Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 18-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #111
nel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphere View Post
One who doesn't mind white tank fish, one who is dead set against white tank fish.

Everyone has their own opinion. Some you can convince to change their views to align with yours, some will take their views to the grave. Most important thing is to be civil towards one another
bro,
ppl want WTT, BTT, RTT, YTT, its their choice.

i don't like WTT, its my preference.

I did not mention WTT is a low grade. And its a fact that WTT is man-made, going extreme conditions. I am only stating the facts. XB has gone thru WTT. do u think XB are the only fish? RTG, red, green, silver, all went thru. all these process. Just that XB shows the best results.

Plus, its someone telling us about competition, about quality and how quality it is.

Alot men love big boobs. And of course there are men who don't mind woman who went thru surgery to enlarge it. Do u know, a woman boobs exploded and die while in the aeroplane? Fake don't last. i wonder will it get frozen in cold country. So we need to educate men the pro and cons.
Old 18-04-2014, 03:45 PM   #112
steventan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphere View Post
One who doesn't mind white tank fish, one who is dead set against white tank fish.

Everyone has their own opinion. Some you can convince to change their views to align with yours, some will take their views to the grave. Most important thing is to be civil towards one another
Thanks Saphere.

Maybe me and Nel did not start well on this thread and looking like we dont like each other. I know Nel even I dont know him but I know he means no harm. I keep this as a positive way. And I hope Nel will not think Im against him.
Just sharing information not the tradition way.

Again thanks and Ill try to be more civil towards other.
steventan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 04:10 PM   #113
nel

steven, do u know it is difficult to understand what u trying to say.

the FFL i said its crossing. u know why? not bcas i can predict the future or an expert to selecting XB. But i saw the top black area getting lesser and lesser and the rim is slowly crossing over. How i know? bcas i been looking at the fish for past 1 year.

The colours of a WTT, some ppl call it matt. The colours can never be nice as the natural colours of an aro.
In fact, i don't think u know what is the meaning of natural. its ok, as long u like yr WTT, u happy can already.
Old 20-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #114
steventan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel View Post
steven, do u know it is difficult to understand what u trying to say.

the FFL i said its crossing. u know why? not bcas i can predict the future or an expert to selecting XB. But i saw the top black area getting lesser and lesser and the rim is slowly crossing over. How i know? bcas i been looking at the fish for past 1 year.

The colours of a WTT, some ppl call it matt. The colours can never be nice as the natural colours of an aro.
In fact, i don't think u know what is the meaning of natural. its ok, as long u like yr WTT, u happy can already.
Hello Nel,

I see you been looking the fish for the past 1 year and saw the top black are getting lesser and lesser and the rim is slowly crossing over.
This is the reason why you said soon the fish will cross.

About Natural's meaning of the color of the xb arowana.
For me this is what I know.
It is natural for XB arowana to change its color or try to mimic its environment.
Therefore It is natural for the XB arowana Gold base/Blue base when put in white,blue,black,clear together with tanning. Naturally it try to change its scale,rim,top,head color and it will also depend on the XB arowana genes.
If using WTT even with great genes doesnt mean it will be a full helmet or fully cross and specially its color looking like GOLD. Maybe your experience are one of those XB that doesnt posses the gold tone in which it needs other light to help the fish presentation. Same goes with the Bluebase put in Dark tank. Not all will turn into a solid gold thin/thick frame with deep blue scale. Thats why most turn on there flash on to help the Bluebase looks nicer when taking photo or video.
Naturally, fish that goes WTT are not fake or unnatural.
By putting the fish in to an aquarium Tank with white,black,clear, or blue back ground. It is not natural anymore because it is not there natural habitat.

I am not against you with the dark background. I still dont get the no light treatment.
But I do get the XB gold when in Wtt then goes to black tank will drop its crossing and color seems off. Most are like that because again like I said
not all will become the XB gold what everyone like to be whether in white or darker tank.

Check this out. Are the XB Gold arowana here are competition grade? or this are the gold you prefer?

