Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #41
smellyfish
Dragon

[QUOTE=gavin tan;8992393]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
at least for local area, PAP will give you upgradings, beautification, build this and that. I dunno, maybe the HG residents can pop by PP and take a look.

Bro seriously I only saw cashcard parking gantries erected
haha bro that's a good one. of course the PAP tying public funds for their own political gains is plain wrong at every level. but on a pragmatic level, that is what they are doing, that is not going to change, the residents of HG and PP bore the brunt of that injustice, i dont mind them passing the torch. East Coast should be the next torch bearer if lim siah sway continue to helm it
Old 12-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #42
hkh
Arofanatic

[QUOTE=smellyfish;8992488]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin tan View Post

haha bro that's a good one. of course the PAP tying public funds for their own political gains is plain wrong at every level. but on a pragmatic level, that is what they are doing, that is not going to change, the residents of HG and PP bore the brunt of that injustice, i dont mind them passing the torch. East Coast should be the next torch bearer if lim siah sway continue to helm it
Well the boundaries of East Coast and Joo Chiat will definitely be redrawn.....lesson learnt from the past Anson, Eunos and Cheng San experience....

Think Joo Chiat will be grouped under AMK GRC for safe keeping....
Old 13-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #43
byfun
Arofanatic

[QUOTE=hkh;8992542]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post

Well the boundaries of East Coast and Joo Chiat will definitely be redrawn.....lesson learnt from the past Anson, Eunos and Cheng San experience....

Joo Chiat can join Punggol, Sengkang, Eunos, Bedok.
Old 13-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #44
hkh
Arofanatic

[QUOTE=byfun;8992777]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post

Joo Chiat can join Punggol, Sengkang, Eunos, Bedok.
But ast time they stretch Marine Parade GRC to include Bradell Heights.....
Old 13-05-2012, 03:19 AM   #45
DarkMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMind View Post
Ok, it seems my post is there (I can see it). Someone rebutted and here is my counter-reply:

"

Stanley Ong Peter Teo: Why should I ask Png Eng Huat the same question? Workers' Party does not form the government of Singapore. This is common sense.
2 seconds ago · Like.

Stanley Ong Workers' Party has never formed the government of Singapore, unlike the PAP government which has ruled Singapore since so-called "Independence", and the PAP government's polices have hurt many many true blue Singaporeans like myself. This is the true public sentiment which cannot be lightly or easily dismissed as a minority view which one can ignore.
2 seconds ago · Like"
They (Desmond Choo or his FaceBook admin team) did a despicable thing by censoring my rebuttal. Should I repost my rebuttal?

Last edited by DarkMind; 13-05-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Old 13-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #46
AlvinLeong
Dragon

Quote:
They (Desmond Choo or his FaceBook admin team) did a despicable thing by censoring my rebuttal. Should I repost my rebuttal?
You try praising Desmond Choo. Then wait for few days if he reply or never delete your post, then make it big, Wah, negative feedback delete, only allow positive feedback in your facebook ah? So simi listen to residents??? Bullshit!
Old 13-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #47
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinLeong View Post
You try praising Desmond Choo. Then wait for few days if he reply or never delete your post, then make it big, Wah, negative feedback delete, only allow positive feedback in your facebook ah? So simi listen to residents??? Bullshit!
Leopard can't change it's spots.....my friend....please vote wisely.....
Old 13-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #48
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
Given their unique artistic ability, maybe under Tanjung Pagah la....

I still dun quite understand how they draw leh... Tanjung Pagah GRC, was 'cut' by Radin Mas and another SMC and West Coast GRC, but Tanglin Halt and Holland Village area is under Tanjung Pagah. Shdn't Holland be under Holland-Bt Timah? Just like many other GRCs.

Ahhh Uniquely Singapore.

Quote:
Write a little tactfully, such that they may find it hard to delete. Btw, is it possible to comment on ur own wall and tag them? (i'm not techie thus duno)

Else, maybe you can post on STOMP, than in that guy's fb page, provide e link.
Old 14-05-2012, 04:36 AM   #49
DarkMind

oh my gosh. I found out some information about this Desmond Choo. It concerns his uncle.

