheap fine pellets, on and off I feed some of that too.

What about your fries' diet?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #29
Chinmo
Senior Dragon

cool! learn afew tips here
Chinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #30
Chinmo
Senior Dragon

well done guys!
Chinmo is offline   Reply With Quote