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 20-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #115
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Next competition each sent 1 xb for competition and see who win lah… end. Argue until all face green green , read one also read until face green green… sigh...
Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #116
SIOWARO
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
Next competition each sent 1 xb for competition and see who win lah… end. Argue until all face green green , read one also read until face green green… sigh...
dio hor dio hor, face green like this
SIOWARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #117
nel

steven,

Present days arowana, LFS and almost all the farms, all u find is WTT arowana. XB, HB and RTG.
Even competition is flooded with WTT aro.

Worse still, even RED AROWANA went thru WTT. Is it natural? For what? red aro will have golden head?

U do WTT for a short period of time, u put back black tank, what happen? it will go back to its ORIGINAL colours. Please do not tell me u don't know what is the original colours of an arowana.
u do WTT for a long period of time, 2 years, u put back into pond. The colours will be like WTT, except its shine will drop abit. And if a scale drop off, and grow new one, how will it look like? u know yrself. catch up the fish and WTT again. So that it will have yr so-called natural shine.

Whether WTT is man-made or not, we know it. WTT don't mean bad bcas the breeders are still laughing all the way to the bank.

What is natural colours of an arowana? it simply mean we catch the fish from the pond, put it in the clear tank. We will see the fish. without lights, without background. thats the MOST natural. Be it gold base, blue base, purple base, green base XB. Its the most natural. i only know how to appreciate natural colours, u do not have to follow me. Its yr choice, yr fish.

Why do ppl need to WTT? yes, it may help to distinguish which fish has higher potential. Its NOT to modifiy the fish into looking something which it is not.

U know why? whats the problem? Bcas nowadays arowana is different from the past. breeder just buy whatever adult arowana they can find and breed.
For red arowana, whether it is red, pink, yellow, light orange, dark orange, they all throw into the pond to breed. Breeders do not select good stuff to breed. They will just advertise in newspaper, and buy directly from hobbyist. My friend red arowana looks horrible, but the buyer still pay for it.

Same for XB. Since when there is arowana called HB in the past? its also example of rojak cross breeding.

Steven, u can flow with the world and live with the WTT, sorry, i can't. Nothing wrong with it. Its your choice.
In fact, i want to download Youtube, a turquoise 10inch xb which is crossed naturally, video i took this morning, but i do not see the point now. U won't appreciate anyway. U need the assistance of WTT to select arowana.

Lastly, I am not against u. Anyway, hope u send yr competition aro quality and win a trophy.
Old 20-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #118
shaunwcl
Dragon

I read from page 1 to 12 one shot really face green green, eye blur blur.... Sibeh confused leh.... To each his own lor

Anyway, I choose Number 1 XB!!!
shaunwcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2014, 03:57 AM   #119
steventan
Dragon

Hello nel,

Thanks for now your okey that its okey if I'll use or like WTT but you know I also use other methods beside WTT.
I try whats not whats best but what i think I like. Not always correct but that is why this is a hobby. You may buy a cat i may buy a dog. Does it mean if you buy cat you dont like dogs? You see I just post a gold in a white tank then said this is a competition grade which then i was Told I dont know how to choose, but you said can join but question is if I can win. I never said this is a winner no matter what. Maybe a competition grade for below standard or my level. UYou assume I dont know to choose but you said beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I am not here for the discussion whether WTT is good or bad but rather Im more interested on the things you said and keeps me wondering what did the WTT did to you that were having this debate. I'm just letting you know why using white tank is not bad at all depend how you use it. And there are many reason.
Does it hurt when you see the arowana in white tank or you feel they are suffering using WTT and feel not only natural but you dont see the arowana color nice given with the right fish same goes if you use dark tank. All you say is true regarding the white tank effect and the disadvantage using it. Specially a fish doesnt posses genes to be nice in WTT. That is why most under goes WTT to let the breeders select which of the batches has what it takes to achieve the golden head and fully cross together the gold tone is strong and shinny. Which not hard to fish cause its take less to produces those fishes. And for those were not chosen can be full helmet or fully cross or none of the two but has gold tone can be shinny or some not. As you can see hard to get the 3 pieces together the same time you hope the fins are big and body is strong and healthy. And it will also be nicer if no Drop eye.
But again you miss to see the fish in the video. Try to imagine if it was not in white tank. Base on what you said your first aro was 35 years ago. As i recall i think you said that. My point is never about the natural color,or the whole body is entirely cross.
A colorful fish or natural colorful fish means nothing if the fish is lifeless, an arowana with big fins is nothing if it wont swim,even with everything like when swimming it just glides in the water, huge fins that waives like a flag, a body that is like "Incredible Hulk".
BUT the eyes is holding for its last nerve otherwise the eye will fall.
The video i post are not perfect fish or can win any competition. But whether the fish is in white tank or not. I seldom see fish like this.
Maybe I went to the wrong place.

