Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 11:53 PM   #61
stargazer
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
Yes......I think that's puts the last nail in his coffin as they were worried that Oppositions will overrun his GRC...........
Agree. Wise strategy by LHL
Old 12-08-2015, 12:04 AM   #62
stargazer
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
My heart is for more opposition but after looking at WP performance
not sure what they can do even if elected.
I think the middle ground will hold firm, those in civil service
will hold firm
so there wont be much movement
we can tide over
You are right. Last GE ppl talked about PAP walked the ground only nearing election. I can tell you for last 4 yrs I never see WP walk in my ward (aljunied). Only see them during meet-people session or mid autumn festival.

There are even some in my ward saying this time round they will not vote for WP. Time to let other GRC take turn to be under WP.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:42 AM   #63
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Take Tampines and Pasir Ris, for so many years did the ruling MPs walked the GROUND? During raining days and sunny days, see how bad the MRT station link to the Bus Interchange especially Tampines.

Sheltered also all flooded, leaked, wet and slippery. Stand at the bus interchange waiting for bus during raining days, one will get drenched. Bedok alr got indoor interchange, Tampines and Pasir Ris how? When the DBS building gone, I thought they are building the indoor Bus Interchange nearer to the MRT station, but they built T1 (Tampines One not Terminal One hoh).

Then they build the Tampines Hub further away dunno for what? I just want a indoor Bus Interchange and higher bus frequency especially for shuttle bus. Not those peak period private bus program.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:47 AM   #64
jwhtan
Barney

there are always two sides to a coin

some will question what the opposition can do, if elected

others will question what the PAP will do, if no opposition is elected

COE to buy a house ? ERP to get into the lift ? GST at 15% ?
Old 12-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #65
nutx
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
You are right. Last GE ppl talked about PAP walked the ground only nearing election. I can tell you for last 4 yrs I never see WP walk in my ward (aljunied). Only see them during meet-people session or mid autumn festival.

There are even some in my ward saying this time round they will not vote for WP. Time to let other GRC take turn to be under WP.
Aiya....I've not seen anyone knock on my door for the last 10 yrs....be it white or blue...

only occasionally see them at coffee shop or hawker center....
Old 12-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #66
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
The root cause is he (LTA).
Didnt spec the tender well enough.
Didnt know how to spec the preventive maintenance.
Sleepers rot also dont know.
Now insulation rot also dont know.
Clearly LTA didnt know well enough to spec the tender for the operator.
I've zero knowledge about these rot and other maintenance issue. But SMRT (former Stat Board) has been operating the train networks since beginning of days, it is unforgiveable not to know. Obviously,
- CUT Corners, take cheapest alternative
- Too focus on profit than operational matters
- Some people must have been sleeping on the job.
- ALL TOP GUYS in the train networks deserved the sack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
That's because he can't command the LG in SMRT to work........
That's a joke right?

Whoever is the former boss, doesn't matter. Whoever is the current boss, has authority over the subordinate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
Govt interest and party interest cannot mix hor.
Govt interest always mix leh. Last time they claimed PA is independent to politics, but the actions are all obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
I doubt any politician walk the ground regularly. Depending on how they conduct their being on the ground, how detach they are from their ward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
Take Tampines and Pasir Ris, for so many years did the ruling MPs walked the GROUND? During raining days and sunny days, see how bad the MRT station link to the Bus Interchange especially Tampines.
If you bring the problems public, sometimes it works wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutx View Post
only occasionally see them at coffee shop or hawker center....
Not bad already. In fact I'll be happy to see the MPs eating at the coffeeshops or market regularly, so some people may just approach them directly. It's not difficult, just a couple of days a week at different coffeeshop or hawker center.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #67
jwhtan
Barney

if the mp everyday walk the ground, lar kopi at kopi tiam, then will u question where the hell is he going to find time to do real work solving issues ?
Old 12-08-2015, 10:46 AM   #68
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Like what WP Uncle Lim Ee Peng said, why need a minister to go sweep the floor, check the drain, beat the mosquito?? Employ 2 bangala can already.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:51 AM   #69
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
if the mp everyday walk the ground, lar kopi at kopi tiam, then will u question where the hell is he going to find time to do real work solving issues ?
More about, they too are humans and need to eat. So might as well just eat at the ward they are serving in, a couple of times a week doesn't take away too much time.

It is because I also think they (ordinary MPs, not those ministers) should have more duties to do than just MPS once a week, that they won't be seen around all the time.

The couple of times a week at regular eating places does quite a lot towards being "seen".
Old 12-08-2015, 11:09 AM   #70
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
More about, they too are humans and need to eat. So might as well just eat at the ward they are serving in, a couple of times a week doesn't take away too much time.

It is because I also think they (ordinary MPs, not those ministers) should have more duties to do than just MPS once a week, that they won't be seen around all the time.

The couple of times a week at regular eating places does quite a lot towards being "seen".
I've not seen a Minister or MP take out his / her wallet...or I've not seen their wallet before. Any photos or videos ever shown that?
I wonder how much money they put in their wallet?
Closed Thread