Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum

Old 02-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #11
Clamence
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayis89 View Post
something like this? with marbled genes though
Hmm looks great but have some specs on the body! But as Mod Imbellis said, marble gene are unstable, thus fry come out may have many diff pattern of blue white and wont be a true dragon. Thanks anyway love the fish, striking blue tail contrast with white body
Clamence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #12
edmund90
Arofanatic

Cool

Does this looks like the so call "Blue Dragon"? *is from a marble line actually
edmund90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:44 PM   #13
Clamence
Arofanatic

Wow nice piece, looks "clean" Too bad it will morph into other patterns as it ages Thanks for sharing anyway bro
Old 08-01-2014, 12:51 AM   #14
Jasmine1005
Arofanatic

Black/blue sexy lips. Lol. Must ve still young.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Jasmine1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #15
edmund90
Arofanatic

Thumbs up

erm, actually it stay at this color till RIP.

Picture taken at age 4/5 months old.

Below are the sibling of the above fish. Male and Female
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcjgkwbN26c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pqsvIcZXis[/YOUTUBE]
edmund90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:12 PM   #16
Clamence
Arofanatic

Wah so many wwith tthat pattern?? Cool Maybe that betta got special stable marble gene
Old 09-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #17
BonBetta

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamence View Post
Hey bros just want to know is it possible to create a blue dragon, and if so, how? Any experts on genetics care to share So far have not seen any at all yet, but really would love the looks of it TIA

Hi Bro,

It's a very interesting question - your post on the possibility of blue dragons. A regular betta reseller tried to sell me a pair last week knowing full well that I trusted his "professional" opinions and recommendations and that I have made many, many purchases from him previously without second thought.

However, fortunately for me, and rather unfortunately for him, I had come across this scholarly article on Dragons very early on in my betta research.

Do a search for the article below at bettaterritory dot nl (*Apologies for not linking the URLs. I've to make 10 posts first)

"Dragons" - A new era in the world of "bling-bling" bettas!

By Victoria Stark-Parnell* and Joep H. M. van Esch

The article was first published in Flare (Journal of the IBC) - November/December 2009, Volume 43, No. 3.

I quote a section in the paper regarding the existence of blue dragons:

" Do blue "dragons" exist?

The characteristic thick, silvery/white metallic layer on the body is typically found red, yellow, orange, white and black "dragons". In case of red, yellow and orange "dragons" this layer can be observed in both light- and darkbodied fish.

Interestingly, so far this characteristic silvery/white metallic layer has not been observed in darkbodied bettas with a classical iridescent color (steel blue, turquoise or royal blue) of the body and finnage. The picture shows an imaginary example of what the authors mean with this.

In case of a dark bodied "dragons" with a classical iridescent base, the silvery/white appearance seems to be masked although based on macroscopic observation (with the naked eye) their scaling definitely seems to differ from a regular metallic fish by being more solid. There have been reports of red and black dragons with a blueish shine on their scaling but so far no real blue "dragons" with this typical thick, silvery/white scaling have been developed. It would be interesting to find out whether it is possible to obtain a the thick, silvery/white metallic layer back after crossing a blue or copper "dragon" as depicted above to a red, yellow, orange or black betta."

So basically blue dragons DO NOT EXIST. Unless someone has successfully bred some in the time since the article was published!

Hope this helps
Old 09-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #18
BonBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine1005 View Post
Went to google.. and this is the most realistic one that I found. Others look abit photoshop.

It's an imaginary blue dragon that the authors of an article on dragons used. Pls refer to my previous post
Old 10-01-2014, 10:59 PM   #19
Clamence
Arofanatic

Thanks all for their input

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #20
^tanch^
Dragon

Interesting discussion here. The closest i believe to come to the blue dragon strain would be the marble genes however it would take years and years to perfect it.. worth a try though..

^tanch^ is offline   Reply With Quote