Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 12-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #1
crandf

Default Chiller in bedroom?

I will be grateful for some feedback on chillers.
I want to place a chiller in the bedroom. The exhaust will be vented out of the window. So now I need to ask if the Resun models are quiet enough(especially the kicking in and out noise) for the bedroom, taking into account the chiller will likely be placed on a table at about window height level.

Also need to know if the resun CL280 can cool about 185 liters of water to about 23-24 degrees. Yes, I've gone to the resun homepage already, but I feel such specs are never a definite indication of real world performance.

Much obliged for any help provided
Old 13-03-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
stinky

wont tat be noisy? i mean even ani chiller
Old 13-03-2006, 12:17 AM   #3
stinky

oh ya and y u want 2 chill to such low temp? a waste of energy...
Old 13-03-2006, 10:17 AM   #4
WaterZoo

I had used a CL280(the new version type) to cool a 48"x18"x18" tank without any problem during that period when the Daiel chiller was not available due to stock issues.

Total water capacity minus the 50Kg of LR is about 190litres of saltwater.

Have you consider the Daeil or Artica 1/5HP which is very silent and power consumption is the best in the market today?
Old 13-03-2006, 02:19 PM   #5
crandf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterZoo
I had used a CL280(the new version type) to cool a 48"x18"x18" tank without any problem during that period when the Daiel chiller was not available due to stock issues.

Total water capacity minus the 50Kg of LR is about 190litres of saltwater.

Have you consider the Daeil or Artica 1/5HP which is very silent and power consumption is the best in the market today?
Expensive leh......... Unless I can get a good 2nd hand deal, otherwise resun is good enough for me. How often did your tank kick in/out? and what temperature did you set. Noisy during kicking in/out? Lastly, thanks for the feedback
Old 08-04-2006, 01:19 AM   #6
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crandf
I will be grateful for some feedback on chillers.
I want to place a chiller in the bedroom. The exhaust will be vented out of the window. So now I need to ask if the Resun models are quiet enough(especially the kicking in and out noise) for the bedroom, taking into account the chiller will likely be placed on a table at about window height level.

Also need to know if the resun CL280 can cool about 185 liters of water to about 23-24 degrees. Yes, I've gone to the resun homepage already, but I feel such specs are never a definite indication of real world performance.

Much obliged for any help provided

A friend of mine used CL280 to drive a 3ft tank to 25C, he complain compressor keep running. I think a 3ft is like 160l of water.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote