Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 26-07-2006, 11:40 AM   #41
Leopard88

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkoh79
Hey Chee, guess what? I surfed the web last night, and found a discussion on this series. Yes, Indeed, all Eheim Ecco will somehow have a column of air after it starts running (with quite a few entries confirming the "phenomenon"). So if any of you are getting the 223X series, or Eccos, just bear this it in mind that it is not the problem of your particular cannister. Thanks everyone for trying to help!! Thanks!

Do you still get the rattling noise when the canister is running ? It should not have noise, else it will be a design defect .
Old 26-07-2006, 11:57 AM   #42
swkoh79

I never have any rattling sound. The filter only gives out this sound when the inlet is not in water. The only sound this filter is giving out, is an occassion minute sound of water flow due to the space inside.
Old 26-07-2006, 06:40 PM   #43
mtanec

my problem with this model is the power.. it will be powerful after I give it a overflow method everyweek (though releasing some dirt into the tank which I will change water, so nevermind)..

but over the week, somehow some air got in and the water output becomes weaker which affect my CO2 induction (using internal reactor powered by water output)..

Really tempted to apply a coating of silicon gel all over which is easily removed when I want to clean the filter..
Old 26-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #44
swkoh79

Wow, a coat of silicon, that sounds a big project to me. Did not know that this series have this problem until now. It is good that we bring this up, and the rest of you can know some of the issues involved. Anyway, for me, since it is like this, I no longer has to make a mess out of everything. I can rest my mind assured, and let it run as it is. No choice right?
Old 27-07-2006, 05:20 PM   #45
cheetf
Dragon

Maybe the lower flow rate is ideal for your shrimp tank.
cheetf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 02:16 PM   #46
jojoe cute

Eheim = 222x series used

&

Eden 501 brand new

Both selling same price, which cannister will u buy?

Thanks
Old 30-07-2006, 06:04 PM   #47
cheetf
Dragon

The used 222X
cheetf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #48
jamesny

Default Noise from eheim 2217

I cleaned my canister yesterday, and after started it again, it created some noise from the pump. i thought it was because air in the filter, so i uninstall it and restart it for few times, but the noise remained.
any bros know what is the problem? please help.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #49
mtanec

if u start it up with no water, it will create some noise as the pump is working slight harder to fill up the cannister with water.. once it is filled up, the noise shld stop.. if noise persist, try start up with the cannister filled with water and see if there is noise.. if there is noise, then u may want to strip the pump and check if there is some stuffs causing the noise.. otherwise, it shld be purring like a cat after starting up, even tilting it side to side and even giving it a hard tap by the side..