Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 18-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
AceOfSpade

Default Are food for reproduction really good?

Today went to both Y934 and Y618. Saw Gex selling breeding pellets. Same for the Hayashi. But i started to think. will they really work? Or should we let nature take it's course? Any bros who used these kind of breeding pellets care to share it's effects? (: thanks a million
Old 18-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Koji™
Account Disabled

I never feed special feed to my cherry shrimps but they are producing like bunnies.

I believe it's the water that matter the most.

But then again, feeding them properly will enhance them to produce better eggs and also giving the male a better boost. Thus a better and higher breeding success.

Last edited by Koji™; 18-07-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
AceOfSpade

I'm now feeding Gex growth pellets once every 2 days. But still no breeding occured yet. ): running on OHF and topping up water once evaporates. Running with fan at 26 degrees. Got a moss ball, some unknow plants tied on coconut husk and a normal rock. Still nothing ): Tank is 6 inch in length and reaching 1 foot in height.
Old 18-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
Koji™
Account Disabled

From your descrption your tank seen to be very small and hold not much water. It's always not easy to maintain good water and stable water parameter and condition in small tank which hold little water.

Shrimps are senstive creature and thus I believe your water volume is partial reason why they are not breeding. Another reason may be your shrimps are too young?
Old 18-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
AceOfSpade

All their colours are out alrd. That time got a berried mama. But that berried when i bought it. Now none berried. So a 1 feet should be a suitable one?
Old 18-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOfSpade View Post
All their colours are out alrd. That time got a berried mama. But that berried when i bought it. Now none berried. So a 1 feet should be a suitable one?
Minimum 2 feet for shrimps will be more ideal. Smaller tank is more difficult to control water parameter and also water quality.
Old 18-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #7
berber

you should try to get a larger tank.. as water conditions wont fluctuate that much..and they will reproduce more consistantly.. ! and breeding food i dont think they will make them reproduce.. it just seems to help by shortening the time of maturaty of the reproduction organs for the female shrimp..
Old 18-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
bai
Dragon

My room tank is 2ft X 20cm X 23cm if i dun remember wrongly. My crs is breeding like rabbits. I top up my water on every wednesday and water change every saturday or sunday.

See here for my room tank pic:- http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...404676&page=14
bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 01:35 AM   #9
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Actually food they say for breeding or wat is not really for tat i find. They r more like for shrimplets or adult food. They come in fine form or big tablet/stripe form.
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #10
AceOfSpade

But now if i want to start up on 2 feet. Do i need a chiller?