From Dr Tan Cheng Bock's Facebook:

Fred Tan:===> Former, disgraced PAP MP in Jln Besar, chinese educated Choo Wee Khiang - LKY name him as e best Chinese academician.

In '92, he caused quite a stir when he remarked during a Parliamentary sitting: "One evening, I drove to Little India and it was in complete darkness but not because there was no light but because there were too many Indians around."

36 ST readers wrote to ST Forum lambasted him for his insensitivity and making racist remarks. Choo subsequently apologised.

In '99, Choo resigned as MP two hours before pleading guilty to a charge of abetting his brother-in-law to cheat a finance company by issuing false invoices. He was sentenced to two weeks in jail, fined $10,000 and was barred from contesting parliamentary elections for five years.

In a statement, then Acting Prime Minister LHL said he was saddened by Choo's resignation and that Choo "has done the right thing."

Now after release from prison & after GE2011, he's charged again with CBT in Spore's Table Tennis Assoc when he was e President.

Note, this is e same CWK who lambasted e peep, media & his colleagues when questioned bout FT policy in table tennis.

For this type to be call good by LKY, I have one thing to say - deluded!

BTW, CWKs also current PAP candidate for HG's by-election, Desmond Choo's uncle!
Let us just hope Desmond dun end up like his uncle, or worst, his asst sec for PAP HG's branch.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...170100/1/.html

Ex-table tennis chief Choo Wee Khiang charged with graft
By Julia Ng | Posted: 08 December 2011 1034 hrs

Photos 2 of 2

Koh Li Ping

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

inShare5 ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SINGAPORE: Former Member of Parliament Choo Wee Khiang has been charged in court with three counts of corruption and one of criminal breach of trust.

The amounts involved total about S$10,600. The offences were allegedly committed during Choo's tenure as the president of the Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA).

The Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) said it received several anonymous complaints against Choo from 2005 to 2007 alleging that he had charged his personal airfares, expenses, phone bills to STTA and received gifts from Chinese coaches and players.

Acting on the information received, the CPIB conducted an investigation which revealed that in 2005, Choo had received S$1,500 from Liu Zhongze, who was then a national team player, and Luo Jie, who was then an assistant coach of the STTA, in return for giving Liu more opportunities to represent the STTA in table tennis tournaments.

Investigations also revealed that between 2003 and 2004, Choo is believed to have accepted US$600 on two separate occasions from Shi Mei Sheng, who was then a STTA coach. This was allegedly his reward for approving the use of two different training facilities in China.

The last charge of criminal breach of trust also involves the former High Performance Manager of STTA, Koh Li Ping, who was charged in the same court on Thursday.

The CPIB said that between 2002 and 2003, Luo Jie, whose work pass only permitted him to work for STTA, provided table tennis training to students of Fuhua Secondary School.

But the school was unable to pay him for the training provided, which amounted to S$8,400.

Luo Jie told Choo and Koh about this.

They then allegedly arranged with the principal of the school to engage STTA in a new training arrangement with the intention to use the proceeds received to pay Luo Jie for the outstanding fees.

Subsequently, after STTA received the payment from the school, Koh obtained approval from Choo to authorise a payment of S$8,400 to Luo Jie, even though the latter did not provide any training services under the new training arrangement.

Choo's case has been adjourned to December 22. If found guilty of corruption, he can be fined S$100,000 and jailed five years for each charge.

The punishment for criminal breach of trust is a jail term of up to 15 years and a fine.

This is not the first time Choo has been on the wrong side of the law.

In 1999, the 57-year-old was sentenced to two weeks' jail and fined S$10,000 for helping a family friend to use false invoices to cheat a finance company into granting an S$830,000 loan.

Choo resigned from the STTA in July 2008.

Current STTA president, Ms Lee Bee Wah, posted on Facebook her comments on Choo's case.

She said that since taking over the STTA, she has put in place proper systems and procedures, especially when it comes to governance.

Ms Lee has also promised not to be complacent and to constantly review and improve on these procedures.

- CNA/ck/ir

Last edited by DarkMind; 14-05-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Old 14-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #50
globalcookie
Dragon

Funny how this former PAP guy Choo Wee Khiang is taken to task so LIGHTLY...

Last time what was e reason for sacking Dr Chee Soon Juan, and what happened to Dr Chee since?
Closed Thread