Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 20-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #31
stmoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesurfer View Post
so chem ar...what is all that?
http://www.floridadriftwood.com/CO2_reactor_info.htm

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/CO2/

found this link about power head Reactor, read it in some forum about this and can DIY easily too.

going to try it on my 2ft tank,
Old 23-09-2007, 06:38 PM   #32
bluesurfer

omg...my co2 like producing some white transparent stuff turning all my plants to dark green liao...wat am i to do now??wat is happening??everything seem to spoil overnite...
Old 23-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #33
coryfav
Dragon

Spoil?

The white stuff might have been what's caused by the sugar, and shouldn't be harmful. Not uncommon with DIY CO2.

Your plants turning darker green? Can it be algae covering the leaves?

Care to tell us the process in which you did this preparation, how you set it up, etc?

Probably a pic or two may help.
coryfav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 07:10 PM   #34
bluesurfer

erm...earlier tis morning i wake up and finds the diffuser filled with a lot of transparent slimy stuff...i manage to take off some but later during the day...ard 4-5pm...i realised that the slimy stuff like muclus i over my plant...the worst thing is...its hc color turn dark green...so now donno what actualli happen during the nite man...help!!
Old 23-09-2007, 08:22 PM   #35
bluesurfer

oh i forget...i put sugar till the 1/4 mark inside the container den add some water to about 3/4 of the container mark. den i give it a shake. added 1 tsp of yeast and sodium bi carbonate. AND DID NOT SHAKE IT...covered it and in 10 min time bubbles is seen alrdy...
Old 23-09-2007, 09:38 PM   #36
coryfav
Dragon

There are basically 2 markings in the container, one for sugar and the higher one is for water level. I'm not sure about the need to shake the solution, as I've never done that. The solution I do normally take about 4 hours to start releasing co2.

The whitish stuff, if near/at the outlet, should be from the sugar.

I'm not sure why this whitish stuff got to your plants... may be something to do with the shaking of the sugar solution. Perhaps some members who do shake their DIY co2 solution can share something on this?

As for the greenish stuff... I've come across BGA (Blue Green Algae - Cynobacteria) on HC. But I may be wrong, since you mentioned it happened sort of overnight.
coryfav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2007, 11:42 PM   #37
bluesurfer

hmm...if its sugar it sure is a slimy one...and it is super messy inside my tank...donno is that transparent stuff fungus or wat sia...
Old 24-09-2007, 05:01 AM   #38
24/7

don't put so much water.. when everything goes in.. sugar + water.. it sould be not more than half.. this way when the reaction occurs.. bubbling.. will not force its way out and into your tank..
Old 24-09-2007, 07:40 PM   #39
bluesurfer

izit like tat???cos nutrafin system have their own marking so i thought can follow...so water i put below half?
Old 24-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #40
bluesurfer

shit!!!!my newly made co2 mixture again there is the transparent stuff...izit realli sugar mixture??