Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 17-04-2014, 03:21 AM   #101
nel

steven,

seriously, i find u are very contradicting.

I don't want to pinpoint, else we will reach page 20.

Let's see other bro notice it or not.

U sure u not a roti prata man?
Old 17-04-2014, 05:03 AM   #102
steventan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel View Post
steven,

seriously, i find u are very contradicting.

I don't want to pinpoint, else we will reach page 20.

Let's see other bro notice it or not.

U sure u not a roti prata man?

What have I done?
And please other bro/people they may notice or not but I have done a lot of things today for you. So dont just say we keep doing this and reach page 20. I might think your just playing around hope not.

I wish for you to help me understand. But first forgive me if I called it a competition grade.
But i need to know if joining a aro competition the fish must pass something like a test to be allowed to joined? If ever I did a WTT, Should I inform that the fish underwent WTT? But since you said turn off the lights,put in black tank or blue tank and let see what happen. I assume it is not for the best for WTT user correct?

Thanks Nel hoping for this thread to bare information to help me and others that dont know how to choose.
steventan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #103
Fanchan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack lee View Post
Long time nv see this kinda discussion..
Jack show some of ur competition xb i want to learn....
Fanchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 11:37 AM   #104
nel

steven,

u are asking, what is a competition grade?

Theoretically, the judge see - the body structure, eyes, mouth, finnage, crossing, pearlies, intensity of gold and intensity of scale defination and shine.

In reality, any one can send his fish for competition. it can be droop eye, plj, oversize finnage. Does that make it a competition grade? Of course it is competition grade. Bcas it is in the competition already. Tio bo?!
Can win or not, its another issue. however, Kelong aro also can win trophy. u never see before, hear before?

U can send a WTT aro for competition. Others sent too before anyway. whether the fish can fully display its true quality out at the black tank or not, its yr skill that counts. Don't be a fish that look gold at home but silver at competition tank.

Fish need a proper environment to fully display its BEST colours, be it white tank, black, pink, yellow or red tank.
If i want to share my fish, i will take it with lights, with flash, without lights, ppl can see how it is and judge for themselves.
NOT - showing the best and yet it can look like another fish when it is displayed in another manner. so, u only show ppl to see what u want them to see? In fact, its nothing wrong. I said already, i have seen few times ppl put red lights on their pink aro. My friend is one of them. Red base tank somemore. They also no choice. keep red aro so long, and yet cannot look red. Put red lights lor.
Old 17-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #105
nel

typo error,

I misread u are asking what is a competition quality. I am curious, how can it be. u have so much knowledge than me. So disregard the first half of what i type in my previous message.
Old 18-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #106
steventan
Dragon

Quote:
steven,

u are asking, what is a competition grade?

Theoretically, the judge see - the body structure, eyes, mouth, finnage, crossing, pearlies, intensity of gold and intensity of scale defination and shine.

In reality, any one can send his fish for competition. it can be droop eye, plj, oversize finnage. Does that make it a competition grade? Of course it is competition grade. Bcas it is in the competition already. Tio bo?!
Can win or not, its another issue. however, Kelong aro also can win trophy. u never see before, hear before?

U can send a WTT aro for competition. Others sent too before anyway. whether the fish can fully display its true quality out at the black tank or not, its yr skill that counts. Don't be a fish that look gold at home but silver at competition tank.

Fish need a proper environment to fully display its BEST colours, be it white tank, black, pink, yellow or red tank.
If i want to share my fish, i will take it with lights, with flash, without lights, ppl can see how it is and judge for themselves.
NOT - showing the best and yet it can look like another fish when it is displayed in another manner. so, u only show ppl to see what u want them to see? In fact, its nothing wrong. I said already, i have seen few times ppl put red lights on their pink aro. My friend is one of them. Red base tank somemore. They also no choice. keep red aro so long, and yet cannot look red. Put red lights lor.
Quote:
typo error,

