Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 16-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #81
nel

steven,
u failed to understand what i am saying and u want to roti prata a long story.
No point answering if u don't understand.

4 months ago, i saw a GH. very gold. shinning like a sparkling gold bar. The gold is not the classic gold tone. different kinda feel.
I ask the shop owner, can switch off the lights? he is unwilling but he still do it.
The GOLD BAR went missing!!! it looks totally different! what fish is in front of me?

u now asking which piece we will choose?

I have REQUESTED u to re-video the fish without tanklights. Let us see the fish again.

U can write a long story but not show the video again.
Are you no confident of the fish? Or u telling us that if we want to buy a WTT aro, we must set up our tank to be WTT environment?

Re-video.

My friend's fish, i not trying to show/prove to u that fish is a better quality. it is to show u the natural colours of an aro. whether is it a TY, tikum aro or 1.5 red or green aro. its NATURAL colours. How the fish look 5 yrs later, i don't care. Whether that fish is nami green or not, i don't care too. i am not debating about the FFL with u. the fish is not i breed. But i do know, 5 years later, even if the colours fade, it is still the NATURAL COLOURS. Its not being artificially created.

Do u know what is the meaning of NATURAL COLOURS?
it means u cannot change the colours of a fish within a second by clicking a light switch.

i think many bros also keen to see yr quality fish.

By the way, i am also a noob like washywashy about WTT aro.
Old 16-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #82
ARK
Dragon

Peace no war
ARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #83
steventan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel View Post
steven,
u failed to understand what i am saying and u want to roti prata a long story.
No point answering if u don't understand.

4 months ago, i saw a GH. very gold. shinning like a sparkling gold bar. The gold is not the classic gold tone. different kinda feel.
I ask the shop owner, can switch off the lights? he is unwilling but he still do it.
The GOLD BAR went missing!!! it looks totally different! what fish is in front of me?

u now asking which piece we will choose?

I have REQUESTED u to re-video the fish without tanklights. Let us see the fish again.

U can write a long story but not show the video again.
Are you no confident of the fish? Or u telling us that if we want to buy a WTT aro, we must set up our tank to be WTT environment?

Re-video.

My friend's fish, i not trying to show/prove to u that fish is a better quality. it is to show u the natural colours of an aro. whether is it a TY, tikum aro or 1.5 red or green aro. its NATURAL colours. How the fish look 5 yrs later, i don't care. Whether that fish is nami green or not, i don't care too. i am not debating about the FFL with u. the fish is not i breed. But i do know, 5 years later, even if the colours fade, it is still the NATURAL COLOURS. Its not being artificially created.

Do u know what is the meaning of NATURAL COLOURS?
it means u cannot change the colours of a fish within a second by clicking a light switch.

i think many bros also keen to see yr quality fish.

By the way, i am also a noob like washywashy about WTT aro.
Nel,

Thanks for sharing your experience. You have said about xb that somehow they adapt environment. Mimic there surrounding.
In Everything there's an explanation.
Regarding your experience many reason.
One that the fish you saw maybe use yellow light and that fish is somehow lack the genes of a gold arowana. Try green arowana and put yellow light. See what happen. Then turn it off. We dont know the bloodline of that fish. Or maybe the not using the right tanning light for the fish that turn somehow into metalic. Again many reason because of the characteristic of the Xb arowana. It could be the fish, the wrong lights, or the effects of the white tank when turn off. It will become white color. Those are normal due to the white tank and also the fish quality. So am i saying that the fish i post will turn different. Yes and no depend on the fish itself.
You share your experience I'll share mine.
I've been getting xb from Petshop to Petshop ,farm to farm trying everything they told me. Like i said I'm not only into WTT but i tried also black or blue tank.
Zero was my result in turning the aro into gold tone full helmet using WTT. Even i bought already one. Its not gold but whitish color. But with the help of white light it somehow look gold and add yellow light then will look much better.
In the end its not easy to get a fish that posses to be a competition grade. 1 is to 1000. No matter how i try i get the same result. But in using dark that specially bluebase. Gold tone became more deep and blue also. Low light is needed to produce one hence you called it the natural color. Actually its just the arowana natural way when put in darker surrounding. Thats why some practice to blind there arowana cause it makes the color of arowana stronger. Its somehow how arowana react again naturally.

