Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2007, 02:16 AM   #31
Matt1980

Hey TailgatePro, yours looks more like S+ to me leh... or is it just the way the pic was taken?

Mine is a S grade, bought from you know who.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CRS closeup.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	187840  

Old 16-05-2007, 02:40 AM   #32
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1980 View Post
hehe... that looks like Cherry Shrimp... Maybe you can start a thread sharing how you upkeep and breed from a Grade D to what you have today, SSS.
hmmm... it is rather impossible to breed from D to SSS within 3 years by line breeding. Understand from some hobbyists from German, they managed to get S (4 banded and some small tiger tooth) from C with 2 to 3 years of line breeding.

What I did was and doing is to constantly bring in much higher grade from Japan famous breeders to improve the genes. And thru careful selection of known lineage to achieve SSS and hopefully beyond.
Old 16-05-2007, 02:55 AM   #33
Matt1980

I see ... that's interesting

Old 16-05-2007, 06:31 AM   #34
letdoit

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
hmmm... it is rather impossible to breed from D to SSS within 3 years by line breeding. Understand from some hobbyists from German, they managed to get S (4 banded and some small tiger tooth) from C with 2 to 3 years of line breeding.

What I did was and doing is to constantly bring in much higher grade from Japan famous breeders to improve the genes. And thru careful selection of known lineage to achieve SSS and hopefully beyond.
hi, you bought from Japan, U make order or u went to japan? How there do packeting to ship from JP to SG?

Old 16-05-2007, 11:51 AM   #35
isaacgoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgatePro View Post
bought this from Silane that time is grade A, but i choose near to S. Now become old shrimp, dying soon? My 2nd best CRS, best still hiding.
Wow, this is not A grade lah. This has "bao tou"(cover head) which is a trait of high grade shrimp. Furthermore, white nose and white tail. This will surely bring up the grades in your tank.

I did the same thing, which I bought from Silane higher grade from time to time. It's a slow process thru occasional selection but then I get to see my grades improving from time to time. The thing is, i didn't notice the improvement but I sold some to friends and they say very nice. Getting new traits into your breeding gene pool can improve overall quality.

Old 16-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #36
PLee

yeah the CRs in the pic is definitely not a A grade. ALready is better than some other Hinos.

Old 16-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #37
Aroboy II
AFC Member

All very nice CRs.
Old 17-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #38
goldfish&koi
Dragon

jus to share

Last edited by goldfish&koi; 15-12-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Old 18-05-2007, 10:30 AM   #39
kenpier

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacgoh View Post
Wow, this is not A grade lah. This has "bao tou"(cover head) which is a trait of high grade shrimp. Furthermore, white nose and white tail. This will surely bring up the grades in your tank.

I did the same thing, which I bought from Silane higher grade from time to time. It's a slow process thru occasional selection but then I get to see my grades improving from time to time. The thing is, i didn't notice the improvement but I sold some to friends and they say very nice. Getting new traits into your breeding gene pool can improve overall quality.
LOL... according to the owner i saw at one of the post with this pic is added with additives to bring out the color... then die in the end due to over dose isn't it the one?

Old 18-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #40
isaacgoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpier View Post
LOL... according to the owner i saw at one of the post with this pic is added with additives to bring out the color... then die in the end due to over dose isn't it the one?
As I understand you have mistaken. This piece is still alive. There's no addictives that can help your crs grow traits like white nose, bao tou, white tail etc if your shrimp does not already have these. Look at post #30, it reamins the second best in Tailgatepro tank now.

Closed Thread