Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 20-05-2005, 12:35 PM   #61
BloodLine

Relax lah David.Maybe bro Lover can do some explanations to diffuse all the confusion...i am curious too.If David & Samuel are bringing in the Kashino bbr,why are you still bringing in some more?Is it for your own collections or for sales?
All along i thought you and David are the planners but it seems to me now that this thing was not actually sat down and planned by you and David.

Hmm...Confusion...confusion.
Old 20-05-2005, 12:43 PM   #62
#CL#

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR
I still can't figure out why you've suggested me to be the Indian Chief if you already have the intentions in bringing in the fishes???http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=59
I DO NOT WANT any misunderstanding by anyone, bcoz I feel that you're ALWAYS posting as thou you and me have been sitting down discussing or planning the purchase!
I've been trying to be very polite http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=79 but it doesn't seems that you've understand my point!
When you tell everyone,http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=75 Have you ever spare a thought, are those beautiful bbr sure the quality we'll be getting?
When you say http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=40, do you mean 1 fish out of 3 buyer's purchase alive is ok?
This time I insist that you answer my questions.

Thanks,
David Hou
I agree with Bloodline, Relac bro!

I've been following this thread with interest, and if I am not wrong, RL was prepared to take up the slack if you didn't make 20. Now that you made 20, he ended up without any.... So he's arranging for another order? So not too surprising?

On his other post about 1 out of 5 not surviving, that's still an acceptable %. I don't think he meant just 1 out of 3 surviving.

RL - Do correct if I did not read the posts correctly.
Old 20-05-2005, 01:00 PM   #63
ranchu8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pykoh
BTW, just curious who zapped my rep. point for posting #55??? I dun really care for the rep. point but I'm very puzzled for zapping me for a "neutral" statement that I have made in #55. Anything wrong with what I say there?
Certainly nothing wrong. This zapping system is childish in my view unless a zapper is obliged to disclose his identity and the reasons for zapping. It is clear that Pykoh did not mean that he intentionally killed his ranchu. Why not the zapper come out and give his reasons for zapping? The zapper may well zap me for this post and keep quiet
Old 20-05-2005, 01:09 PM   #64
ranchu8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pykoh
Nope. Mine died a few months later. Death more like caused by me.
If this is the case, as is usual in our ranchu dying on us from time to time, there wasn't this huge risk for those who last brought their bbrs in.

For those who were involved in the last batch of bbrs brought in, i believe the info on the foll queries will enlighten us the situation. How many bbrs were brought in? Their age, length and whether they were still technically bbrs? (if 2 inches 2 or 3 months old, my view is that they were not bbrs) How many died during flight in, during quarantine? How many surviving right now is not really relevant, in my view. Most importantly, it is for the intended buyers to decide for themselves whether they are prepared to accept the risk? (I've mentioned that i am.) As for the bbrs intended to be brought in, what is their approx age and length?

(edited) ps also, how many bbrs in how many hands when first brought in? how many bbrs in how many hands died soon after quarantine?

Last edited by ranchu8; 20-05-2005 at 01:36 PM.
Old 20-05-2005, 01:12 PM   #65
chleong
Dragon

Hi Bros n Sis,
In regards to BBR, my casualty count.
Bought: 8 pcs
End result after one month: All dead.
Causes: Kingfisher took four and CH Leong took four.

To deal with live stock, there will always be an element of mortality rate. I can say that not even experienced LFS can avoid it. There is a clear distinction for the level of risk between BBR and Tosai. Both categories will carry a certain level of mortality rate with one higher than the other. Therefore, may be a few questions before we engage ourselves to the purchase of any BBR should be raised.

1) What is the rate of the BBR survival in your care?
2) As BBR are only month old fries should they be staved? (As the suggested feeding frequency is every 2 hourly.)
3) Do you have the time to take care of BBR?
4) What water parameters, filtration, food type, WC method and frequency, etc that you have understood to handle them?
5) How many BBR are you willing to lose till one survive?
6) Are you ready to lose the money and the fish?

I like the spirit of all bros to bring in BBR, one agreed to help carry, one agreed to sort, one agreed to be chief and the rest agreed to support. (So, if I need money I hope such spirit by bros can be extended to me!) However, there seem to be no discussion about unforeseen circumstances and likely friction that may arise for the event.

Ranchu Lover is offering his BBR for free, so may be it is better to take the advantage then acquiring your dream fish and only to see it dying. I am sure a few pointers from Ranch Lover about raising his BBR would give you some experience for your future purchase. Like Arotok had mentioned about, money spent is nothing compared seeing the lost of your fish and effort. (Arotok, if you have extra cash call me!)

I like to make a point here that I’m just a ranchu kaki, and not in anyway directly or indirectly associated to Ranchu Lover. So the suggestion of getting his BBR is basically a personal note.

Rgds
CHLeong
chleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2005, 01:21 PM   #66
chleong
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchu8
If this is the case, as is usual in our ranchu dying on us from time to time, there wasn't this huge risk for those who last brought their bbrs in.

For those who were involved in the last batch of bbrs brought in, i believe the info on the foll queries will enlighten us the situation. How many bbrs were brought in? Their age, length and whether they were still technically bbrs? (if 2 inches 2 or 3 months old, my view is that they were not bbrs) How many died during flight in, during quarantine? How many surviving right now is not really relevant, in my view. Most importantly, it is for the intended buyers to decide for themselves whether they are prepared to accept the risk? (I've mentioned that i am.) As for the bbrs intended to be brought in, what is their approx age and length?
Bros,
ranchu8 has a few points which I feel is a correct approach to this BBR issue. Questions should be raised and experience to be shared. About the question of age and length, this is an extremely tough question.

ranchu8 lucky you did not raise the question sex, probably you get answers like; daily, weekly, once a month, once a fortnight, never….holding it till I meet the right nisai!
Just kidding for this part.