Here a photo

As you can see in light blue tank. No light the fish tone looks nicer. Or say natural looking.
But if i turn on the light. Fish is not so gold. Means it lack something. This is is now put at the photo i post before the one with many cichlids with a center piece looking like big driftwood and its clear glass all side. All natural even having natural sunlight the fish failed. But putting him in a more darker environment somehow he will look better. If i put it in WTT still wont do anything. Because thats all he can do. Many for now the fish is 6 years old.

My point here is what i post in this thread are competition grade arowana. And it is in white tank. Once landed i will put them one in blue one in black and one in clear. Each will be different in time turning into a more natural looking arowana.
There depend on how you and the arowana will react. Cause by putting them to darker or clear tank. The xb will try to adapt its surrounding and again if you want to make it thin frame just let it be. And if you want to hold its scale not to go thin frame then tanning will do.
I dont know if you can understand but i believe i even not need to explain cause i feel you know.

Again the fish I post is not ordinary fish. Cause review the video.
And tell me is it because of WTT?
If i put the fish in black tank there are changes? Yes because it will adapt but come to think of it. You say the FFL will cross soon in dark tank. So the arowana i post will now decrease and slowly the back will turn black.
Only xb that is whitish color will surely fade. This fish is already finished its duty.
And not only the color but tail,body everything is check for fault.
Having one will be a minus.

Come to think of it. How many fish can reach to this level using WTT?

I'll post photo later showing the color in natural and in dark tank.
steventan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 10:18 PM   #84
steventan
Dragon

Nel,

This photos happened today just for you.
Showing fish in all natural way as possible.

Is this want you want? Natural or not?
Xbelly but not that good.
This will not be a competition grade fish. Its a nice fish.

WTT helps determined the potential fish. But some practice making standard xb in WTT for a long time. You will know its quality because its whitish not gold tone.
Old 16-04-2014, 10:20 PM   #85
nel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARK View Post
Peace no war
no war lah.

got ppl say its quality XB and not all WTT aro can be this quality he shows. In short, i only REQUESTED to re-video without the tanklights to confirm the quality he claimed to be. But he will go on and on and on but will not upload new video.

Am i asking too much?

steven, look at the colours, ONLY the colours. though this adult not my fish, i had 10 pcs of small fish of this type. This fish is nothing to be wow about but i like the gold, from head to tail....

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 16-04-2014, 10:35 PM   #86
jack lee
Endangered Dragon

Long time nv see this kinda discussion..
jack lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 10:53 PM   #87
steventan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel View Post
no war lah.

got ppl say its quality XB and not all WTT aro can be this quality he shows. In short, i only REQUESTED to re-video without the tanklights to confirm the quality he claimed to be. But he will go on and on and on but will not upload new video.

Am i asking too much?

steven, look at the colours, ONLY the colours. though this adult not my fish, i had 10 pcs of small fish of this type. This fish is nothing to be wow about but i like the gold, from head to tail....

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Can you turn off the light too?
I already explained.
Its simple just imagine if I'll put the fish in black tank and compare the fish in your video. By the way its a nice fish you have there.
I like also those aro you just post.
But its nice to have different looks and a bit challenging too.
By the way the people who try hard to find and help to make a competition grade arowana try very hard to have one or produce one that they have to do such big investment. Pity just turn off the lights all there time,effort,prayers and money all gone just by turning of the lights.
Old 16-04-2014, 10:57 PM   #88
washywashy
Dragon

Steven, already 9 pages yet I still don't understand what is meant by 'competition grade'. So far this is the first time I'm hearing about such a thing. Enlighten us please, I wanna learn
washywashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #89
TuNA
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack lee View Post
Long time nv see this kinda discussion..
Agreed on this.
TuNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 11:05 PM   #90
nel

steven,

in short, u wanna post yr video without tanklights or not.
Yes or no.

At times, i wonder is it my English too complicated for you to understand.

Ni yao pai long yu mei you kai deng ma? ni zi dao wo zai jiang shen mo ma?

Ah si lu ai wah kong hokkien? Eh sai hip video bo kui her bo?