I misread u are asking what is a competition quality. I am curious, how can it be. u have so much knowledge than me. So disregard the first half of what i type in my previous message.
Was just asking what is needed to be considered to be called competition grade arowana since this are not competition grade as you say due to WWT.
I still don’t really get why you want to turn off lights then for that somehow the arowana I show or share are not suppose to be called Competition grade
arowana and now you say why am I asking you cause I have so much knownledge in this. That I have to agree somehow. My knowledge is base on my experience
not as a breeder,farmer,petshop or importer but base upon being a hobbyist who been buying more than 10 years. Went to all petshop in my country
paying extra no question ask just to get what is a real quality. Same thing as you said. They always blame to the one who buy the fish. But I realized maybe the best is to go
where the fish originate. So I did. Yes saw fish from many people and see how they take care or try to make the fish beautiful. Or in your term 24/7 hours of stress for 2 years.
There are no trick or saw something wrong in doing those things like for Red arowana they tanning it and some putting it in the pond. For gold using WTT to see which are the most
potential fish to be considered full cross,full helmet, and other they can easier separate from the rest. People buy arowana always want the best fish as much as
possible but seller have hard time explaining the fact that beauty doesn’t come by easy. And most they do it because its there bussiness. Buyers must not
rely on the sellers that’s why as of today there are people saying they have the quality,have special connection with the farmers,only fish they have
are hand pick the best in the batch. I don’t get that also cause no one knows if that fishes are hand pick and the fact is those fish are still young
So many things can happened. There are many ways to get quality fish and paying more money is mostly the answers but the sad part is there are people sell
proclaiming they know,they can get or quality is there specialty. But at the end of the day people forget one thing. And that one thing is
beauty doesn’t come by easy and beauty always need help to fully develop its full beauty and that help is always the one who takes care of the fish.
For example A bluebase gold arowana is always better in blue,black,dark surrounding
simply because you need the color of the scale to get deeper tone or you called it natural way to groom arowana. But tell me can you make the scale of the arowana close or
fully cross or perhaps the entire body is covered of red or gold? I guess by doing that is unnatural or artificial.Actually Im not against what you say
because this can also be a way to cheat people into buying xb but it was just the use of WTT that’s why the fish looks like an xb.
The only part I don’t get for the people here that say something about they way I choose or its wrong using WTT.
So that this wont go up to page 20. Ill try to explain why I don’t agree on the things Ive been told.
But first again I am nobody just a guy who lost a lot money by doing this passion. Trusting was my downfall. Im sorry if
I don’t respect or just trust all you said to me unless there are pure proof on the things you been saying and asking me to do this to do that.
Again the fish I post are a Gold arowana. But I believe which whether is true or not cause I base on the trouble Ive been throught with this Arowana hobby.
Rather than someone told me and sometimes by groups that I do not know.
If you are promoting something you want to tell me. Please use other thread.
I am not here to proclaim Im good at choosing or knows all.
I say it’s a competition grade because no matter how I see these fishes. They are really nice in terms of color,body,eyes,tail and overall.
If in competion there are no white tanks I don’t see any problem if this fish be put on black tank. ,
And if I want this fish to go the natural color as you say still have no problem.
Can you know someone who do this eveytime someone look at his fish. Hell tell to the viewer look See it with lights on now see it with lights off and wait
not done yet see this fish in black,blue,white or clear background.
Do you know someone?
You said I let people see what I only wish to let them see.
Nel, you can not tell me that cause I did not wish or think that way and what else do I need to show?
No light?
Again Im not here to make any sales and wish to make one. Oh yeah why would I say this in fact this are artificial fish you say.
I was just asking here and my goal was to know if the tone is more important or the cover/closing of all scale or other features.
I found most choose number 4. That’s all I wanted to ask from here, Why here because I thought I can gain a lot information here.
If you really want to say not good using WTT then as Ive told you better than turning the lights off I will put them In Blue tank and In white
Tank once I have them.
All I ask you is try to experiment putting your bluebase in WTT. Your goal is to fully cross the fish and might as well its head. Try if you can.
Please do not try only one fish the more the better. Let see how many of this artificial fish you can make.

Thanks for your concern on letting me know how to choose. I will take note too.
Old 18-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #107
nel

steven,

i didn't say WTT cannot send for competition. In fact, ppl send it before. But the person who send it, wish the tank to be white, right? sadly its not, its black. So what happen to the fish? i not referring can win or cannot win. The fish cannot fully displayed its artificial colours out. These contestants should in fact ask the organiser to have white tank also, and use warm lights, not white light if i not wrong. Then the aro will look tokong. tio bo... Maybe can also contest red aro in red tank with red lights. see whose the reddest. And i did not say yr aro is not competition standard. Even guppies can be sent for competition. any kind of fish also can compete. Can win or not is another issue.

This forum is for learning. if u want us to choose which is the best for u to buy, u can switch on and off the lights. We can see the difference. we can better advise u. Maybe after u off the light, the fish also look good. If u just send the new video right from the start, maybe i would answer u. - its still none of the above. and thats it. And why would i want to talk about competiton grade with u.

WTT aro are artifically created. forcefully created.
U can keep a batch of XB seperately in a blue, WHITE, red, yellow, orange, pink, black, grey, clear, purple, planted tank or natural environment, with a normal house lights and we can see the fish swimming in front.
End results - they will look differntly. colour tones will varies. some will cross, some almost, depending on the fish itself, will cross or not, i don't want debate on crossing issues.
BUT one thing for SURE, none of them will be FULL HELMET, even if u put a top quality aro inside. Why? bcas none of them is WTT treated. XB are naturally born with dark patches on top.

And how long the baby aro is kept in WTT before it can be put for sale? and only can view the fish from top. So all these are not artifically created? And u call it what? best to groom and select a fish? U know how fat, juicy goose liver is created?

