Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 03-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #191
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homester View Post
Bro Thomas,

It's very clear cut in this thread, who are those who talk no action and who talk with actions.

I don want to name the names but it's very clear.

Till now, the bro whom seems like an expert didn't even bother to answer my noobish query of - " How to select a Juv Red which will turn out RED RED naturally in a year or 2 "

Maybe he see me no up that why don bother to answer my stupid query.......

So sad..........
Same here. I also would like to know how the expert here select a good Juv Red or Gold? TIA.
ThomasLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:08 PM   #192
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel View Post
If red will bloom later stage, and some at 5th year, so i guess quality doesn't matter. its whether u got patience or not. Tio bo?
So any LFS red aro can buy, get it?

Anyway, this is not a red arowana thread. Lets just stick to WTT aro.

Bro Nel, I don't really get what u mean...

Ok, leave the red Aro aside.

May I know WTT or BTT (black) consider ways to groom the fish? Can grooming be termed as 'modifying'? Let me know your thought.
ThomasLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #193
khuancc
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel View Post
since when clear tank is considered as WTT, even placed beside a white wall. If clear tank so useful, why so many ppl's XB cannot cross at all.

Then those put in white fiber tank, covered all 4 sides, these are what???

Anyway, all i know is the arowana market is flooded with 75% of lousy aro.
Nothing impressive. Went many places see fish, see and forget.
Can show us your fish? Thanks.
khuancc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #194
nel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLim View Post
Bro Nel, I don't really get what u mean...

Ok, leave the red Aro aside.

May I know WTT or BTT (black) consider ways to groom the fish? Can grooming be termed as 'modifying'? Let me know your thought.
is there a difference for yr skin complexion to stay fair if u stay inside an office without the sun, normal room lights OR living in a dark storeroom.

I guess u know the answers.

go and see those WTT aro and those without WTT, u will know what i mean.
adult size one.

Of course u can continue to like a WTT, nothing wrong with it.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:47 AM   #195
steventan
Dragon

Hello

I don’t know where this thread leads us but I hope to the people who read this thread can be useful and
find there answer they looking for. Also might help this in the future.

I remember before using gum putty to make aquarium and it was messy but important thing that time
it holds the glass together and the same time holds the water. 3ft x 15" x 15" was the biggest to make
an aquarium before and 1/4" thick was only available. But later on using 1/4" thick glass able to made
4x2x2 ft. 5x2x2ft,8x1x3ft and many more sizes but no more above 2 feet height.
But now things have change. Silicon,UV Glue,bended glass,tempered glass and so many more in buidling
aquarium. Some use acrylic plastic. And now is much more better than before.

I am not saying WTT is the future or also say it is not because it is happening now. We don’t know where this
leads us. Im not afraid to try and learn new things and I cant think to live in the past cause we cant.
Is it better now or before? I think the better is always think for the future.
For now and for what ever the reason some thrive to make thing beautiful in the future.
And some only thinks now is beautiful.
Some thinks the future is near , some thinks the end is near while
other thinks glory days are over.

Nel,

I know you don’t like the WTT thing. I hope you understand that for me its part of something that can be use in good ways.
But since you said about how the past was and how simple where kept. Then we will never understand each other.

You said before people do natural way is simple yet so beautiful. You wonder why people don’t keep it simple.
You said before people do natural way is simple yet so beautiful. You wonder why people don’t keep it simple.
If you wonder why, Its simply because naturally people are not the same some want simple things some wants more and
other go beyond. Like Cell phone you can always tell the maker today why keep making new one. Why not Nokia 5110
be the only cell phone used. Or who ever created the cellphone is the only cell phone we shall used.
Be the only cell phone used. Or who ever created the cellphone is the only cell phone we shall used.
In Arowana today you call it modified or unnatural. Which same goes for canned food,fruits and juices.
But still people buy it whether its good for our body or not. But there are also modified things like wagyu beef that
you might say modified but taste good compare to natural beef.

Do you think your natural way or the no light treatment will turn your arowana all the same like you said
So shinny, the color so intense and soon will cross? Im sure not all will turn out like that same goes for the
WTT not all that you say dull and color will fade.
You said most all farms do WTT and yet not all turns the same even with the use of modification still less than 10%
they can consider good.
Also you showed me a nice gold arowana and will cross soon.It will croos soon because its been a year you been looking at the
fish and expensive fish you say. Probably due to the method of using the natural way that the fish turns out that way? So
all arowana there looks like the one you showed me? Or not? And if we put that fish in WTT. What will Happen?

And last , I like my Background like this. Im not gonna ask if you like it cause I know the answer already.
This are man made background so definitely not your thing but I wonder if by doing this
Does the fish whether form WTT or BTT will change?

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video
steventan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #196
andyteo
Arofanatic

Good say. 👍 Agreed.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
andyteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #197
andyteo
Arofanatic

Good say. 👍 Agreed. I like present day aro. In the past, when I show friends who don't keep fish. This is a XB aro, they will tell me where got cross. The back all or lu lu. Now things differently.

andyteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:43 PM   #198
nel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyteo View Post
Good say. 👍 Agreed. I like present day aro. In the past, when I show friends who don't keep fish. This is a XB aro, they will tell me where got cross. The back all or lu lu. Now things differently.

u already said yr friend don't keep fish. I also have friends who ask me last time, why your XB is pek pek one, not kim kim one. I thought its called Kim Leng. All these, never ending.

i myself almost comment to my fish buddy friend when we go farm visit, looking for a nice golden or blue base aro ,"why the aro colours look so dull one in the tank, why pek pek mong mong one?"
My friend replied," Last time kim leng is really kim. like a golden bar swimming. Now i don't see anymore."

I am just a hobbyist. Why is it so hard to buy just a simple shinny gold bar.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:08 PM   #199
nel

steven, in fact i am setting up a planted tank for my XB. The arowana will be a baby one, no WTT before.
YouTube Video

the tank design i copying is at 10.15. i dunno will u call it BTT or not bcas the background is black but the base is green/black.
How the fish will look like, whether will it cross, is the colours solid, i guess only time will tell....
Old 05-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #200
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLim View Post
Same here. I also would like to know how the expert here select a good Juv Red or Gold? TIA.
Same old thing, body shape, finage, shine, core\base color....that goes for red and gold. But nowadays gold all wtt so a bit tricky to choose, maybe this is the reason that make nel so hot. Sometime i am hot also when u see some wtt aro label as ghxb. Hot ahhh...

Think there is a thread about this u just need to do a search.
Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote