Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 21-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #11
Young Man
Senior Dragon

hahahaha bro thanks for the compliments but all are here to learn.
whatever anyone ask about a query or for comments, everyone will just state their point of view or share their experience (:
end of the day, just read EVERYTHING and come up with something of YOUR OWN which you think suits you BEST (:

not that much diff lah, im from late 80's and there are alot also from 50's, 60's 70's, just that they low profile or haven't speak yet hehehe again, all is here to learn and it's never too late or too old to learn (:

as for your new setup, looks good (: one thing to comment though, e water still quite yellowish.. maybe due to food.you might wanna get yourself some test kit to check on things like nitrate and pH level (:

have fun and enjoy your 3 tanks (:
all the best!
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #12
Betta Mania

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
hahahaha bro thanks for the compliments but all are here to learn.
whatever anyone ask about a query or for comments, everyone will just state their point of view or share their experience (:
end of the day, just read EVERYTHING and come up with something of YOUR OWN which you think suits you BEST (:

not that much diff lah, im from late 80's and there are alot also from 50's, 60's 70's, just that they low profile or haven't speak yet hehehe again, all is here to learn and it's never too late or too old to learn (:

as for your new setup, looks good (: one thing to comment though, e water still quite yellowish.. maybe due to food.you might wanna get yourself some test kit to check on things like nitrate and pH level (:

have fun and enjoy your 3 tanks (:
all the best!

Hsieh2 , Terima kasih, Kum sia...tsiao ren bu kan......you too nice. As for the color, may be due to my camera becos the African Ciclid tank is really very clear. Mebbe as one would say established alredy. Other two still little cloudy plus my frontosa tank is one the lower level so my young son like to feed and overfeeds them

It could also be the ligting I us - Warm White and not Daylight.

On another subject WEIGHT of tanks....do you know a mini grand piano is about 900 lbs and they are placed in HDB apts? I dont know just how this works out in kilos as I used to pounds and not kilo

So if a baby grand is allowed in a hdb why not 2 tier five feetn or 6 ft?

Last edited by Betta Mania; 21-08-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 21-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #13
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Mania View Post
Hsieh2 , Terima kasih, Kum sia...tsiao ren bu kan......you too nice. As for the color, may be due to my camera becos the African Ciclid tank is really very clear. Mebbe as one would say established alredy. Other two still little cloudy plus my frontosa tank is one the lower level so my young son like to feed and overfeeds them

It could also be the ligting I us - Warm White and not Daylight.

On another subject WEIGHT of tanks....do you know a mini grand piano is about 900 lbs and they are placed in HDB apts? I dont know just how this works out in kilos as I used to pounds and not kilo

So if a baby grand is allowed in a hdb why not 2 tier five feetn or 6 ft?
ahh icic, that's good that the tank has stabilised (:
Old 22-08-2010, 04:24 AM   #14
johannes

900 pounds is about 450 kg bro

nice frontosa set up, btw warm white tube will give slightly yellowish effect.
some tanga keepers sometimes mix their daylight tube with actinic blue to enhance the blue/white of the tanga fishes...
Old 22-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #15
Betta Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
900 pounds is about 450 kg bro

nice frontosa set up, btw warm white tube will give slightly yellowish effect.
some tanga keepers sometimes mix their daylight tube with actinic blue to enhance the blue/white of the tanga fishes...
Bro, there is this quote, something about great minds...ahem...u knoe?!?!!...that was what I went out to buy last night and just ried it out - one tube white , other blue...NICE!...er as they wuld sae..cool bro

It does highlight the blues and makes the fronts kilat swee..only conern blue encourages algae (How?)

Will post pics later..now in a project....u will see later!
Old 22-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #16
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Mania View Post
Bro, there is this quote, something about great minds...ahem...u knoe?!?!!...that was what I went out to buy last night and just ried it out - one tube white , other blue...NICE!...er as they wuld sae..cool bro

It does highlight the blues and makes the fronts kilat swee..only conern blue encourages algae (How?)

Will post pics later..now in a project....u will see later!
haha shiok ah got new toy (: i don't think algae will be a prob.if u scared just put in those common pleco will do (: or be more hardworking and scrub (: hehehe
Old 22-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #17
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

I use red spot snail bought from hong yang aq for solving algae problem. Make sure you get the correct one. The are pH tolerant.

Go google to check for its photos, they are reddish with spots.

Last edited by foreverfrontosa; 22-08-2010 at 08:06 PM.
foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 12:45 AM   #18
Betta Mania

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverfrontosa View Post
I use red spot snail bought from hong yang aq for solving algae problem. Make sure you get the correct one. The are pH tolerant.

Go google to check for its photos, they are reddish with spots.
As promised- FINALLY!!!!.....ouch, my aching back and crampsin my calf muscles from climbing ladder - the 5 x 2.5 x 2.5 is really deepand kinnda high

Anyway it is done - my ears also aching from CO's nagging and grumbling. Just last weekend worked on tanks now floor sll wet..haiiiiah! ....again BUT iwhen completed...sat backto admire..WOW i was really SWEEE and WORTH the effort...see for yourselves and comments please

BTW DUNNO YEW NOTICED......NO DRIFTWOOD for African Cichlids and FRONTS - BUT LOADS OF DW for my South American Cichlids and Angels Fish Collection as well as tetras...neons, emperor, golden, rummy nose, black neon,glowlight.....nuff yakking ..here are the pics:

Last edited by Betta Mania; 09-09-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 23-08-2010, 01:01 AM   #19
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Please allow me to share one of my fronts also(not my nicest piece)
Recently just change new laptop so only have one picture to share.

My setup has only sand and a few boulders.

Last edited by foreverfrontosa; 23-08-2010 at 01:03 AM.
foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 01:11 AM   #20
NEWBIEARO
Dragon

nice blue shine sia
thx for sharing such beauty
NEWBIEARO is offline   Reply With Quote