Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 14-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #11
longyi
Endangered Dragon

Thumbs up

bro EvolutionZ, from 1st pic of your rocks creation see nothing clear but as you slowly progressing on and on till the last pic, it is really very nice and awesome looking.

Congrats, a good and well done job.........good imagination and very creative work.
longyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 02:54 AM   #12
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Update:

Missed out this photo, a rough idea how to do the rockscape, get the longest zip ties, don't save up on the epoxy esp on areas that supports the base and also area that is overhanging!

Now, its actually my first time buying almost all of my equipments brand new and im very excited about it!

Here's my new Skimz Monzter Mini DC SN123, Very well packaged with detailed instructions on how to assemble it.

Doing a vinegar wash and upon firing up, it immediately starts to foam and it was pretty amazing how well it foamed even it was just vinegar and water.

The controller offers a couple of speed but i guess i will just leave it at the max, the 10 Minutes feed more is great for when feeding corals too!

Now, the interesting part is this 'gate', this controls how much water leaves the skimmer body and thus, allows the adjustment of the water level in the body.

Next is this amazing pump! the Jebao DC 9000, as per its name, its 9000l/hr which is wayyyyyy too overkill for my tank. But since its controllable, why not get the bigger one!
It will be T-ed off to my chiller as well as 2 return pipes. One great thing about this pump is how it slowly starts up over a minute to minimise splashing! Its also almost dead silent even running at full speed inside a red sea salt pail!

Last picture for the day, Here's the sand i'll be using!

My apologies for the bad picture quality! Been using my phone to take these photos!
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #13
longyi
Endangered Dragon

Very good information tips for your new floating reef setup and also easily kena poison by you.
Old 15-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #14
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Update! Tank is here!!!!

Beautifully made cabinet!

Tank & sump, didn't expect myself to love black silicon and the black backing!

Yet to be assembled pipings, also you can see the 2 return outlets drilled into the tank.

Front side crystal, side panel normal, check out the differences! Although i expected the crystal to be light blue or at least colorless..

Bottom braced, silicon wasn't well done at the bottom but they will be covered by sand.

sump with equipments placed inside. i still have space for some rocks and stuff too! I also asked for 2 wooden shelves to place my sockets and dosing pump

Bean animal assembled.

I purchased by own Blue union ball valve recommanded by a friend from Madpetz. The orignal is actually pretty hard to tune it.

Return outlet, silicon work was pretty badly done even after they had tried to rectified it..

The 3 pipes, requested for sock filter compartment, the pipes are not glued so they can be removed with ease.. the 2 other serve as emergency
Old 15-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #15
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Full set up with my Razor and Hailea HS-66a and my spaceship rockwork inside! Love the clean look!

Thats not the spaceship emitting blue light, thats just my blue tub's reflection!

That's all for now folks! will update when i get the tank filled later!
Old 15-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #16
Jabby
Dragon

Wow amazing pictures and well written description. I am glad you put in a lot of work and effort into planning this reef tank. Well done.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2014, 01:51 AM   #17
longyi
Endangered Dragon

So detailed explanation and with nice pics to show for your setup new project, really getting alot of poison from you.

Next chapter is to see it filled up with water and with decorations.
Old 16-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #18
conchabullosa
Arofanatic

Thumbs up

Very Nice and Detailed explanation and pics!!
conchabullosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #19
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Updates:

Starting to fill up with DI!

almost done..

sump

I actually used about 70% of the water from the blue tub (from the first picture), and the rest are using new DI water with Skizm Pur reef salt. Dumped 40lb worth of fiji pink salt (loving the grain size but not the amount of pink it has!) and now awaiting for the water to clear.

The amazingly quiet overflow. Great for surface skimming too

Here's what the skimmer has been pulling out after 1 hour of break-in! i believe its the cloudy water caused by the live sand!

Will be dosing prodibio Biodigest 1 vial/day for the next 14 days.

Thanks for viewing!
Old 16-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #20
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

last one wrong pic!