Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 04-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #11
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

My 3.5L is newly bought. Got 2nd hand from a bro in another forum and just did a top-up/swap at NA. Currently my 5L lasted me close to 8mths leow. Still with aroud 300+PSI left. Was approx 70% full when I got that 5L 2nd hand.

I might go down to Seaview tomoro morning, but don't know what time yet. Need to get me a bag of cardinals. Due to unforeseen circumstances, my neon tetras suffered genocide...

Don't have an updated FTS to show, but it's fairly close to the last pic in this thread, with some minor changes.

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...461437&page=12

Will contact you again, bro peanut!

Last edited by Jon-san; 04-02-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #12
peanut8787
Arofanatic

I went to seaview during sunday morning.. reach there 9.30 but they opened at 10am... bo pian, walk here walk there and see bird liao managed to see a kingfisher... lol

bought some aquascape rock, damn it the reception @ seaview reli sucks... Jonson were u there yesterday?
peanut8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #13
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Pai seh, bro. Couldn't make it in time... Had to go market, then to PetMart, then rush home for water change... By the time everything done, almost 5pm leow...
Old 11-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
octopus
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut8787 View Post
I would suggest changing it to Up atomizer.. simple and neat.. easy to install too..
Hi bro peanut can i know if the UP 2 in 1 (atomiser/bubble counter) need to fill up with water before it can be used?>
octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #15
peanut8787
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
Hi bro peanut can i know if the UP 2 in 1 (atomiser/bubble counter) need to fill up with water before it can be used?>
Huh... What talking you? We are talking abt the Up inline atomizer and the GLA diffuser...
Old 26-06-2012, 01:51 AM   #16
TwistedPair

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut8787 View Post
Huh... What talking you? We are talking abt the Up inline atomizer and the GLA diffuser...
hi bro peanuts,
i'm very interested in getting this up line atomizer and GLA diffuser for my own tank. could kindly share how this works? it really looks awesome. can also kindly share on price.

sorry if i missed out on this information if it was mentioned somewhere in this thread?

and apologies to bro octopus, didnt mean to leech on your thread.
Old 26-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #17
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedPair View Post
hi bro peanuts,
i'm very interested in getting this up line atomizer and GLA diffuser for my own tank. could kindly share how this works? it really looks awesome. can also kindly share on price.

sorry if i missed out on this information if it was mentioned somewhere in this thread?

and apologies to bro octopus, didnt mean to leech on your thread.
Using the UP in-line atomizer negates the use of the GLA diffuser. Both are CO2 diffusers, but one works by being stalled within your filter inlet/outlet lines (in-line atomizer) and the other works as a standalone installation (GLA diffuser). Installing the in-line atomizer into the filter inlet line theoretically allows greater dissolution of CO2 into the water since it has more time to react within the water. Personally, I prefer using the GLA diffuser as I find the fine bubble mist stream quite beautiful and very therapeutic. Personal preference, really. Most would think the extremely fine bubbles floating around makes the tank look "cloudy"

Not sure about the actual pricings, but I got my GLA from another guy in a planted forum at $35. It was brand-new although 2nd hand. He had it imported from the States originally, but decided not to use it coz he was using DIY CO2. The GLA atomizer REQUIRES pressurized CO2 to work, since the minimum working pressure required is 25PSI. As for Up In-line Atomizer, I am under the impression that it is quite easily available at well-stocked LFSs. I remember seeing it at Seaview. You can prob try C328 or give Y618 or NA a call. Chances are good that NA should carry stocks, since they are one of the more planted tank oriented LFS here
Old 26-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #18
TwistedPair

hi bro jon-san,

thanks so much for your very detailed explanation! =)

arigatoooooo shi fuuuuu
Old 26-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #19
peanut8787
Arofanatic

On top of what sifu jon-san mentioned. If you are getting the inline atomizer, go for the old version which is available at evil bay, avoid the new version which has the 1-2 tube diffuser with a container. Old version is better then the new version.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #20
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Simi si fu... Si fu is Shadow!