Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 25-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #61
Titus
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo007 View Post
One more question that I would like to ask, not sure if you have any Allergy reaction when handling of the bloodworm? To me, If I handle the blood worm with my bare hands after a while two of my fingers will be very itchy! Even if I washed my hands with soap and water immediately after I handle them, the itchy symptoms will still exist on my fingers, the handling instructions also stated it will cause allergy reaction!

Currently what I do is to wear a pair of gloves when handling the FBW, and wash my hand with soap and water immediately after used...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD3S View Post
i get similar problems too, bro. there has been suggestions formalin is used to preserve the FBW.

i try not to handle the cubes as much as i can.
Yeap, it is formalin used to preserve the bloodworm that cause the itch. Some people develop dry and cracked skin overtime.

Figo you have the solution - wear a glove Most safe way.

For me, I just make sure I dun touch the bloodworm when I push it out of the packaging. At least minimise it.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #62
BuTLeR

maybe after washing on net you can try to use tweezer to handle it .. easier. use those plastic type you can find in most LFS
Old 26-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #63
Chinmo
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Hi Bro. Current focus is to maintain the health of the fishes and improving on my weaknesses area...

When are you coming back into TVR??
u doing great bro! keep it up! i can't come back to TVR le.... no space for TVR... unless i declare war with OC then conquer 1 room..... i sure Keeep TVRS!

Last edited by Chinmo; 26-05-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Chinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 07:10 AM   #64
figo007
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
Yeap, it is formalin used to preserve the bloodworm that cause the itch. Some people develop dry and cracked skin overtime.

Figo you have the solution - wear a glove Most safe way.

For me, I just make sure I dun touch the bloodworm when I push it out of the packaging. At least minimise it.
I also find that currently this is the most appropriate way to handle the FBW. Try to avoid touching the FBW cube with my bare hands....
figo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 07:23 AM   #65
figo007
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTLeR View Post
maybe after washing on net you can try to use tweezer to handle it .. easier. use those plastic type you can find in most LFS

Thanks for the info brother! I used the plastic spoon (those plastic spoon that we always get from the food stall when packaging) to scoop the worms after rinsing with the tap water initially...

I noticed that the packaging of the FBW that I got it from petmart are quite fresh (from the label of the expiry date, look like they frequently replenish with new stocks ), I just taking out the cube and throw it into the tub (w/o rinsing with the tap water), been trying out for 2 weeks and I'm still monitoring on the fishes. The result seems to work, if this is OK I will carry on with this step, at least can reduce the rinsing with the tap water step...
Old 26-05-2010, 07:27 AM   #66
figo007
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmo View Post
u doing great bro! keep it up! i can't come back to TVR le.... no space for TVR... unless i declare war with OC then conquer 1 room..... i sure Keeep TVRS!
My OC always ask me why don't I put the fishes on the tank rather than the tub....think she still can't differentiate between SVR and TVR haha.......I explained to her the differences but after sometiems still come back to the same question again.....
Old 26-05-2010, 08:32 AM   #67
mediacraze
Dragon

Bro, it good to rinse with tap water. Help to clear some of the dirt and wash the worms off some germs. As our tap water chlorine do help cleaning off the germs.
mediacraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #68
BuTLeR

Quote:
Thanks for the info brother! I used the plastic spoon (those plastic spoon that we always get from the food stall when packaging) to scoop the worms after rinsing with the tap water initially...

I noticed that the packaging of the FBW that I got it from petmart are quite fresh (from the label of the expiry date, look like they frequently replenish with new stocks ), I just taking out the cube and throw it into the tub (w/o rinsing with the tap water), been trying out for 2 weeks and I'm still monitoring on the fishes. The result seems to work, if this is OK I will carry on with this step, at least can reduce the rinsing with the tap water step...
this way still the best .. rinsing part takes up alot of time
Old 26-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #69
figo007
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediacraze View Post
Bro, it good to rinse with tap water. Help to clear some of the dirt and wash the worms off some germs. As our tap water chlorine do help cleaning off the germs.
You are right brother, I will still rinse with tap water if I got the old stocks... I'm just try to save some times especially over the weekend if I take out my timer and feeding with FBW in hourly interval...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuTLeR View Post
this way still the best .. rinsing part takes up alot of time
I'd been doing that for about 2 weeks, will carry on if there is nothing happening on the fishes, still in the monitoring stage.
Old 26-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #70
inca168
Arofanatic

I fed Hikari pallet with timer on day time, if I'm able to wake up early I will add some FBW coz my pallet timer start on 9am

Evening time after work I will feed them with frozen spinach.

Halo bro,

Need to learn from you regarding frozen spinach....u cut it small small pieces? or how u do it?

million thanks
inca168 is offline   Reply With Quote