Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 30-07-2003, 03:04 AM   #21
meowvin

Bro sim faris,

You are wrong.. now C328 got 2 marine tank liao.. marine tank setup with nemo and dory somemore. :-) PA is good coz it 24 hour. I really like it very much.. nothing to do can go there see see look look. but I still prefer c328 coz the price is really good. Got my PH pen from there at only $39. I so happy with it coz I can test out all my marine, Planted and guppies tank. very shiok.. no more test kits.

Advice not to get any live stock especially fishest that arrive on the same day coz it die very easily. It should stock them a day before selling them.

melvin

Quote:
Originally posted by sim faris
hehehe.. but 1 thing good about them they have quite alots of stuff like lights tubes,supplement,n accessories..still ok lah....
if wanna buy fish there got to buy those just arrive 1..if kept more then 24hrs 1 all looks sian sian 1..but price wise still hmmmm...i still prefer the stuff from the old shops..c328..although they don't have marine setup,but their stuff still cheaper then the polya*t by a few dollars..
cheeers
Old 30-07-2003, 03:21 AM   #22
honkozai

Quote:
Originally posted by meowvin
Where is sea life? what time you going down? Maybe I can go along tomorrow if I am free.

Please advice.. or sms to my HP at 90062558.

Melvin
Bro... The address i forgot liao...
Is around the balestier road there...
Cos now i got my tank, Rena canister (CR, Chemi-pure, Coral Chips), salt, sand, thermo cum hydro meter and two test kits (Ammonia and pH) from them liao... I think going to get another protein skimmer from them liao and of course one more test kit (Nitrate)... And light maybe get from Sealife or NA... Cos PA equipment quite cheap and reasonable but as you say... Their knowledge in marine still not that good... Somemore livestock there i think very ex... LR $18/kg ah...
So i think i will get my livestocks from Sealife... There got more... And also bro... I also considering whether want to remove my C3 sand to C0 sand anot... Cos got alot of Bros says not recommended cos no space for benificial bacteria ah...
Old 30-07-2003, 03:35 AM   #23
meowvin

Bro honozai,

Get the protein skimmer from C328 coz they sell cheaper then PA. How much do sea life sell their live rock?

Remove your c3 to c0 will raise your nitrite very high and take very long to settle now. Unless you going to redo the tank also. And how about the c3 sand? throw away? very waste ah.

Don't worry about the c3 or c0 DSB as long you cycle and maintain your tank well. I am using c3 sand for my 3ft tank it already coming 3 year still doing well. you get what i mean?
You should get the nitrate test kit and the other test kit come later. that why i said that PA anyhow give advice. Rem to test the nitrade before intro any fish in.

You may cultivate the benificial bacteria in the cantister or I can pass you some dry benificial bacteria to jump start your newly setup tank. I used it to start all my customer marine tank even those with 4 ft tank.

I also strongly recommend you to use surface skimmer in your cantister. very important for marine.

Melvin

Quote:
Originally posted by honkozai
Bro... The address i forgot liao...
Is around the balestier road there...
Cos now i got my tank, Rena canister (CR, Chemi-pure, Coral Chips), salt, sand, thermo cum hydro meter and two test kits (Ammonia and pH) from them liao... I think going to get another protein skimmer from them liao and of course one more test kit (Nitrate)... And light maybe get from Sealife or NA... Cos PA equipment quite cheap and reasonable but as you say... Their knowledge in marine still not that good... Somemore livestock there i think very ex... LR $18/kg ah...
So i think i will get my livestocks from Sealife... There got more... And also bro... I also considering whether want to remove my C3 sand to C0 sand anot... Cos got alot of Bros says not recommended cos no space for benificial bacteria ah...
Old 30-07-2003, 03:39 AM   #24
sim faris

Quote:
Bro sim faris,

You are wrong.. now C328 got 2 marine tank liao.. marine tank setup with nemo and dory somemore. :-) PA is good coz it 24 hour. I really like it very much.. nothing to do can go there see see look look. but I still prefer c328 coz the price is really good. Got my PH pen from there at only $39. I so happy with it coz I can test out all my marine, Planted and guppies tank. very shiok.. no more test kits.

