Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 29-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #211
PNT Guy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliustaking View Post
Hi experts,
A couple of question for you guys, hopefully you can guide me .
1) What fruits do you feed your PNTs ?
Basically "soft flesh" fruits. For my case its usually strawberries, mango, bananas and kiwi.
2) And what do you give for staple diet ?
Hikari turtle food sticks
3) Fruits how long give one time ?
As often as possible for me at lest 2-3 times a week
4) advisable to feed MP ?
No it can cause an upturn shell. Only as an occasional treat. Like once a mth? But mine don't take mp.
5) do you guys take it out to bask ?
No. Plus they don't bask. Some hobbyists do provide D3 reptile light in the tank setup. I am one of them
Cheers !
Hope it helps. Just my 2cents.
PNT Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #212
juliustaking

Thank you very much bro , helped alot. No wonder it didnt eat the price of pear I have it, lol! Going to buy fruits later! Does the above fruit you mentioned sinks?
Is it a must to instal a d3 light ? And, where do you get your hikari turtle stick ?
Oh yes, last question, how many times you feed per day ?
Old 29-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #213
PNT Guy
Dragon

Quote:
Thank you very much bro , helped alot. No wonder it didnt eat the price of pear I have it, lol! Going to buy fruits later! Does the above fruit you mentioned sinks?
Is it a must to instal a d3 light ? And, where do you get your hikari turtle stick ?
Oh yes, last question, how many times you feed per day ?
Not sure about the sinking part. I always hand feed my PNT fruits. D3 isn't a must but it's best cos it provides the essential Vit D3 when UVB is absorbed by the PNT. I got my Hikari turtle food sticks from Y618 I believe C328 have them too FYI the sticks are of floating type as for sinking types u can feed ur PNT Hikari algae waffles but I don't like it is because it causes the poo to be stinker. Once a day
Old 29-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #214
juliustaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNT Guy View Post
Not sure about the sinking part. I always hand feed my PNT fruits. D3 isn't a must but it's best cos it provides the essential Vit D3 when UVB is absorbed by the PNT. I got my Hikari turtle food sticks from Y618 I believe C328 have them too FYI the sticks are of floating type as for sinking types u can feed ur PNT Hikari algae waffles but I don't like it is because it causes the poo to be stinker. Once a day
Ohhhh, but the problem is my tank's heigh is kinda high. Therefore, he doesn't bother anything that is on the surface of the water. I think I'll just feed it algae wafer. Any idea what is the price like for the D3 lights ? Do they eat grapes ? Or a better question, is it advisable to feed grapes ?
Sorry for the newbyness!
Old 29-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #215
PNT Guy
Dragon

Quote:
Ohhhh, but the problem is my tank's heigh is kinda high. Therefore, he doesn't bother anything that is on the surface of the water. I think I'll just feed it algae wafer. Any idea what is the price like for the D3 lights ? Do they eat grapes ? Or a better question, is it advisable to feed grapes ?
Sorry for the newbyness!
Algae wafer is just as good too. Just the poop may be a little smelly. Ah another fruit i regularly feed is grapes too. Arcadia D3 bulb of 12% UVB content is around $50++ for a 3ft(30W) tube about the same price as an Arcadia aro tanning light.

Ps nobody is a noob u and me are all learning form AF. Cheers!

Last edited by PNT Guy; 29-04-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 29-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #216
juliustaking

Quote:
Algae wafer is just as good too. Just the poop may be a little smelly. Ah another fruit i regularly feed is grapes too. Arcadia D3 bulb of 12% UVB content is around $50++ for a 3ft(30W) tube about the same price as an Arcadia aro tanning light.

Ps nobody is a noob u and me are all learning form AF. Cheers!
Problem, he doesn't really accept the wafers that I threw in ! He bites it into half then walk away... Lol, green grapes ?
Old 29-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #217
PNT Guy
Dragon

Both also take. But I usually feed green. Plus food diet may vary from PNT to PNT the each have their unique personality and palette. But all take "soft flesh" fruits.
Old 29-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #218
juliustaking

Quote:
Both also take. But I usually feed green. Plus food diet may vary from PNT to PNT the each have their unique personality and palette. But all take "soft flesh" fruits.
I see thank you for advising, But could you tell me what fruit does your pnt go crazy to ? maybe it could help me as mine only takes MP meant for rays, ...
Old 29-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #219
PNT Guy
Dragon

Crazy to... Kiwi, strawberry and mango. And remember high protein foods like mp will cause an upturn shell.
Old 29-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #220
juliustaking

Quote:
Crazy to... Kiwi, strawberry and mango. And remember high protein foods like mp will cause an upturn shell.
I see, ty, will buy tomorrow. Anyway, how do you hand feed your pnt, does it come up to the surface ? Or you stick your hand in the water ?