Rgds
CHLeong
chleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2005, 01:43 PM   #67
Ranchu Lover

I think nothing to be angry about. I will answer your points as follow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR
I still can't figure out why you've suggested me to be the Indian Chief if you already have the intentions in bringing in the fishes???http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=59
I DO NOT WANT any misunderstanding by anyone, bcoz I feel that you're ALWAYS posting as thou you and me have been sitting down discussing or planning the purchase!
I have never intended to make this public, but I do not intend to share my shipment with anyone because I am planning to buy 40 to 60 pieces myself. I think nothing wrong with that. With that quantity, don't you think it will cause some misunderstanding if I share some of the shipments. I have already made known my intentions to you (David) through pm. You are the one letting the "cat out of the basket" regarding me making for the shortfall as I have intended to keep it between us. Moreover, I am only planning to bring in the bbrs at a much later date, probably towards the end of the breeding season. This is because of logistic reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR
I've been trying to be very polite http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=79 but it doesn't seems that you've understand my point!
When you tell everyone,http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=75 Have you ever spare a thought, are those beautiful bbr sure the quality we'll be getting?
I personally find that there is nothing wrong with posting the bbrs from recent photos given by the person who is going to supply you the bbrs. This is exactly the kind of quality that I was told that we are getting. You have posted a "disclaimer" anyway. Is there anything to hide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR
When you say http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=40, do you mean 1 fish out of 3 buyer's purchase alive is ok?
Did I mention 1 fish out of three buyer's purchase? Sorry, I think my memory is failing me. As for my own purchase, I am always prepared for mortality be it one piece or all 60 pieces.

I think it will be proper that I make this announcement that I am not involved in this particular Kashino BBR purchase, whatsoever as all the bbrs are taken, and I would like to retract all posting in this thread so that there will not need to be any misunderstanding. Kindly ignore all views given by me in this post made earlier. Should anyone want to withdraw from their purchase, I will still be responsible to fill up the short fall. This offer stand till this Sunday 22/05/2005.

Sorry to all especially TVR (David) if I have caused any inconvenience. Good luck to your purchase.
Old 20-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #68
TVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
I think nothing to be angry about. I will answer your points as follow:

I have never intended to make this public, but I do not intend to share my shipment with anyone because I am planning to buy 40 to 60 pieces myself. I think nothing wrong with that. With that quantity, don't you think it will cause some misunderstanding if I share some of the shipments. I have already made known my intentions to you (David) through pm. You are the one letting the "cat out of the basket" regarding me making for the shortfall as I have intended to keep it between us. Moreover, I am only planning to bring in the bbrs at a much later date, probably towards the end of the breeding season. This is because of logistic reasons.
Yes, I did let the cat out of the basket. PM received on 13/05.
Firstly, I don't feel that there's any secret about that? Is there anything to hide?
Secondly, I am pissed off by you, having your mind set and yet asking me to organise the purchase?http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=93 Or am I out there to help survey your market?
Thirdly, why did you tell me you'll try to encourage others into buying the bbrs in that same PM? I'm sorry if I've not understand your hint!
Lastly, I still don't think you've answered my questions?

Quote:
I personally find that there is nothing wrong with posting the bbrs from recent photos given by the person who is going to supply you the bbrs. This is exactly the kind of quality that I was told that we are getting. You have posted a "disclaimer" anyway. Is there anything to hide?
Of coz, there's nothing to hide! I only received the same email as you stating that the quality will be mixed as I've claimed in the post? I don't read it the way you did, or maybe my memory is failing me?
Anyway, are you the one to answer for it if it doesn't turn out that way?

Quote:
Did I mention 1 fish out of three buyer's purchase? Sorry, I think my memory is failing me. As for my own purchase, I am always prepared for mortality be it one piece or all 60 pieces.
You claimed 1 out of 5 bbr die, it will still be worth it. 3 bros x 2 fish = 6?
Aiya, my Maths maybe not so good la!
TVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2005, 05:51 PM   #69
samuelphan
Senior Dragon

Hi Guys,

I have not been following the thread and really have no time to read between the lines to come out with anything to really support anyone of you.

But I am sure there must be some misunderstanding in how each interpret the postings. Give each other the benefit of doubt lah

We are all doing this for the benefit of the community ...
1) TVR is kind enuf to be the indian chief to spear-head the import
2) Ranchu_Lover is kind enuf to underwrite the import if we cant get buyers for 20 pcs
3) I throw in the effort of bringing them in

So really there shouldn't be any thing to fight about

With Best Regards,
Samuel Phan
samuelphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2005, 06:03 PM   #70
TVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelphan
Hi Guys,

I have not been following the thread and really have no time to read between the lines to come out with anything to really support anyone of you.

But I am sure there must be some misunderstanding in how each interpret the postings. Give each other the benefit of doubt lah

We are all doing this for the benefit of the community ...
1) TVR is kind enuf to be the indian chief to spear-head the import
2) Ranchu_Lover is kind enuf to underwrite the import if we cant get buyers for 20 pcs
3) I throw in the effort of bringing them in

So really there shouldn't be any thing to fight about

With Best Regards,
Samuel Phan
Hi Samuel,
I appreciate that. Just couldn't stand the thoughts of being used and neither am I gonna support any ill intentions!
I'm just out here trying to do everyone a favour and simply getting myself some fishes. No way will I want to get into anybody's conspiracy!

Thanks & regards,
David Hou
TVR is offline   Reply With Quote