Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 06-10-2005, 12:57 PM   #61
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman
But how is the electrical consumption,bro

Regards
During the peaK it show 4.8amp.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:44 PM   #62
sherman

Don,t know my Resun 650 at peak consume how much current

Regards
Old 09-11-2006, 11:02 AM   #63
kevanyap

Default Need Advice

I have this 1/4 Hailea chiller, it does not start automatically when the water tempreature reach above setting temperature.

The compressor only kick in when i first do the required tempreture setting. After it reaches the determinated temp the refrigeration compressor stop working and never start again when the temp goes up.

I have notice sometimes it will cut off the entire canister flow completely. But when I off the chiller the flow will return.

I do not know if this is due to my 2 by 2 feet tank as the chiller is 1/4 Hp.
Or could it be my cannister flow rate not strong enough as I am using the for 2feet flow rate? But the flow seems strong.

I got this used set from a bro and this set was told with good condition without defect.
i bet if i contact him again he will deny its faulty. So thinking of senting to any repair shop or agent in Singapore whereby can fix it.
Any bro know where I can sent to?
Appreciate your help.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:52 PM   #64
blackBRUSHalgae

I assumed that it is the Hailea HC-300A. That chiller has a min flow rate stated at 1000L/H, thus if you have set the chiller to cool your tank to 26 degree, with a flowrate of 1000l or lesser, the internal capacity of the chiller could have already reach 26 degree (due to slow flow rate) and thus the thermostat inside would tell the chiller to stop but while in actual fact, your tank temp is still at 27 or 28 degree. It would also means that it will cause your chiller to kick on/off more often that necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevanyap View Post
I have this 1/4 Hailea chiller, it does not start automatically when the water tempreature reach above setting temperature.

The compressor only kick in when i first do the required tempreture setting. After it reaches the determinated temp the refrigeration compressor stop working and never start again when the temp goes up.

I have notice sometimes it will cut off the entire canister flow completely. But when I off the chiller the flow will return.

I do not know if this is due to my 2 by 2 feet tank as the chiller is 1/4 Hp.
Or could it be my cannister flow rate not strong enough as I am using the for 2feet flow rate? But the flow seems strong.

I got this used set from a bro and this set was told with good condition without defect.
i bet if i contact him again he will deny its faulty. So thinking of senting to any repair shop or agent in Singapore whereby can fix it.
Any bro know where I can sent to?
Appreciate your help.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #65
kevanyap

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackBRUSHalgae View Post
I assumed that it is the Hailea HC-300A. That chiller has a min flow rate stated at 1000L/H, thus if you have set the chiller to cool your tank to 26 degree, with a flowrate of 1000l or lesser, the internal capacity of the chiller could have already reach 26 degree (due to slow flow rate) and thus the thermostat inside would tell the chiller to stop but while in actual fact, your tank temp is still at 27 or 28 degree. It would also means that it will cause your chiller to kick on/off more often that necessary.
Bro thank you for the advice.
So you are saying its probably the flow rate not sufficient enough drive the chiller. I need to test out with a higher capacity canister and see how isit.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #66
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Looks like the thermostat is faulty. However, I do not understand why the chiller would restrict the water flow when its on?
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:33 AM   #67
Kenji80

Maybe you can check whether the hoses to and out of the chiller is being bent, because I encounter the problem of chilller kicking in very frequently when not enough water enters the chiller.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:12 AM   #68
kevanyap

I tested with a higher flowrate canister fr my other tank. everythings is working fine but its too strong for my 2feet tank.
Something new learnt.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:16 AM   #69
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevanyap View Post
I tested with a higher flowrate canister fr my other tank. everythings is working fine but its too strong for my 2feet tank.
Something new learnt.
You may want to read more below
How to maximise chiller efficiency
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote