Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 10-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #51
numbskull
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraVen View Post
i just checked mosura's web, and it seems like only their normal feed will aide in moulting. is it true? it seems like my cherries are having problem moulting, thats why i wanna find out which products can actually help. are frozen bloodworms a good calcium source as well?
not quite sure abt bloodworms but 1 thing i know is meaty food is not good for shrimps and shorten their lifespan and bloodworm will sink your water easily.

Get Mosura products and it helps a lot. My shrimps have no problem moulting after i got my Mosura Speciality food and Mosura Mineral Plus. Now i am a Mosura supporter.
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #52
DraVen

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
not quite sure abt bloodworms but 1 thing i know is meaty food is not good for shrimps and shorten their lifespan and bloodworm will sink your water easily.

Get Mosura products and it helps a lot. My shrimps have no problem moulting after i got my Mosura Speciality food and Mosura Mineral Plus. Now i am a Mosura supporter.
thanx~ guess i'll make a trip down to pet mart to get myself a bottle of specialty food for my cherries. can't bear to see my cherries suffer. anyway thanx numbskull~
Old 10-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #53
tanhann
Dragon

Quote:
thanx~ guess i'll make a trip down to pet mart to get myself a bottle of specialty food for my cherries. can't bear to see my cherries suffer. anyway thanx numbskull~
You can get the package form, specialty food with mineral plus. So far have not seen specialty food selling separately. One stone kills two birds.
tanhann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #54
numbskull
Arofanatic

Quote:
no problem glad to be able to help. yeah petmart selling speciality food with mineral plus in 2 packet. Worth the value.
Old 13-04-2009, 04:27 AM   #55
Mittsu
Arofanatic

Hi bro highlander can you kindly PM me the cost for the chiller. Thanks in advance
Mittsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #56
highlander_den

Yday evening, I managed to identify the running time and the idling time. I set the temperature at around 23.8 degree C (estimate) and the following observation was identify.

1) The chiller run for around 50 mins for the temp to hit around 24 degree C (readings from non-digital therometer).

2) It then rest for around 30 mins as the temp rise from 24 to around 25.5 degree C.

3) Once temp reach around 25.5 degree C, the chiller start running around. Repeat step 1 above.

The chiller is set on strong cool, 180W +-5 degree C (from the spec).

I hope the above observation will be of help to bros/sis out there looking at this chiller.

Cycle Process

So far I had dosed Mosura Bioplus last week. Everything looking in good shape. Hope it will be on track. Next event will be 70% water change on coming saturday.
Old 13-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #57
numbskull
Arofanatic

50 mins of chilling time?? thats long, but this is not a compressor unit so cannot compare to a normal chiller.

Maybe after ur utility bills arrived we will know how much its gonna cost and then u can advise us whether is it worthwhile to invest on this chiller.

But at least it serves the purpose to chill your tank to the desire temperature.
Old 13-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #58
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
50 mins of chilling time?? thats long, but this is not a compressor unit so cannot compare to a normal chiller.

Maybe after ur utility bills arrived we will know how much its gonna cost and then u can advise us whether is it worthwhile to invest on this chiller.

But at least it serves the purpose to chill your tank to the desire temperature.
Don't scare him with the bill lah....
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #59
LostBoI
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
Don't scare him with the bill lah....
crs not cheap stuff worth to invest abit more la...but nowadays weather really crazy..dun say shrimps cannot tahan i also cannot tahan sial
LostBoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 11:08 PM   #60
Wjustin

lol
nice work dude
keep it going
would love to see your bills like ~.~
i doubt i am the only one waiting
no offence bro
and btw welcome to the poision!