Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 28-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #621
Leong68
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsilano View Post
You got Chanko food...thats more den enough...should keep your fishes in top condition.
Yes i have bro, just arrived.
Leong68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 06:16 PM   #622
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leong68 View Post
Yes i have bro, just arrived.

Wow...show us pictures lei...very excited.
Old 28-03-2008, 06:32 PM   #623
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
hello, today you no go ah?

i went to KAn Si lang Ang there to lclc, he say he missed your arse
moscowblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 06:59 PM   #624
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowblue View Post
hello, today you no go ah?

i went to KAn Si lang Ang there to lclc, he say he missed your arse
I was at headache there, but no shadow.
Old 28-03-2008, 07:00 PM   #625
lohsinlong
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lim_kheng_lip View Post
Nazari and bros sorry to interrupt. Just curious lets put it this way, a hobbyist mix the below following percentage amt of diff type of pellets in the auto feeder.

Example of diff type of pellets mixture in %
Spirulina = 50%
Hikari lionhead = 20%
Other types = 20%
Hikari red pack enhancer 10%

If the auto feeder releases the mix pellets 4 times a day. Can we consider too much feeding on the enhancer pellet or it is the same as feeding one time per day as the percentage of a gf taking the pellet each time the auto feeder releases pellets is between 0 to 10%. Sorry not forgetting if the tank is with 4 to 6 gfs.

Sorry hope you all dun mind me asking this type of lousy question as i believe majority of the gf lovers here uses auto feeder.
IMO, i dun tink you can tell which pellets is the better one as it have been mixed with so many types. Thus, i find that it is no point to mix all the pellets together.
lohsinlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #626
Leong68
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Tonight bro. Take photo and show
Leong68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 07:47 PM   #627
mercury1001
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazari View Post
Bro, try not to feed more that one feeding per day using these colour enhancers. Not good for the fishes in the long run if feed too much. And the intensity of the colour will not be visible for a week maybe 2 weeks or more. Nevertheless please update us yeah. Cheers
Thanks bro. Will take note of that.
mercury1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #628
kitsilano

AFC Member

Just share some thoughts and my experiences with dry food as I used to be the liscensed importer of a certain brand of dog food and do have an understanding about commercial feeds whether for fishes, dogs or cats.

Firstly we must understand that all dry feed in order to achieve its texture and uniformity...go look at any pelleted fish food and you can tell for the same brand in the same pkt...all look the same....the manufacturing process is thr' high heat extrusion and in the process a lot of the nutrition like the various vitamins are reduced by the heat.

Secondly it is a known fact that commercial feed carries feelers...feelers are cheap ingredient that add weight and take up space on the pellet, but contain absolutely no nutritional value...why the manufacturer do it...save cost mah...everytime ingredients cost goes up add more feelers.

Observation...those with wall algae where their fishes feed on the algae and those that feed real food like bloodworm,daphnia etc can see that the stool that their fishes passes out look solid and chunky, but when fed solely on certain brand of pelleted food...the stools look soft and easily breaks up.

Not all commercial feed are bad...there are a lot of good pelleted food in the lfs...what I am trying to share and hopefully we can understand is that dont buy a feed bcos your good friend is using it and his fishes nice...on the side his fishes might be having plenty of vegetation or fbw. Observe the stool that your fishes passes out after consuming certain brand of pelleted food, try some other brand and observe any difference in the stools and the overall well being of your fishes and zero on one or two that you think will serve you well.

My 2 cts.

Regards

Kitsilano
kitsilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #629
nazari

Quote:
Originally Posted by lim_kheng_lip View Post
Nazari and bros sorry to interrupt. Just curious lets put it this way, a hobbyist mix the below following percentage amt of diff type of pellets in the auto feeder.

Example of diff type of pellets mixture in %
Spirulina = 50%
Hikari lionhead = 20%
Other types = 20%
Hikari red pack enhancer 10%

If the auto feeder releases the mix pellets 4 times a day. Can we consider too much feeding on the enhancer pellet or it is the same as feeding one time per day as the percentage of a gf taking the pellet each time the auto feeder releases pellets is between 0 to 10%. Sorry not forgetting if the tank is with 4 to 6 gfs.

Sorry hope you all dun mind me asking this type of lousy question as i believe majority of the gf lovers here uses auto feeder.

Kheng Lip, it is always good to ask no matter how 'lousy' it is a question in your mind. I always advocate that to those around me....at the end, we are the one who will walk away stupid for not asking. Anyway, back to your question....i will answer you to best of my limited knowledge:-

I think the 10% new colour enhancer will do well in the overall feed using auto feeder coz that 10% are mixed and will not dropped at one time.....but i noticed that you have already put 50% spirulina which is another form of colour enhancer. So it might be a high side for the colour enhancer ingredients. I would suggest if you can, you feed, 60% growth, 30% health and 10% colour enhancer. Take note that im still experimenting and what i share with you are my thoughts on balance food( in this case pellet food for the auto feeder). Personally im just using the growth and health pellets for my fishes, frozen bloodworm and frozen spinach. Cheers
Old 28-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #630
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsilano View Post
Just share some thoughts and my experiences with dry food as I used to be the liscensed importer of a certain brand of dog food and do have an understanding about commercial feeds whether for fishes, dogs or cats.

Firstly we must understand that all dry feed in order to achieve its texture and uniformity...go look at any pelleted fish food and you can tell for the same brand in the same pkt...all look the same....the manufacturing process is thr' high heat extrusion and in the process a lot of the nutrition like the various vitamins are reduced by the heat.

Secondly it is a known fact that commercial feed carries feelers...feelers are cheap ingredient that add weight and take up space on the pellet, but contain absolutely no nutritional value...why the manufacturer do it...save cost mah...everytime ingredients cost goes up add more feelers.

Observation...those with wall algae where their fishes feed on the algae and those that feed real food like bloodworm,daphnia etc can see that the stool that their fishes passes out look solid and chunky, but when fed solely on certain brand of pelleted food...the stools look soft and easily breaks up.

Not all commercial feed are bad...there are a lot of good pelleted food in the lfs...what I am trying to share and hopefully we can understand is that dont buy a feed bcos your good friend is using it and his fishes nice...on the side his fishes might be having plenty of vegetation or fbw. Observe the stool that your fishes passes out after consuming certain brand of pelleted food, try some other brand and observe any difference in the stools and the overall well being of your fishes and zero on one or two that you think will serve you well.

My 2 cts.

Regards

Kitsilano
very chim..can say in layman words bo?