And when u buy a WTT home and put in a normal white tank, fish jump, a scale drop. what colour is the new scale growing.

The aro u looking for now, its not really called quality arowana. What u REALLY looking for is unique specially created aro. Just like having an albino aro when it first started.

And lastly, u do not need to tell us u keep arowana for over 10 years. My first arowana is 31 years ago. And i am a noob like washywashy.
Old 18-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #108
nel

i thought video no. 2 is bluebase XB.

maybe i see wrong. In fact i dunno how to see a WTT fish.

I am a noob like washywashy.
Old 18-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #109
Saphere
Dragon

One who doesn't mind white tank fish, one who is dead set against white tank fish.

Everyone has their own opinion. Some you can convince to change their views to align with yours, some will take their views to the grave. Most important thing is to be civil towards one another
Saphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #110
steventan
Dragon

Quote:
steven,

i didn't say WTT cannot send for competition. In fact, ppl send it before. But the person who send it, wish the tank to be white, right? sadly its not, its black. So what happen to the fish? i not referring can win or cannot win. The fish cannot fully displayed its artificial colours out. These contestants should in fact ask the organiser to have white tank also, and use warm lights, not white light if i not wrong. Then the aro will look tokong. tio bo... Maybe can also contest red aro in red tank with red lights. see whose the reddest. And i did not say yr aro is not competition standard. Even guppies can be sent for competition. any kind of fish also can compete. Can win or not is another issue.

This forum is for learning. if u want us to choose which is the best for u to buy, u can switch on and off the lights. We can see the difference. we can better advise u. Maybe after u off the light, the fish also look good. If u just send the new video right from the start, maybe i would answer u. - its still none of the above. and thats it. And why would i want to talk about competiton grade with u.

WTT aro are artifically created. forcefully created.
U can keep a batch of XB seperately in a blue, WHITE, red, yellow, orange, pink, black, grey, clear, purple, planted tank or natural environment, with a normal house lights and we can see the fish swimming in front.
End results - they will look differntly. colour tones will varies. some will cross, some almost, depending on the fish itself, will cross or not, i don't want debate on crossing issues.
BUT one thing for SURE, none of them will be FULL HELMET, even if u put a top quality aro inside. Why? bcas none of them is WTT treated. XB are naturally born with dark patches on top.

And how long the baby aro is kept in WTT before it can be put for sale? and only can view the fish from top. So all these are not artifically created? And u call it what? best to groom and select a fish? U know how fat, juicy goose liver is created?

And when u buy a WTT home and put in a normal white tank, fish jump, a scale drop. what colour is the new scale growing.

The aro u looking for now, its not really called quality arowana. What u REALLY looking for is unique specially created aro. Just like having an albino aro when it first started.

And lastly, u do not need to tell us u keep arowana for over 10 years. My first arowana is 31 years ago. And i am a noob like washywashy.
Quote:
i thought video no. 2 is bluebase XB.

maybe i see wrong. In fact i dunno how to see a WTT fish.

I am a noob like washywashy.
Copy Nel,

Yes its a blue base aro in video 2 that is WTT. WTT accept any color Goldtone,Bluebase,Purpleblue,Greenbase and not only for XB. Also in red aro.
Same purpose.
But not all can be like I post in video. If that happens then all selling full helmet or full cross. right? not saying the video I post is the best or it can win any competition. Cause I never seen one. So Let me ask you this. You said no XB will be full helmet or fully cross (Full cross can sometimes happen when fish is old but still very few does) I agree with you.
So in competition there are no full helmet being shown or never crown champion of XB that has full helmet? That I need to ask I dont know the answer hope you can tell me that cause you said when the WTT user join the competition they hope they can use white but its black. Still they join in black but the arowana will somehow not look good right?cause its artificial?
Now you said the video you post the FFL that I said might have nami green or something mixed with that fish but then again I could be wrong cause i just base on the video. Honestly I said that because It look like it but only you know that because you saw it in person but if you ask most long time in arowana which they will looking at the video. I think they will always think or linger in their mind maybe has a mix with nami green aro. But again I could be wrong. Still even with that video for my own opinion lights on or off the fish was nice. But how come you say soon it will cross? How did you able to know that? I know you said you dont want to debate about crossing but really and honestly I want to know how you can say it will cross? Do you have a way to know juvy xb which one will cross or not? That is one powerful knowledge Nel.
Please teach me if you can but also I will understand if you dont cause really that is a special gift or that base on your 31 years of arowana keeping neverless still you got something that most done.

Im learning a lot here and thank you for telling me. Next time if I post Ill try to use those things the no light treatment. And one last thing. In WTT if you notice the page 10 I video light on and no light,with no light but light from outside and then I post only with flash video. If you notice in the video I use a constant flash white light in my camera using my cell phone. If you notice why is the color of the arowana like that? what does it mean? the lights were off or maybe the my flash camera has something to do it?
Hoping for you knowledge Nel.

Thanks again for your concern.