But nobody can take away the moment I saw those fish in person. And that i really cant explain. I'm glad I was happy and got the time to share and ask you guys what fish you would choose. If you are concern to tell me to choose wisely or teach me how to choose. Then just show me a video and lecture me that you would think the right way to choose a fish.
Which I now believe whether learning all the techniques and secrets or using the natural way in choosing the right fish. A good fish is whether using all colors for your tank BG. A good fish is a good fish.
And last i think we all think that we have the power to choose what fish we want but maybe the fish chooses us. And we are just a lucky person if we are given that chance.

Here's one i didn't use WTT. So hope your happy but
Maybe I dont know if this will pass your quality.
But I'm hoping you would.

[IMG]QUOTE=nel;9666334]steven, [IMG][/IMG]

Present days arowana, LFS and almost all the farms, all u find is WTT arowana. XB, HB and RTG.
Even competition is flooded with WTT aro.

Worse still, even RED AROWANA went thru WTT. Is it natural? For what? red aro will have golden head?

U do WTT for a short period of time, u put back black tank, what happen? it will go back to its ORIGINAL colours. Please do not tell me u don't know what is the original colours of an arowana.
u do WTT for a long period of time, 2 years, u put back into pond. The colours will be like WTT, except its shine will drop abit. And if a scale drop off, and grow new one, how will it look like? u know yrself. catch up the fish and WTT again. So that it will have yr so-called natural shine.

Whether WTT is man-made or not, we know it. WTT don't mean bad bcas the breeders are still laughing all the way to the bank.

What is natural colours of an arowana? it simply mean we catch the fish from the pond, put it in the clear tank. We will see the fish. without lights, without background. thats the MOST natural. Be it gold base, blue base, purple base, green base XB. Its the most natural. i only know how to appreciate natural colours, u do not have to follow me. Its yr choice, yr fish.

Why do ppl need to WTT? yes, it may help to distinguish which fish has higher potential. Its NOT to modifiy the fish into looking something which it is not.

U know why? whats the problem? Bcas nowadays arowana is different from the past. breeder just buy whatever adult arowana they can find and breed.
For red arowana, whether it is red, pink, yellow, light orange, dark orange, they all throw into the pond to breed. Breeders do not select good stuff to breed. They will just advertise in newspaper, and buy directly from hobbyist. My friend red arowana looks horrible, but the buyer still pay for it.

Same for XB. Since when there is arowana called HB in the past? its also example of rojak cross breeding.

Steven, u can flow with the world and live with the WTT, sorry, i can't. Nothing wrong with it. Its your choice.
In fact, i want to download Youtube, a turquoise 10inch xb which is crossed naturally, video i took this morning, but i do not see the point now. U won't appreciate anyway. U need the assistance of WTT to select arowana.

Lastly, I am not against u. Anyway, hope u send yr competition aro quality and win a trophy.[/QUOTE]
Old 21-04-2014, 03:59 AM   #120
steventan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunwcl View Post
I read from page 1 to 12 one shot really face green green, eye blur blur.... Sibeh confused leh.... To each his own lor

Anyway, I choose Number 1 XB!!!
Thanks

May I ask why?