Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 15-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #21
GhostTownTattoo

the people that i bring into my fish room wouldnt dare touch my tanks, or even move to fast around them for fear that i would smack the life out ofthem, ive never had anyone including my children knock my tank,,,,,,,
i always tell people to move slow around my tanks and never ever touch my glass, not only does it harm my fish .....but cant you see that i spend hours on my tanks keeping the glass perfectly clean and i dont need greesy fingerprints either.......
however at my tattoo shop where i have a big aro tank in the niddle people do it all the time no matter how much i give them trouble or yell......i even put a sign up
i found putting up a sign made my tank look dumb and it didnt work
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Old 16-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #22
Cichlid_fan
Arofanatic

install a 10,000V electric fence ard ur tank (like in jurassic park)...

wait a min... itchy finger guests will still touch e fence hor? but it will b their last touch.
Cichlid_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #23
issacyeo
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmundo View Post
If we cant avoid, we accommodate, training our aros lor, every day you knock your tank before feeding let them get use to it.... i believe can be trained cos i do tat aso..... but not tat hard until break glass tank la
bravo~ alternative solution to a conventional problem
issacyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #24
gilakupu
Dragon

When I did an open house at my home, I did paste a sign do not knock on the glass on my tank.. It did deter my visitor from doing so. For those young cousin when I saw them near my tank I will approach them and educate them regarding the aro .. Eg what they eat, how big they can grow ect and why they should knock on the glass.
gilakupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #25
FanAromatic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmundo View Post
If we cant avoid, we accommodate, training our aros lor, every day you knock your tank before feeding let them get use to it.... i believe can be trained cos i do tat aso..... but not tat hard until break glass tank la
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANCE View Post
just get ur aro used to it. my aro is not scared of any visitors
Is not easy to do so, especially at the initial stage, Aro will possible swimming everyway, hidding, but, then, it is a good method to train an Aro to get use to it. Perhaps the process is slow, from light knock to slowly hard knock. How long you guys train your Aro to be stable to knocking?
FanAromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #26
FanAromatic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cichlid_fan View Post
install a 10,000V electric fence ard ur tank (like in jurassic park)...

wait a min... itchy finger guests will still touch e fence hor? but it will b their last touch.
wow... so fears ah... hahaha... I guess the short circuit wire will break first, and your Aro will have no oxygen... hahaha... you may get back fire bro.
FanAromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #27
strikerho
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanAromatic View Post
wow... so fears ah... hahaha... I guess the short circuit wire will break first, and your Aro will have no oxygen... hahaha... you may get back fire bro.
then u get a firewall lor hehehe
strikerho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #28
strikerho
Arofanatic

anyways i also have something to share....today when i was about to reach for the arosticks under my fish stand,when i got the food i forgot tat the stand between my head and the fish stand was close so when i got up my head hit the stand then my aro panic luckily no serious injuries just some scratches....haiz dk to laugh or cry so end up owner hurt fish kana panic
moral of story...always watch your head
strikerho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 03:58 AM   #29
redarowanme

How abt position yrself where you always have a line of sight to the tank so wen potential harzard approaches get ready to react "Hello cannot cannot"..
Old 18-09-2011, 05:14 AM   #30
coconut

Well guess what, went for midnight movie come home, rtg lost 2 scales, g2 scratches very badly, all over it's face both in same tank with partition. Quickly Lower water 50% and add salt.

I guess it was still unstable from last knocking.

What kind of top do you guys use? I guess the acrylic top and glass is pretty sharp at the edge.