Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Closed Thread

Old 21-12-2005, 07:40 PM   #31
ultra_wild_blue

In fact, I don't really measure my GH and KH but always set my Ph at 6. Still sometime, I'll also have hard time kicking start a ray to feed on Mp.

Old 21-12-2005, 07:41 PM   #32
PoPoK

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1KARMANN
motoros are the most agressive of rays along with pearls
hmm i faced a different thing...my polka dot was much more aggressive than motoro.motoro was more gentle..pdr pounced on anything, even if i put my fingers on the tank glass..
CHEERS

Old 21-12-2005, 07:43 PM   #33
PoPoK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra_wild_blue
In fact, I don't really measure my GH and KH but always set my Ph at 6. Still sometime, I'll also have hard time kicking start a ray to feed on Mp.
yah i used to check on ph only as for kick start mp, i never had problems. i bought from petpro where their ways were trained to eat mp. even if uppon intro in ur tank, justfeed them live shrimps for a few days, then starve 1 day, then nxt day small pieces of mp..no problem man..rays are HUNGRY GREEDY FREAKS!

CHEERS

Old 21-12-2005, 10:00 PM   #34
liquidnoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra_wild_blue
Hahaha... you're lucky man! I would prefer a greedy ray too! Too bad, I'm always so unlucky as to train every ray from beginning....sigh
let me check I came across from other ray forum on how to train MP. but off hand cun remember. My rays eat MP from the start.

Old 21-12-2005, 10:12 PM   #35
PoPoK

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidnoise
let me check I came across from other ray forum on how to train MP. but off hand cun remember. My rays eat MP from the start.
train mp no need manual one, rays if they eat, everyhing they will eat. just make sure its small pieces that their mouth can gobble easily..

CHEERS

Old 21-12-2005, 10:29 PM   #36
derickyam
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1KARMANN
i dont know for sure as i have never bred rays myself but the size of the male is not that important it all depends on the size of his tools

i dont think a female motoro would be ready to breed until she gets to 14-16inch disk

if you are starting off with small rays is normally best to get a much smaller male than the female as then he wont be ready to breed before her and rip her to bits trying
bro, follow up ur answer what is the ideal size of a male pdr if lets say the size of the female is ard 7-8"? will the small male get bullied by the female resulted in injury and bite all over the body? can a henlei and a pdr (both ave sizes <8") mixed together in a tank size of 5 x 2 x 2?

thks!
Old 21-12-2005, 10:50 PM   #37
liquidnoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by derickyam
bro, follow up ur answer what is the ideal size of a male pdr if lets say the size of the female is ard 7-8"? will the small male get bullied by the female resulted in injury and bite all over the body? can a henlei and a pdr (both ave sizes <8") mixed together in a tank size of 5 x 2 x 2?

thks!
Please allow me to comment.
From what I have read from the jap its usually the male that kills other male.
also from my breeding ray thread. 6 ft will be better.
size for ur ray may grow till 18"
2 ft is 24" minus the 12mm each size. not much space

Old 21-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #38
derickyam
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidnoise
Please allow me to comment.
From what I have read from the jap its usually the male that kills other male.
also from my breeding ray thread. 6 ft will be better.
size for ur ray may grow till 18"
2 ft is 24" minus the 12mm each size. not much space
bro, u mean two males can t put together? its a pair i am referring to....a male n a female

so width is more important than the length i know...but does it implies that the above tank size cannot keep a pair of ray for long?
Old 21-12-2005, 11:17 PM   #39
Stradic
Arofanatic

hi may i know the id of this female ray ?
also my ray has being eating well unitl juz now when i feed mp it only take 1 or 2 pcs cut mp when usually it eats alot . issit it normal ?? btw the ray is ard 9~10 inches.
thanks
Old 22-12-2005, 12:13 AM   #40
T1KARMANN

Quote:
Originally Posted by derickyam

thks!
if the female is 8inch if you get a male around 6inch you should be fine as i have found that females grow alot faster than males and eat more

as for tank size for a adult PDR or motoro you will need a tank that is at least 6ft long buy 2.5 wide but 3ft wide would be a lot better for a breeding trio

if you want to stand a good chance of breeding i would get 2 females and one male as they the stress will be a lot less on the females

if you have problems feeding any ray give them live river/goast shrimp as no rays can refuse it

the rays i have now are the 1st captive bred rays i have had and they were scared of live food when i first got them

if you find your rays start to do less just do more water changes and that should sort things out

if you have more than 1 ray per tank you will really need to be doing 2 x 25% WC per week

Closed Thread