Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 14-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #11
canopy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fins&Tails View Post
Just finish DIY my ohf today with 8000lph flowrate
you are using one base for distribution of water to the next layer right? it is kind of waste leh. maybe can improve on that....
canopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #12
Daniel_Tan183
Arofanatic

Hi bro FidoX, for me, I used 5cm of the very thick green tubing which most LFS would carry.

-Fit roughly 2cm onto the rainbar,
-Cut the end of the flexible tubing which you want to fit into the rainbar, till the area with ridges.
-Insert the tubing into the rainbar till the first hole where the water exits.

It works for me, very secure.
Daniel_Tan183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #13
Angsua
Endangered Dragon

Quote:

impressive
Angsua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #14
leowboy
Arofanatic

Quote:

Impressive set up. Mind to share how it work ?
leowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #15
Fins&Tails
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wei_yuan86 View Post
Wow impressive set up..
Looks pretty hard core
How does the PVC piping help improve the system bro?
Quote:
Originally Posted by canopy View Post
you are using one base for distribution of water to the next layer right? it is kind of waste leh. maybe can improve on that....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angsua View Post
impressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by leowboy View Post
Impressive set up. Mind to share how it work ?

Thanks bros.

Actually this is a ious 2 tier setup. The return pump at bottom tank pumping water up to this ohf. Using rio32hf.

PVC pipings secured firmly to cover so even top tray can place a layer of momotaro. Rest of trays are stacked with a layer of mr aqua cr n momotaro. As for wool the ious will take care of it. PVC piping rainbar has valves to control the flow at end of rain bar cos normally end has stronger flow than front. Base plate has 3 outlets so won't overflow.

So far running ok, only that bottom ious compartment water drop very low when running. Headache
Fins&Tails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #16
wei_yuan86
Dragon

Quote:
Thanks bros.

Actually this is a ious 2 tier setup. The return pump at bottom tank pumping water up to this ohf. Using rio32hf.

PVC pipings secured firmly to cover so even top tray can place a layer of momotaro. Rest of trays are stacked with a layer of mr aqua cr n momotaro. As for wool the ious will take care of it. PVC piping rainbar has valves to control the flow at end of rain bar cos normally end has stronger flow than front. Base plate has 3 outlets so won't overflow.

So far running ok, only that bottom ious compartment water drop very low when running. Headache
Excellent idea bro.. The idea of the control valves to control the FR of water being received in the 3 trays is great. This solves the common problem of the last tray being flooded more than the other 2.
Something i will consider next time if ever there's a new set up.
Thanks for sharing
wei_yuan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #17
No78
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoX View Post
Yes bro Daniel it's 20HF, very correct referring to the tubing that connects the pump to the rain bar ... Any1 with photo or video of their OHF setup can post very keen to see how u guys do it ...
4ft ohf use rio 20hf ? i think you will have problem on over flow .
No78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #18
jookie

Quote:
Thanks bros.

Hmmm...can share with me how you do the 3 outlets for the base plate? With only 1 outlet although it's flooding my base plate, I don't dare to drill the base plate as I'm worried it will affect the integrity or strength to withstand the load of the medias.
jookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #19
canopy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by No78 View Post
4ft ohf use rio 20hf ? i think you will have problem on over flow .
i agree. maybe you need to change to a lower flowrate. a 4000LPH will be more than sufficient.
canopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #20
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Thanks bros.

This mean your current powerhead is too strong for your IOS setup. I use to install a ehiem 1262 to my 6 footer IOS and ended up also like you, pump compartment water level drop too fast. After change back to ehiem 1260 the water level go back to normal.
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote