NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2019, 08:23 PM   #143
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 14-03-2019, 08:29 PM   #144
NI KI
Arofanatic

Mohamed Salah was asked in the Alexbank press conference if he wanted to win the PL or the CL:

“Although my childhood dream is to lift the CL trophy, I know the liverpool fans are dreaming of the league, so I choose their dream over mine, I’ll take the league.”

Old 14-03-2019, 08:32 PM   #145
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 14-03-2019, 08:37 PM   #146
NI KI
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoklist View Post
So a possibility of epl teams meeting each other or wont.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeber View Post
i thought it will be 4 EPL teams in each of the Q-finals playoff
The quarter-final draw is open, which means there is no seeding and there are no restrictions over teams from the same country playing each other.
Old 14-03-2019, 08:50 PM   #147
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default While English clubs worship at cathedrals of European football,Liverpool conquer them

Liverpool are the conquerors of the cathedrals of European football.

While most English clubs worship at the capitals of European football, The Reds deliver sermons.

Barcelona's Nou Camp, Real Madrid's Bernabeu, Milan's San Siro and Bayern Munich's Allianz Arena (formerly Olympic Stadium) are the acknowledged capitals of European football.

And Liverpool are the only English club to have triumphed in all four.

Last night's comprehensive 3-1 win in Munich was the latest addition to a unique honours list.

Camp Nou

In more than half-a-century of football between English sides and Barcelona at the Nou Camp, the visitors have won just twice - and they were the same club.

Liverpool are the only English club to have tasted victory away to Barcelona. The first was in 1976, when a John Toshack goal proved enough for a 1-0 first leg win in their UEFA Cup semi-final.

That sparked some less memorable poetry from the winning goalscorer's anthology Gosh it's Tosh! (and it was).

"I've just flown in from Barcelona. Now I'm going for a sauna."

It took 31 years for this feat to be repeated, (the away win, not the verse) when the Reds once again came away from Catalonia with a famous victory.

In their 2007 Champions League last 16 clash, Liverpool came from behind to beat Barca 2-1, thanks to goals from Craig Bellamy and John Arne Riise after Deco had put the La Liga side ahead.

Bernabeu

Manchester United? Neighbours City? Chelsea and Tottenham? All came, saw and failed to conquer at the imposing home of Real Madrid.

Arsenal became the first English side to win there, in February 2006.

But Liverpool are the only other English side to do so.

Yossi Benayoun's header from a Fabio Aurelio free-kick deflated the Madridistas in the first leg of a Champions League quarter-final in 2009.

No English side has won there since.

San Siro

Another citadel whose walls were not breached for more than half-a-century, in March 2008 Arsenal became the first English team to beat AC Milan at the San Siro.

But they only beat the Reds by a week!

The Reds have never met AC Milan on their home turf, but a week after The Gunners had beaten Milan, the Reds travelled to face city rivals Inter in a last-16 stage of the Champions League.

Fernando Torres scored the only goal.

Since then Tottenham (February 2011) and Manchester United (February 2010), have repeated the feat.

Olympic Stadium (Allianz Arena)

Bayern Munich's magnificent arena has been breached on a handful of occasions.

Mike Walker's Norwich City were one of the most surprising victors in 1994, but that was good because the surprise success convinced Everton's hierarchy to appoint the Canaries' boss as their manager.

Arsenal and Manchester City both triumphed in Munich in 2013, but while Liverpool's third visit there in 1981 yielded one of the club's most famous results - it was a 1-1 draw which saw the Reds reach the Europan Cup final.

Last night's memorable success yielded their first win - and added another cathedral of European football to their list.
Old 14-03-2019, 10:07 PM   #148
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 15-03-2019, 08:23 PM   #149
nywa78
Arofanatic

Liverpool vs Porto
nywa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2019, 10:36 PM   #150
elimmel