Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 05-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #141
ameyaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocs0809 View Post
Thnx for the condolence... bro

This morning I just bought 3 crays (1 zebra and 2 red). They are now walking peacefully and happily in my 1.5" tank. Hope that nothing go wrong during this coming weekend. The zebra is so strong that he overturn my drift wood... cause my tank become very cloudy.

But i realised that they don't like my dries food. It is the leftover by my CRS that i use to keep. Or maybe I just fed a few time, as they hungry they will eat it... Any advice? Thnx
They don't realise that it is food. Will take awhile for them to realise it.
I'll advise you to try tomorrow or later at night again.. Should work by then.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #142
ocs0809

Hi bro

All the fish shop I went, I saw them putting their crayfish in the tank with just a bit of water and a few drift wood. But I now I am keeping them with lot of water.. it is okay?
Old 05-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #143
madnugget

Quote:

This morning I just bought 3 crays (1 zebra and 2 red). They are now walking peacefully and happily in my 1.5" tank. Hope that nothing go wrong during this coming weekend. The zebra is so strong that he overturn my drift wood... cause my tank become very cloudy.

But i realised that they don't like my dries food. It is the leftover by my CRS that i use to keep. Or maybe I just fed a few time, as they hungry they will eat it... Any advice? Thnx
Bro may I know where u got your crays?? Thx
Old 05-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #144
madnugget

Quote:
Hi bro

All the fish shop I went, I saw them putting their crayfish in the tank with just a bit of water and a few drift wood. I now keeping my crayfish with lot of water.. it is okay?
Care to share which shops?? I asked one of the fish shop I frequent and he says there's 2 ways in keeping it.. With lots of water n water just above their head. For full with water, it's impt that u have oxygen in it otherwise it will "drown"
Old 05-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #145
ocs0809

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnugget View Post
Bro may I know where u got your crays?? Thx
Y618... they got a lot of varies of crays.. While I am choosing the sex, I spot one zebra with many baby crays under her belly.. I quickly inform the shop uncle. He separate this cray from others..

They also got CPO dwarf... I think of buying a few keep it in my 3"x3" plant tank..

Last edited by ocs0809; 05-03-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #146
ameyaiba

Quote:
Hi bro

All the fish shop I went, I saw them putting their crayfish in the tank with just a bit of water and a few drift wood. But I now I am keeping them with lot of water.. it is okay?
I breakdown the info for you.

Low water is to keep them moist so they won't dry and die and at the same time take oxygen from the air directly. This also minimize escape (cheapest way but not best for crayfish)

For full water, you must have a airpump in general or a wide surface area for air to exchange fast enough to have enough oxygen in the water for the crayfish. (best for crayfish) But note, high levels of water also means you crayfish can swim up and climb out of your tank through the tube for air pump.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #147
ocs0809

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnugget View Post
Care to share which shops?? I asked one of the fish shop I frequent and he says there's 2 ways in keeping it.. With lots of water n water just above their head. For full with water, it's impt that u have oxygen in it otherwise it will "drown"
But what are the sign showing that they don't have enough oxygen? Is it like a fish when they start to move upward... Because mine they are trying to climb upward.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #148
nolife89

Quote:
But what are the sign showing that they don't have enough oxygen? Is it like a fish when they start to move upward... Because mine they are trying to climb upward.
move upward can mean 2 things: might be not enough air trying to reach surface area where got more oxygen circulating

but more commonly because cray like to explore climb here and there and try to escape. they are gd at that.. so make sure got protective cover..

for me my tank water is about 18cm deep and i just use a small filter is enough to aerate the water..
Old 05-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #149
nolife89

Quote:

u shld try hikari crab pellet from them? they seem to like it...
Old 05-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #150
ocs0809

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolife89 View Post
move upward can mean 2 things: might be not enough air trying to reach surface area where got more oxygen circulating

but more commonly because cray like to explore climb here and there and try to escape. they are gd at that.. so make sure got protective cover..

for me my tank water is about 18cm deep and i just use a small filter is enough to aerate the water..
Thnx bro nolife89

I think it is more likely case 1.. Coz after i put in the air stone and pump air in, my 3 crays start to settle down. They are not that restless anymore.

Any other qns.. Will different types of cray mate?