Advice not to get any live stock especially fishest that arrive on the same day coz it die very easily. It should stock them a day before selling them.

melvin
that's what i think to for fish to stock for at least 24hrsb4 buying them..but not the fish at pa..coz i suspect there some water problem with the pa tanks..everytime sees their fish after few days all slantin side way liow.thats why i recommend to gets fish from them as fast as possible b4 the fish become sick..but maybe not from them.. i only see the demsel healthy only,but their tangs like going soon..maybe only demsel can survive there only..
coz their hardy.
Old 30-07-2003, 03:41 AM   #25
honkozai

Quote:
Bro honozai,

Get the protein skimmer from C328 coz they sell cheaper then PA. How much do sea life sell their live rock?

Remove your c3 to c0 will raise your nitrite very high and take very long to settle now. Unless you going to redo the tank also. And how about the c3 sand? throw away? very waste ah.

Don't worry about the c3 or c0 DSB as long you cycle and maintain your tank well. I am using c3 sand for my 3ft tank it already coming 3 year still doing well. you get what i mean?
You should get the nitrate test kit and the other test kit come later. that why i said that PA anyhow give advice. Rem to test the nitrade before intro any fish in.

You may cultivate the benificial bacteria in the cantister or I can pass you some dry benificial bacteria to jump start your newly setup tank. I used it to start all my customer marine tank even those with 4 ft tank.

Melvin
I think Sealife costs $10/kg...
Read from other forums...
THink i should keep the C3.. Like you say... Very wasteful...
So nitrate testkit is only used when i'm about to add fishes...
Now i still cycling with LR if tomorrow can get it... I should get my Protein skimmer... And let it run somemore right... So when do i need the two test kits i have now??? Surface skimmer in canister??? How do i do it???
Old 30-07-2003, 03:42 AM   #26
meowvin

agree bro :-)

melvin

Quote:
Originally posted by sim faris
that's what i think to for fish to stock for at least 24hrsb4 buying them..but not the fish at pa..coz i suspect there some water problem with the pa tanks..everytime sees their fish after few days all slantin side way liow.thats why i recommend to gets fish from them as fast as possible b4 the fish become sick..but maybe not from them.. i only see the demsel healthy only,but their tangs like going soon..maybe only demsel can survive there only..
coz their hardy.
Old 30-07-2003, 03:47 AM   #27
meowvin

After you intro the fish and coral. test bi-weekly and note down the result for refence.

melvin

Quote:
I think Sealife costs $10/kg...
Read from other forums...
THink i should keep the C3.. Like you say... Very wasteful...
So nitrate testkit is only used when i'm about to add fishes...
Now i still cycling with LR if tomorrow can get it... I should get my Protein skimmer... And let it run somemore right... So when do i need the two test kits i have now??? Surface skimmer in canister??? How do i do it???
Old 30-07-2003, 03:53 AM   #28
honkozai

Quote:
After you intro the fish and coral. test bi-weekly and note down the result for refence.

melvin
ICic... Thanks...
Btw... How to include a surface skimmer in my canister???
Old 30-07-2003, 04:04 AM   #29
meowvin

Attached the input of the cantister to the surface skimmer. so it able suck those waste below and skim the water surface.

Melvin

Quote:
ICic... Thanks...
Btw... How to include a surface skimmer in my canister???
Old 30-07-2003, 04:08 AM   #30
honkozai

Quote:
Attached the input of the cantister to the surface skimmer. so it able suck those waste below and skim the water surface.

Melvin
So Bro...
Surface and protein skimmer is two different thing???
Cos now my canister only has one inlet...
So a surface skimmer will have two???
One in the surface and one in the water???