Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 08-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #31
hiighpriestess

Is that also a canister filter?

Is it also good, but lower flowrate?

Thank you

Edit:

Also, I was wondering- my tank water has a tinge of greenish-yellow (but is still clear) and is frustrating me.
Do you think this is due to the inefficiency of my filter?

I read that a UV filter would solve this problem; but since I'm getting a canister filter, will there be other ways to fix this apart from a 100% water change?

Thanks!

Last edited by hiighpriestess; 08-10-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:39 PM   #32
ranmaru1987
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiighpriestess View Post
Is that also a canister filter?

Is it also good, but lower flowrate?

Thank you

Edit:

Also, I was wondering- my tank water has a tinge of greenish-yellow (but is still clear) and is frustrating me.
Do you think this is due to the inefficiency of my filter?

I read that a UV filter would solve this problem; but since I'm getting a canister filter, will there be other ways to fix this apart from a 100% water change?

Thanks!
Yup.. Its a very good small cannister.. Flowrate is 300L/hr.. I think the colour is from the tannin in your driftwood.. I think u nv soak before putting in ur tank right? No need uv filter la.. also no need 100percent water change.. Slowly slowly will become less de.. But if u want 100 percent water change also can.. Make sure u add anti chlorine.. Btw.. The jbl biotopol also will turn ur water abit yellow de..
ranmaru1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #33
hiighpriestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmaru1987 View Post
Yup.. Its a very good small cannister.. Flowrate is 300L/hr.. I think the colour is from the tannin in your driftwood.. I think u nv soak before putting in ur tank right? No need uv filter la.. also no need 100percent water change.. Slowly slowly will become less de.. But if u want 100 percent water change also can.. Make sure u add anti chlorine.. Btw.. The jbl biotopol also will turn ur water abit yellow de..
Ah, no I didn't soak it, the uncle at the shop sais that it is "clean" already and doesn't need to be soaked, so I just rinsed it a few times..

The discoloured tank water is irritating me, because my cray recently moulted, and is supposed to be light blue with white markings, and now his shell is turning a bit greenish from absorbing the stuff in the water, somehow..

Any way to remedy this other than full water change? I don't want to stress my cray.. Do they sell some sort of "water discolourant" at LFS? Are they effective and safe?

Thank you very much for all your help!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:07 AM   #34
ranmaru1987
Dragon

Quote:
Ah, no I didn't soak it, the uncle at the shop sais that it is "clean" already and doesn't need to be soaked, so I just rinsed it a few times..

The discoloured tank water is irritating me, because my cray recently moulted, and is supposed to be light blue with white markings, and now his shell is turning a bit greenish from absorbing the stuff in the water, somehow..

Any way to remedy this other than full water change? I don't want to stress my cray.. Do they sell some sort of "water discolourant" at LFS? Are they effective and safe?

Thank you very much for all your help!
lol.. must soak de.. best is soak in hot water.. if can soak 2 weeks.. lol.. best is dun use chemical.. if u duwan stress ur cray den just slowly do ur routine wc lor.. slowly the colour will become less and less de ma.. keep us updated..
Old 09-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #35
hiighpriestess

Hi,

Do water discolourants sold in LFS work?
Are they safe & effective?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2009, 12:33 AM   #36
ranmaru1987
Dragon

Quote:
Hi,

Do water discolourants sold in LFS work?
Are they safe & effective?

Thanks
this one i'm not sure.. nv tried b4..
Old 09-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #37
hiighpriestess

Talking

Thanks for all your clarification, I'll probably go with the eheim 2211 since it's said to be more reliable.. Roughly how much will it cost at C328?

And almost all my moss is gone, and my nana plant is all torn up thanks to my hungry little fella , any recommendations as to what plants are more fast-growing but still aesthetically pleasing- won't look so obvious if it's gardened?

I saw this really nice plant-mat with small plants on it at C328, not too sure what's the name of the plant, though.. Was thinking of getting it, but wasn't sure how it'd look after being chewed on.. :P

Thanks for all your help!
Old 14-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #38
bUrPz
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Thanks for all your clarification, I'll probably go with the eheim 2211 since it's said to be more reliable.. Roughly how much will it cost at C328?

And almost all my moss is gone, and my nana plant is all torn up thanks to my hungry little fella , any recommendations as to what plants are more fast-growing but still aesthetically pleasing- won't look so obvious if it's gardened?

I saw this really nice plant-mat with small plants on it at C328, not too sure what's the name of the plant, though.. Was thinking of getting it, but wasn't sure how it'd look after being chewed on.. :P

Thanks for all your help!
I normally just put a moss ball for my pair to play with... other plants that i try get destroyed... they even try whacking my plastic plants...

btw, anyone seen any procambarus sp aka marbled crayfish around? returned to office to find mine gone... was on long leave... my colleagues took out her molted shell (put it back after an hour or so)... she died after 3 days...
bUrPz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #39
weixiong80

oh dear.......
went to Y618 and Y934 last week and did not find any marbled bro.

bought a pair of dwarf CPO though they looked rather brown to me and kept them in a 2nd tank that i got. juz only a clear tank with water from the matured tank plus additional tap water after i added in anti-chlorine and anti-chloramine. first time i kept them i did not take note of the water condition and they died very fast. this time round i taken more care. after i intro them to their new home, the tank now looked bare with nothing except for a small air stone. last sunday i added in endlers and i think the endlers were so active that they scared the pair abit but one of them still can moult without being eaten up.
now intending so beautify the tank using only mosses. right now i got taiwan moss and im thinking of java moss.
i wanted to make a moss-wall for the base but i scared the CPOs will squeeze their way into any opening they find and kana trap inside. any good ideas to make a moss flooring??? im also afraid that the suction cups might suddenly pop up and the whole thing will be floating.......
Old 14-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #40
hiighpriestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUrPz View Post
I normally just put a moss ball for my pair to play with... other plants that i try get destroyed... they even try whacking my plastic plants...

btw, anyone seen any procambarus sp aka marbled crayfish around? returned to office to find mine gone... was on long leave... my colleagues took out her molted shell (put it back after an hour or so)... she died after 3 days... :
I bought a moss ball to put in my tank too- they don't seem to like chewing on it, maybe it's too big.. Haha

Sorry to hear about your cray

I'm a little confused though, why would it die if you take out the moulted shell?