Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 20-05-2005, 02:37 AM   #51
ranchu8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arotok
It's the truth bros. A good example is me. Last year, I managed to get hold of 3 of them (Whew, thought I was so lucky, finally got a chance to own some Kashino bbrs). But, end-up getting all 3 of them killed by me due to my inexperience in handling the quarantine. It's not so much the dollar thing but a painful experience watching yr dreams/efforts just go down the drain.

What I'm trying to say is that are all the bros here who ordered , are you prepared to lose the $ and eventually end up with nothing. To tell the truth, I'm having 2nd thoughts of bringing them in.
Did everyone's bbrs (except for TVR's) die during quarantine?
Old 20-05-2005, 03:57 AM   #52
jowy_ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR
As far as I know, mine are the only ones left (some bros, I no longer see them online). I'm sorry, but the truth always hurts!

Regards,
David Hou
Maybe U could share your QT methods
Old 20-05-2005, 08:41 AM   #53
Ranchu Lover

I will share my experience.

During the period of the Yuhua CC Comp, 2005 I bought 6 pieces of Competion grade Jnr Tosai. These 6 pieces were purchased before the competion and was sent in for the All Thailand Ranchu Competition on 20/02/2005 (Sunday). Of these 6 pieces, 3 pieces were entered for the Jnr Tosai class. They were average 8.5 cm long then.

Immediately after the competition, the brooker took the ranchus back and also collected the remainder 3 pieces from the breeder's home. On Tuesday early morning, it was dispatched to Bangkok Airport. The ranchus arrived in Singapore at around noon. I took the box of 6 pieces at around 2.00 pm and brought it home. Entered all 6 pieces for the Yuhua Comp held on the 27/05/2005. After the comp, 3 pieces were bought by some bros, and I brought 3 pieces back and QT the ranchu for another 7 days. All these times, no feeding. I was told that the feeding of the ranchu was stopped 7 days before the ATRC some time on the 13/02/2005. My 3 pieces of ranchus was only fed on the 6/03/2005. No feeding for 21 days.

Glad to report that there were no casualty. BTW the ranchus even spawn 5 days after the Yuhua CC Comp. Funny thing is that they are still shitting but the shit is whitish in colour.

This is my first experience importing ranchu direct. Oh one more thing, use 0.3% to 0.5% salt at all time. The ranchus are 12 cm long now after 3 months. Two of them has fathered many spawn already. I think for bbrs, it will be the same.
Old 20-05-2005, 08:50 AM   #54
Sotong King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
This is my first experience importing ranchu direct. Oh one more thing, use 0.3% to 0.5% salt at all time. The ranchus are 12 cm long now after 3 months. Two of them has fathered many spawn already. I think for bbrs, it will be the same.
How can BBR be the same when they are smaller and weaker. Just like children, they fail sick easier than adults. One case of so called success cannot present a population. The success is 3/6 which is only 50%.

Moreover, those are Thai bred (home grown) and these are suppose to be newly arrived Japanese imports right.

Just sharing my 2 cents.
Old 20-05-2005, 09:11 AM   #55
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchu8
Did everyone's bbrs (except for TVR's) die during quarantine?
Nope. Mine died a few months later. Death more like caused by me.
pykoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2005, 10:49 AM   #56
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotong King
How can BBR be the same when they are smaller and weaker. Just like children, they fail sick easier than adults. One case of so called success cannot present a population. The success is 3/6 which is only 50%.

Moreover, those are Thai bred (home grown) and these are suppose to be newly arrived Japanese imports right.

Just sharing my 2 cents.
Some of the so called bbrs are actually changing colour or have changed colour. Kashino's bbrs are now about 5 to 6 cm long and still not ready for export yet. It should be very close to Jr Tosai when it is ready for shipment.

The batch that TVR bringing in comes from Japan, QT in Thailand and then ship to Singapore. The batch that I intend to bring in will most likely comes from Japan direct.
Old 20-05-2005, 11:40 AM   #57
BloodLine

The batch that TVR bringing in comes from Japan, QT in Thailand and then ship to Singapore. The batch that I intend to bring in will most likely comes from Japan direct.[/QUOTE]

Err...does this mean that the Thais get to choose their Kashino bbr before us and what we actually having are so called 'culls'?I mean Kashino will keep the best of course,not so good shipped to Thai in pretence of QT,Thai choose the next best bbr of the lot,remainder to us?

Anyone like to share this experience?
Old 20-05-2005, 11:58 AM   #58
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodLine
The batch that TVR bringing in comes from Japan, QT in Thailand and then ship to Singapore. The batch that I intend to bring in will most likely comes from Japan direct.

Err...does this mean that the Thais get to choose their Kashino bbr before us and what we actually having are so called 'culls'?I mean Kashino will keep the best of course,not so good shipped to Thai in pretence of QT,Thai choose the next best bbr of the lot,remainder to us?

Anyone like to share this experience?
I guess have to depend on whether the timing of Japan shipment arriving in Thailand coincides with Samulephan's trip to Thailand. For example, if Samuel is present when the Japan shipment arrive in Thailand, he could possibly picked a bag and go. If the Japan shipment arrive a few days (e.g. 3-4 days) before Samuel trip, obviously all the bbrs will be released in the ponds and Samuel/Absolute Ranchus will probably have to pick 20 pieces out of the pond to fulfill the order.

All boils down to timing.
Old 20-05-2005, 12:01 PM   #59
pykoh
Dragon

BTW, just curious who zapped my rep. point for posting #55??? I dun really care for the rep. point but I'm very puzzled for zapping me for a "neutral" statement that I have made in #55. Anything wrong with what I say there?
Old 20-05-2005, 12:13 PM   #60
TVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
Some of the so called bbrs are actually changing colour or have changed colour. Kashino's bbrs are now about 5 to 6 cm long and still not ready for export yet. It should be very close to Jr Tosai when it is ready for shipment.

I still can't figure out why you've suggested me to be the Indian Chief if you already have the intentions in bringing in the fishes???http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=59
I DO NOT WANT any misunderstanding by anyone, bcoz I feel that you're ALWAYS posting as thou you and me have been sitting down discussing or planning the purchase!
I've been trying to be very polite http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=79 but it doesn't seems that you've understand my point!
When you tell everyone,http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=75 Have you ever spare a thought, are those beautiful bbr sure the quality we'll be getting?
When you say http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=40, do you mean 1 fish out of 3 buyer's purchase alive is ok?
This time I insist that you answer my questions.

Thanks,
David Hou
TVR is offline   Reply With Quote