Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 16-09-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
octopus
Arofanatic

Question Need help in setting up of co2 system

Upgrading from low tech to high tech. Need some advise on setting up of a pressurised co2 system. I am using the auto regulator that comes with a needle valve. The primary gauge indicates 1000psi after tank was topped up. When i tried to adjust the needle valve to achieve the working pressure between 5 - 20psi there was no change in reading in the secondary gauge. The reading remains at 40psi regardless of adjustment of needle valve. However the bubble per secs can still be controlled with the needle valve and can see co2 diffusing. Is there something that i have overlooked or is the gauge faulty. Can i just depend on the bubble per sec and ignore the working pressure?
octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 12:31 AM   #2
limsc
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
Upgrading from low tech to high tech. Need some advise on setting up of a pressurised co2 system. I am using the auto regulator that comes with a needle valve. The primary gauge indicates 1000psi after tank was topped up. When i tried to adjust the needle valve to achieve the working pressure between 5 - 20psi there was no change in reading in the secondary gauge. The reading remains at 40psi regardless of adjustment of needle valve. However the bubble per secs can still be controlled with the needle valve and can see co2 diffusing. Is there something that i have overlooked or is the gauge faulty. Can i just depend on the bubble per sec and ignore the working pressure?
Bro, basically you can ignore the working pressure and just depends on the bubble/sec.
The second regulator/gauge is to step down the pressure further for use.
You should be using the needle valve for the amount of CO2 required..
limsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
octopus
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by limsc View Post
Bro, basically you can ignore the working pressure and just depends on the bubble/sec.
The second regulator/gauge is to step down the pressure further for use.
You should be using the needle valve for the amount of CO2 required..
That was a big help. Thanks bro
octopus is offline   Reply With Quote