Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 05-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
satan_gal
Dragon

Default New neighbourhood watch scheme aims to better equip residents

News frm sunday.. din have time to read till this morn.

I'm part of a Neighbourhood Watch Group/Zone (Just got "upgraded" ) in my estate... and

THANK GOD... we not under RC (yet)

I can picture my phone ring and.. "SG ar... PAP jio go patrolling @ Chingay.. NDP..."

SERIOUSLY.... *Flips finger* sounds like free labour so the police no need shoulder all the work to me.. the VERY reason why my neighbours and I decided to form our own was.... Police can't help... coz not enough resources..

No resources stalk out molester in our estate
No resources check on break in in estate
No resource do flr by flr check for suspicious markings, and advise residents on safetly
No resource set up police station till 2014 (I heard)
No resource to even put notice informing residents on the nearest police ctr..

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_741125.html

New neighbourhood watch scheme aims to better equip residents

By Daryl Chin

Residents out patrolling the neighbourhood for unsavoury elements like loansharks will now also get the chance to render assistance during major national events such as Chingay.

This has been made possible through the combination of both the Citizens on Patrol and the Community Emergency Response Team schemes.

At the launch of the first Cert on Patrol (COP) at Pasir Ris on Sunday, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean said this will allow volunteers to be more efficient and effective on the ground.

'If you look at safety and security as a package, it makes more sense. It's also more effective on the ground as volunteers are able to look at both things at the same time,' said Mr Teo, who is also the coordinating minister for national security and the minister for home affairs.
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote