Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 19-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #1
Bluebubble

Default Magic Clear

Anyone tried this on your shrimp tank? Last week, I was doing a 50% WC and my water gets very cloudy, I dropped in a capsule of this 'MAGIC CLEAR" and my water became extremely crystal clear after an hour - like those plasma TV sharp pictures you saw on display at Best Denki. I kind of like this magic "medicine" instantly but my shrimps were wiped out. I dare not jump to conclusion this could be the cause of my shrimp death, it could be because I thorougly clean my canister and accidentally up the GH again.

Anyone tried this on your shrimp tank?

Old 19-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
berber

all 3 things you did affected the shrimps alot! 50% wc is alot... and you washed the canister fully.. which will wipe out alot of the bacteria... and even more i think its the tablet you added into the tank that affected the shrimp most.. as you dont know what compound is in that little capsule... all this 3 things add together is a shrimp killer!!!!
Old 20-07-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
Koji™
Account Disabled

I never trust this kinda clear water solution. I feel that it's too hash to fish or even to water sensitive shrimps already.
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
cbrian37

thats a toxic poison to shrimps!!your shrimps will die instantly
Old 20-07-2010, 01:27 AM   #5
newlife
Dragon

Wow....wipe out totally is bad....

Like what Berber says....all 3 things you did is a GREAT mistake....

1. 10-20% water change should be enough.
2. All those benefit bacteria built up in your canister gone.
3. Never add funny funny things in your shrimp tank.

Ain't you heart pain??? Now you got to draw all water out...and recycle your your tank again before adding shrimps. Err..Aw...I very heart pain for you....efforts gone....
newlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
Bluebubble

Well...you guy won't feel so hurt when I said they are all cherries. I actually wanted to "get rid" of them but somehow I did it quite accidentally and the shrimplets were not spared my curiosity. Anyway, that might be a good thing because I am thinking to keep just fire-red in my tank or cheap CRS only-tank. I must stay focus now otherwise cannot resist so many nice shrimps in LFS...
Old 20-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #7
martin.kwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebubble View Post
Well...you guy won't feel so hurt when I said they are all cherries. I actually wanted to "get rid" of them but somehow I did it quite accidentally and the shrimplets were not spared my curiosity. Anyway, that might be a good thing because I am thinking to keep just fire-red in my tank or cheap CRS only-tank. I must stay focus now otherwise cannot resist so many nice shrimps in LFS...
You can give away or sell your cherries
Old 20-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #8
berber

Quote:
using this method is abit cruel, its like poisoning a small little living thing.. you could have given it for free.. im sure everyone will be grabbing for them!
Old 21-07-2010, 04:31 AM   #9
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

Quote:
Your post will definitely offend many people. Are cherry shrimps not living things? Are they a lower class of living thing as compared to a fire red? They way you think is really incorrigible.
WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #10
Bluebubble

Oh, what I meant by "getting rid" is to give them away lor. Anyway I don't think my capsule has killed them. Somehow I saw one survival and it is swimming lively in the tank looking for his missing buddies