Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 20-11-2002, 03:31 AM   #21
dra9on

Quote:
Originally posted by egstring
aiyah brothers.......
wat ever it is, can cure or cannot cure, dun give a damn lah.
if suay suay kenna, just try to cure.
if the fish cant be cured and died, at least we try.
the main point is that we just have to try our best to keep our water clean. AM i right?

......PEACE!
my exact sentiments .. anyhow also must at least give it a try .. at least we learn ..

I have ever cured a betta once .. but it is at an early stage .. with tetracycline , powder form .. got it from a doctor friend .. the dosage I can't remember already .. but dosage is very impt ..

and some of those commercial fish medication ...they are not very good leh .. coz some medication esp in liquid form .. DO NOT have very long shelf life .. while others decompose when kena light ..
Old 20-11-2002, 07:11 PM   #22
egstring

i used to have a black moore, kenna dropsy.....i think uncurable liao, looks worse than a porcupine......i tried lots of salt bath, and internal bacteria medication, but in the end, i just say a prayer to him and flush him down the toilet bowl. The whole ordeal lasted for abt 1 week. Poor chap.....sigh......
Old 21-11-2002, 01:23 AM   #23
LASERGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by egstring
i used to have a black moore, kenna dropsy.....i think uncurable liao, looks worse than a porcupine......i tried lots of salt bath, and internal bacteria medication, but in the end, i just say a prayer to him and flush him down the toilet bowl. The whole ordeal lasted for abt 1 week. Poor chap.....sigh......
Used to happen to me when I just started keeping GF, but now I did not encounter any more (TOUCH WOOD !!) Just need to be more diligent on changing of water every week.
And I think everybody just needs to be responsible if they want to pick up any hobbies especially involving animals.
Old 21-11-2002, 01:36 AM   #24
goldfishfever

Quote:
Originally posted by LASERGUY

Used to happen to me when I just started keeping GF, but now I did not encounter any more (TOUCH WOOD !!) Just need to be more diligent on changing of water every week.
And I think everybody just needs to be responsible if they want to pick up any hobbies especially involving animals.
What ever method you use, always verify with test kits.